It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 759
<< 756  757  758    760  761  762 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

There is no way this is getting implemented in any serious Fashion,neither will it help. Riots are out,say hello to outright Civil War...i doubt the Police will help the Politicans after this...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

Well this week-end shall be fun in Greece.

Probably a few fires and bombs going off.

Maybe even assassination attempts against members of government.

It's about to get feral.

And the funniest thing about this... it's just to meet this month's obligations. Not to save Greece from default.

And the even funnier thing about this... it's coming HERE too. In North America and Europe. No pensions. No nothing.

An entitled people with nothing.

Entitled people that just got robbed will go feral it won't be long.

Bank Downgrades Jump The Atlantic: S&P Cuts Italian Intesa Sanpaolo, Mediobanca From A+ To A

Bye bye Italy.
edit on 21-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by Shenon

Well this week-end shall be fun in Greece.

Probably a few fires and bombs going off.

Maybe even assassination attempts against members of government.

It's about to get feral.

And the funniest thing about this... it's just to meet this month's obligations. Not to save Greece from default.

And the even funnier thing about this... it's coming HERE too. In North America and Europe. No pensions. No nothing.

An entitled people with nothing.

Entitled people that just got robbed will go feral it won't be long.

Bank Downgrades Jump The Atlantic: S&P Cuts Italian Intesa Sanpaolo, Mediobanca From A+ To A

Bye bye Italy.

sad but true. those that wont budge to take a 20% hair cut on there entitalments will end up losing it all in the long run!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Ya well, THEY ALREADY LOST IT. The pensions were stolen a long time ago. They are still being stolen right now. A lot of pensions are going in the stock market... and it's been negative since the beginning of the year, A LOT... especially for people in Germany (DAX is down something like 25% since the beginning of the year). Not to mention the inflation tax.

Remember that China cut the money to the European banks because they were afraid? Well how long before they cut money to the US banks?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

It already did, is taking some of the toxic mortgages and putting them on the backs of the tax payer. They are not telling how much the final cost to the tax payer is going to be.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Buffet belong to the uber class they get rewards and bailouts for supporting the wallets of the whores in Washington he is not about to lose anything.

edit on 21-9-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Uh oh...

The Committee intends to purchase, by the end of June 2012, $400 billion of Treasury securities with remaining maturities of 6 years to 30 years and to sell an equal amount of Treasury securities with remaining maturities of 3 years or less.

Aka no QE.

And kabooooooooom.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Can inflation go global?
Are they going to try to localize it somewhere (like in Weimar Republic), blame it on someone in particular?
If they don't do something with banking-corporate cartel soon, there is going to be all hell loose all over the place.
I think their timing is very, very bad. Things are already gone too far.
There is now a need for some independent "leaders/saviors" to pop-up, or else. Bankers will never go for suicide as long as they are in position of ultimate power.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The Greece military is part of the budget cuts, I think more to have less turn against the government in coup?, perhaps.

Greece: Don’t Discount the Role of the Military

Political instability and rebellion have stretched across the Mediterranean’s North African coastline and up to Syria, but why should they stop there? Why should they not stretch to Greece, for example?

It’s worth remembering that Greek generals staged a coup in 1967 and then ran the country as a junta. Democracy wasn’t restored until 1975. That’s not such a long time ago.

They are still very much a powerful force in the country, even with all the cuts been planned.

When bureaucrats don’t get paid, they down tools and go on strike. But what happens when the money stops flowing to the army?

In June a report from the CIA concluded that a military coup was possible in Greece. This was picked up business blog Business Insider, for instance.['ex]

Even the US is watching very closely to what may happen in the Greece.

blogs.wsj.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
What is going on with Britain, I thought they can print their money at will like the US, now they are borrowing? like drunken sailors?

Britain’s Borrowing Binge Continues

The Office for National Statistics’ report that the U.K. public sector borrowed more last month than in any August on record is clearly bad news for the government–but it isn’t the whole story.

While record borrowing fits uneasily with Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne’s message that the government is taking action to cut the deficit, the figures are still–just about–on his side.

August’s dreadful figure was partly a quirk, a result of government spending delayed from July. And more importantly, the ONS made large downward revisions to borrowing in the first four months of this fiscal year, and in 2010/11 as a whole–meaning his targets just got easier to meet.

They are turning like the US, when it comes to increasing debt at the expenses of the people.

blogs.wsj.com...

Funny,

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I´m a lil dissapointed,nothing has blown up,yet. Pity...

Ah well,tomorrow is another Day in which something could explode,has to happen someday anyway

G´Night

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It is typical in a situation like this for various Ponzi banks to pop up and give enormous short term interest. Just watch. People always fall for borrowing "while they still can" hysteria.

Everything is going down. I expect blaming to commence soon.
edit on 21-9-2011 by DangerDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

Well with that move that the FED just did, the bank earnings of having a boatload of treasuries bills and giving loans to nobody while earning the interest won't work anymore.

So Bernanke might actually kill the big banks with that move.
Way to go Bernanke!

That or force them to loan. Or raise rates, a lot.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I think he is actually "forcing the banks to loan more" still how can they with all the foreclosures going on, darn how can you loan also with the high unemployment we got, more credit cards? I am laughing at this one.

So either the banks loan or else.

Operation twist will not work.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Why Operation Twist Might Fail

Many aren’t drinking the Fed’s Cool-Aid. Jeff Macke, of Breakout and Yahoo! Finance, notes that financial realities in today’s market make the Twist’s success unlikely. Macke writes that Operation Twist solves a problem we don’t have.” In other words, rates are already plenty low. Macke goes on to state how corporations have plenty of cash to invest (thanks 2008-9 de-leveraging), and how Treasuries already cost investors money vs. inflation. For Macke, and many like-minded investors, the issue is simply jobs. The rate jockeying will not create jobs if inflation and corporate balance sheets are already under control.

How much are we in trouble/ lets say that the fed is showing that is not more surprises coming out of Bernankes magic hat

With the high unemployments Banks are not going to be that willing to loan at all.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

how can you loan also with the high unemployment we got, more credit cards?

Easy! Loan more to more bankrupt people!

Me thinks one of the aims of this is to force pension funds into the stock market (for yields) so they can steal more.

People should just boycott the treasury market, boycott the stock market and buy gold.

Bernanke is going for the Japanese scenario.

And his strategy of flattening the treasury yield curve will totally bankrupt American banks that are on the verge... BAC is pretty much screwed. All the others are too... JPMorgan, GS, Citi... Is this a plot to collapse the banking system or for another bailout ?

We'll see in the next few months.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I don't know about that, Bernanke has to much power over people in this nations livelihood and people can not even use their votes to get rid of him.

Still people think Bernanke is a financial genius Bernanke works for the uber class, the Goldman Sach and so.

Is something taking shape in this nation and those that are protesting in Wall Streets knows the whole deal, the markets are not very happy with Bernankes turn, they wanted Q3 not dancing to the twist

EU is in bad shape, very bad shape, Now we go death corpse walking Soros to tell how bad the EU is, I just have to laugh at this one.

edit on 21-9-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Markets on downfall with Bernanke dancing to the twist,
I guess people wanted more toilet paper printing, (government wanted that), but isn't that what Bernanke told the government back in June, that they needed to balance their budget.

Then why is the Fed loaning money to the EU? that is what they did last week.

I don't get it. The Fed is after something and something big.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
So let's see who is screwed with Bernanke operation twist :

The stock market.
The banks.
The pension funds.

That's a lot of people.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I expect he'll be OK, though. He must have friends somewhere...

top topics

<< 756  757  758    760  761  762 >>

join