It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 760
<< 757  758  759    761  762  763 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
www.leap2020.eu...

If LEAP/E2020 had to summarize the "Hollywood style" or "Fox News" (11) scenario, we would have the following synopsis: "While the US iceberg is ramming the Titanic, the crew leads the passengers in search of dangerous Greek terrorists who may have planted bombs on board!" In propaganda terms, it’s a known recipe: it’s a diversion to allow, first of all, the rescue of the passengers one wants to save (the informed elite who know very well that there are no Greek terrorists on board) since everyone can’t be saved; and then, hide the problem’s true nature for as long as possible to avoid a revolt on board (including some of the crew who sincerely believe that there really are bombs on board).

Nice and true

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Ex-Goldman Trader Accused of Insider Trading

Speaking of which...anybody seen GBM lately?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Keeping an eye on those ominous, and well defined (as of today) SPX - DJIA Head & Shoulders formations. The necklines could be challenged by Friday or early next week setting up test of the 2010 lows > 1060 S&P - 9600 DOW.

Fed: Moreover, there are significant downside risks to the economic outlook, including strains in global financial markets.

That one little word "significant" appears to have been the deal breaker and Bernanke basically handed the hot-potato back to our fiscal planners in DC.

Good luck with that.

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

Hmm... Interesting. Just curious, but I opened up a short position the other day, playing on the VIX by going long through TVIX. Made a large profit today. Think I should hold it or cash in?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Congratz. Personally I think near-term volatility/uncertainty was cast in concrete by the FOMC today...with a good chance we head down from here for a test of the 2010 lows.

Not to sidestep the question but I'm really not comfortable offering trade tips...not even to family members. Suffice it to say that I believe in protective stops, and options as a hedge against long exposure in certain volatile market climes.

*Beware the Bear Trap.

GL mossme!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

Exactly, that was the same thing that Bernanke told the bozos in Washington when the Q2 was ending, he told government that they needed to balance the budget and do cuts, but how can they when they government is on pre election year they need money to "stimulate" the dying economy that irresponsible spending is killing.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by OBE1

Exactly, that was the same thing that Bernanke told the bozos in Washington when the Q2 was ending, he told government that they needed to balance the budget and do cuts, but how can they when they government is on pre election year they need money to "stimulate" the dying economy that irresponsible spending is killing.

What? They think they gonna be re-elected?

Azistralia and Ozistralia start in red.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Ben keeping Central Bank out of politics?
That's politics!

Smell a rat?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Fed will lengthen maturity of Securities

The Federal Reserve will replace $400 billion of short-term debt in its portfolio with longer- term Treasuries in an effort to reduce borrowing costs further and counter rising risks of a recession.

The central bank will buy securities with maturities of six to 30 years through June while selling an equal amount of debt maturing in three years or less, the Federal Open Market Committee said today in Washington after a two-day meeting. The action “should put downward pressure on longer-term interest rates and help make broader financial conditions more accommodative,” the FOMC said.

Interesting news from the FEDS .. why not just initiate QE3 and direct it towards longer term bonds, unless they mean to raise yields on shorter term bonds as well.. Seems since 2008 all the FED has really done is play a balancing act with inflation. Inflation seems to have slowed to low, resulting in a contraction of the economy.. to stave off deflation before it begins spiraling out of control (again) they will work to raise inflation. No doubt that in the end it will take QE action to get respectable inflation (under QE2 inflation was approx double what it currently is, the short term Treasury yields also more than double current yields).

Lay-mans Terms: Lower CPI coupled with a drop in purchasing, added to falling job growth means a coming contraction during the consumption holiday period of October through December. The Fed will have to increase inflation of the currency to drive actual economic growth due to a failing ability of Americans to consume at necessary levels. If the FED does right, Americans can consume less, spend more and see economic growth -- through inflation alone. Which is more or less what happened last year.....

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The US presidentails is going to be a race to see who gets to try to clean up the
mess. It's realy hard to put an egg back togeather once it's smashed on the floor.
If i were in the republican race i'd throw in the towl right now. people won't like being
out of work for long preiods of time and thats exactly whatz going to happern.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I predict tomorrow morning stocks are going to sink downwards.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wondera

i dont think anyone has any plans to fix the economy.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
At least the Downgrades of various Banks before the FOMC Press Release makes Sense now...Do they want the Banks to fail now? To crash Europe? Or just so they can get another Bailout?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
WOW, nearly all the stocks iv seen on cnbc and bloomberg are down, average seems to be 2-3% and some 5% and seen one as much as 9%

also every single stock in europe is in the red except one!!

be interesting to see what the U.S opening will bring.

are we seeing the start of the big down turn?? hhmmmmm

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
What they are doing to Greeks, are they going to do the same to Brits and Amerajkans?

Is Greece an example?

I see a red door and I want to paint it black...

Yeah, its pretty obvious nobody wants to fix anything, just increase oppression until it ignites. The Diesel method of internal combustion.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Does anybody here follow the 9-month cycle and the 6 archetypal steps in the evolution of consciousness?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXX777
Does anybody here follow the 9-month cycle and the 6 archetypal steps in the evolution of consciousness?

It's more like everyone's going to switch to bi-cycles

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Well the DAX and China are #ting the bed...

DAX down almost 5%... China down almost 6%...

Thank you Bernanke! You just killed the world economy!
Well what was left of it....

And Now, With The Market Collapse Into The Close

Are you prepared yet?

No?

Well I'm sorry, because it's too late now.

I mean really, honestly too late.

The market figured it out and it didn't take very long - in fact, it took less than an hour.

This latest distortion by The Fed has just destroyed the last bit of earnings power the banks had. It's gone. All to preserve the ponzi scheme in the Federal Government - the same Federal Government that just sent a bleat to Bernanke about tampering with the economy.

The very same legislators that will now do nothing about what was just done.

You got that? They will do nothing.

What did Bernanke's act tell us?

He burned the furniture for warmth today. He and the rest of the Fed cabal are done; this was the card that was known to do much more damage than it could ever help anyone - or anything. He burned the furniture to allow the Federal Government Ponzi to continue for one more year while utterly screwing the private lending industry of all sorts from banks on down.

There is no shortage of lendable money. There hasn't been since this entire mess began. The problem was that money was too easy, not too tight, and people ran into the wall on their ability to pay.

You cannot drink yourself sober.

The game is over folks. Europe is now the lynchpin between here and the SPX at 500, and that's a short-term stop between here and an entirely-possible outcome of where it began in 1980.

That's S&P 100, not 500, and Dow 800.

This is gonna be epic.
edit on 22-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

No problem
Just wanted to see what you thought. I'll probably hold until we try to rally back up, then sell. There was a lot of technical damage done today on many of the charts, so the selling could be on full speed ahead in these next couple days.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Yeah, the Asian markets were weak overnight.
edit on 22-9-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 757  758  759    761  762  763 >>

join