It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 590
<< 587  588  589    591  592  593 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Although some people insist that there can be no recovery without job growth, actually it's just the opposite: There can be no job growth without recovery. "Income is the main fuel for consumer spending," D'Antonio said.

Yeah...income...when more people have no jobs = less total income...

And when rising cost of living = less total spendable income...

More taxes = less spendable income.

Seriously, this guy is a nutjob.

Now I'm waiting for the euro-zone to break up... that would be something to see.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Now I'm waiting for the euro-zone to break up... that would be something to see.

Not without a fight

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Again!
Yes we can...

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=8108719#pid8108719

Obama Signs Bill Increasing Public Debt Limit 1.9 Trillion Dollars

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

You like gann grid? I have that on my charting software, how exactly do you read that?

On another note, I have made more discretionary mistakes. I am reverting back to my 99-2000 year mistakes that wiped me out the last time. I have come to realize I have no business discretionary daytrading. It's not for me, I do not have the psychology to handle that apparently. Again, same thing, overlevered and playing large units. Basically took myself out of the game once more by basically being an idiot.

So, after a lot of thought, I am going to go get another job, then write some automated trading systems for FOREX based on candle formations. I am not going to throw any more money into the coffers of Goldman and JP. They have had plenty of money from my pockets for the past 6 years. Now I remember why I started writing these programs in the first place, I have the mental game of a 5 year old trying to game the system, I always get played like a flute.

I will be back GBP/JPY, hopefully by the time I'm back it will have hit our targets. Hopefully the trade works out for you in the end. In the meantime I will be writing some new code and hopefully we will share success once more.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
hey. w.d. gann was the person.so not gann grid or fan...just his idea about timing. that's the hard on...but he addressed it and said feb 4 was big....japans fiscal year ends just after that, i think that;s it....jocjying for position by japan....they are big.huh!

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

oh i see

I think there are some really good deals in the marketplace, I wish I had the mental game to stay out of the rest during the day, but I really do not unfortunately.

I am thinking the best deals are

short

aud . nzd eur (against all dollar)

It is hard though because I really think the US Equity markets will finish around 11-12000 at the end of the year, so that makes going long all USD a hard choice, but I will be on the sidelines for a while. Good Luck rest of way for now.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Did you pack your BOB?

Collapse of the euro is 'inevitable': Bailing out the Greek economy futile, says FRENCH banking chief
www.dailymail.co.uk...

The European single currency is facing an 'inevitable break-up' a leading French bank claimed yesterday.

Strategists at Paris-based Société Générale said that any bailout of the stricken Greek economy would only provide 'sticking plasters' to cover the deep- seated flaws in the eurozone bloc.

The stark warning came as the euro slipped further on the currency markets and dire growth figures raised the prospect of a 'double-dip' recession in the embattled zone.

Commitment Of Traders Report: Record Euro Shorts
www.zerohedge.com...

The Muni Time Bomb Is Set As Harrisburg Contemplates A March 1 Chapter 9 Filing
www.zerohedge.com...

[edit on 2/14/2010 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The Dow Futures are once again selling off from above the DJIA closing price.
The last time I notice such a thing, the markets dropped.

DJIA closed Friday February 12, 2010 at 10,099.
Markets were closed Monday.
Dow Futures on Monday night are trading down 22 points at 10,095 (down 4 from the DJIA close Friday).

I expect to see a huge down day Tuesday.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
reply to post by GBP/JPY

I always get played like a flute.

Don't be too hard on yourself there. There aren't big boys playing around with billions of dollars just so the little guys can make a buck. Just when you think you have it figured out, your head will play games with yourself and you will end up on the short end of the stick.

That is just how the game is played.

It is like playing the tables in Vegas. Stick around the $5 tables and you will eventually feel like you have a knack for the game. Watch your a-- when you move to the big tables though, because you will get owned before you know it.

The big boys have a club. If you ain't in it, you ain't gonna get a 'leg up' on the field. The money the big boys net doesn't come out of thin air ya know. (well, the money in their books at least, lol)

Just like Vegas, the house would be out of business if people could figure out the game.

Keep chasing your dream though, work on those algos and get your code tuned to give yourself the results you need. Just don't make too big of a splash one you get it figured out because the 'eye in the sky' will get ya if they think you can count the cards...

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nydsdan

Yeah, I pretty much feel the same way.

And one day maybe I will have the skin to make the cameras notice, for now working on a new bankroll and automating everything should be enough of a task.

See you at the tables.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
actually, all accounts were doubled in 15 hours last week, plating the operators, they do it every week. did you know they get triple interest on wednesdays?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

That may be the least of your worries. Are you sitting comfortably? -

Prepare for the end of America

Taken from the source article:

Mainstream financial news source MarketWatch is telling Americans to prepare for the worst, the end of America. In their article, "How to invest for a global-debt-bomb explosion," not only do they talk about the coming total economic collapse but they admit that there is a cabal of elite who are orchestrating it. Author of the article, Paul Farrell, extends the view as if it is widely accepted, that there is a "Happy Conspiracy" of global elitists who are operating behind the scenes to create a coming major economic disaster. The article encourages people to prepare by stockpiling necessities because a 2nd American Revolution is imminent.

A mainstream news source owned by Rupert Murdock is parading the view that the U.S. will soon enter into a 2nd Revolution. What in the world is going on here? Be very aware people.

I assume at least everyone here has a basement full of provisions. (Except GBM, who's still looking for DJIA 12,000. :bnghd: )

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

This is the best summary of the coming EU crisis involving the PIIGS and Club Med:

This Report Republished with Permission of Stratfor

Essentially, economic collapse of one or all of the Club Med countries is probable in the intermediate future. Germany is the only country capable of changing the outcome. Germany's best interest is to let Greece fail, however, the survival of the EU is at stake so if Germany decides to do some sort of Greek bailout it will have many specific strings attached. Ie. many requirements that Greece cuts expenses and lives within its means. Greece had a 9% budget debt fall, one of the EU's highest and Greek unions are adamant that they will accept no cuts! Business as usual!

Something will have to give and Germany is the big kid on the block to bend some heads and provide the Euros to do it!

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
The US, Europe & now the UK (- all within 3 posts):

UK inflation jumps to 3.5%

The UK inflation rate rose to 3.5% in January - the fastest annual pace for 14 months - from 2.9% the month before, official figures have shown...

...Retail Price Index (RPI) inflation which includes housing costs, rose up to 3.7% in January, up from 2.4%.

The Bank of England itself had already warned that inflation could rise to 3.5% this year - though predicts it will fall back below the 2% target. Mr King must write a letter to Chancellor Alistair Darling if inflation is more than one percentage point above or below the 2% target...

...UK interest rates have been at the low level of 0.5% for 11 consecutive months, as the Bank seeks to aid the economic recovery.

This is where it gets interesting:

...earlier this month the Bank decided against further quantitative easing (QE), the policy designed to stimulate growth in the UK economy. Under QE, the Bank has pumped £200bn of new money into the economy by buying assets such as government bonds, as a way to boost lending by commercial banks. A number of analysts said concerns about the current high rate of inflation was likely a factor in the Bank choosing not to extend QE.

Former monetary policy committee member Professor David Blanchflower told the BBC that a spell of higher inflation would benefit the UK economy, suggesting that 4% would be a "pretty good starting point".

"You would actually end up inflating some of the debt away, but also if we get into a position where house prices were to fall further we are going to have a large number of people in negative equity, and if you have a few years of inflation that actually will deal with that problem."

Can you imagine what increasing inflation will do to prospects for recovery - both for industry and the man in the street? (The MSM pundits are saying this is a temporary increase, but when have they ever admitted it could go on increasing.)

In any case surely you can only "inflate debt away" if debts are fixed-rate and income increases in line with inflation? The fact is both those in state and private employment are more likely to face wage freezes.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

I assume at least everyone here has a basement full of provisions. (Except GBM, who's still looking for DJIA 12,000. :bnghd: )

I can see DJIA 10,350, maybe even 10,500 before long... up 117 and change as I type this.
Why? Well, don't options expire this Friday? I guessing a lot of people starting thinking pessimistic thoughts in January (why not?) and entered into a lot of puts. Well, the fat cats aren't gonna let a bunch of pessimists take away all of their profit$, are they?

I see green all week. Next week could be a doozy though.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I assume at least everyone here has a basement full of provisions. (Except GBM, who's still looking for DJIA 12,000. )
reply to post by pause4thought

The kicker is that we may very well see dow 20,000, but what good will it do when the entire dow is equal in price to 1 can of Spaghettio's?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
FDIC to open office in Schaumburg

The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. is opening a satellite office in Schaumburg that will accommodate up to 500 temporary staffers and contractors.

The banking regulator recently began running recruiting advertisements for the new office, saying it's looking for people with skills and experience in such areas as loan management, contract oversight and asset marketing. Its Web site lists more than 330 job openings in Schaumburg.

The FDIC, which has a downtown office, said the new location will open in March. It will manage receiverships and liquidate assets from failed Midwest banks.

Expecting something ?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Greece: Bomb explodes at JP Morgan branch in Athens; no injuries - AP

Let the revolution begin!

Second half of 2010: Sudden intensification of the global systemic crisis – Strengthening of five fundamental negative trends
Interesting read as always...

[edit on 16-2-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
FDIC to open office in Schaumburg

The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. is opening a satellite office in Schaumburg that will accommodate up to 500 temporary staffers and contractors.

The banking regulator recently began running recruiting advertisements for the new office, saying it's looking for people with skills and experience in such areas as loan management, contract oversight and asset marketing. Its Web site lists more than 330 job openings in Schaumburg.

The FDIC, which has a downtown office, said the new location will open in March. It will manage receiverships and liquidate assets from failed Midwest banks.

Expecting something ?

Funny you mention it... FDIC just opened a new office in my building in NYC last month. One morning the display in the elevator read "Welcome our new tenants! FDIC" to which I groaned.

It is happening soon, folks.

This is not getting better. (But the DJIA will surge this week)

top topics

<< 587  588  589    591  592  593 >>

join