It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 101
<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

You are kidding me right, the SEC needs bail out money? well this the tip of the iceberg.

Incredible.

BTW in related news just to let you people know madoff decided that rather will keep his mouth shut than singing like a bird.

It seems that the conspiracy is that he rather stays in jail than see his family commit suicide in the near future or finding themselves in a very nasty ultimate death.

I can only imagine the type of people that he is protecting.

The markets crocks will be breathing easy now and the markets should to nicely today with this news.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

That's my exact investment plan.

Oh, dear lord...I have a job interview Friday afternoon. Wish me luck...

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Wow! 2000 posts! I don't think I've seen a thread this long. This is the most informative thread I think I've ever visited. Thanks econ gurus and question askers!

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Treasury seeks $100 billion to aid ailing nations
www.msnbc.msn.com...
Geithner pledges fresh help for IMF, will ask Europe to boost stimulus

WASHINGTON - Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner yesterday unveiled a sweeping plan that calls on the United States and other nations to offer billions more to bail out economies in crisis and prods a reluctant Europe to prop up the reeling world economy with more aggressive government spending.

But the campaign is triggering controversy on both sides of the Atlantic. In Europe, some officials doubt the wisdom of falling deeply into debt to create jobs and halt the plunge in consumer demand, as the United States is doing. On Capitol Hill, members of Congress have grown wary of approving still more money.

Geithner said the administration will ask Congress to make $100 billion more available — nearly doubling the current U.S. commitment — to the International Monetary Fund to aid struggling nations. U.S. lawmakers said yesterday that they are already bracing for the administration to request hundreds of billions of dollars in more rescue funds for U.S. financial firms, and possibly a second massive economic stimulus package as well.
Can you say..."Re-distribution of world wealth?"

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

Best of Luck,including all that St. Pat's has to spare!

emsnews.wordpress.com...

Also read down to first "comment"...interesting at the least!

Let's get ready to tumble:

www.businessweek.com...

GE loses it's AAA rating.

Fed is bankrupt?:
www.globalresearch.ca...

[edit on 12-3-2009 by irishchic]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Avarus

Off Topic:
Whats going on at yellowstone?
This thread is an ATS Big-Thread with 447 pages & 8934 replies
www.abovetopsecret.com...
---
On Topic:
---
Gold $923.82
---
Dow Jones Industrial Average 7,035.77 10:50am ET 105.37 (1.52%)
S&P 500 INDEX,RTH 733.72 10:50am ET 12.36 (1.71%)

Amazing what 654K job losses & Ge gettin' downgraded will do fer ya...

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic
GE loses it's AAA rating.

Done and spun in one!

Bloomberg News: U.S. Stocks Gain as GE Says Rating Cut Won't Hurt Business, Pfizer Rallies

GE $9.18 +8.13%

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

I am going to post what I posted in another thread of related issue, this my answer to that.

You have to understand that the Treasury Department Secretary is the Puppet of the Federal Reserve banking cartel they cater to the global elite banking system.

Is not reason why he will be asking for the bail out of emerging economies because as we know the global elite wealth depend on them as they are the last investment projects they has taken.

Now that this emerging economies are losing money due to the global Crisis so the money generated is drying out.

This should not be a surprise at all.

The only problem is that the European nations already said that they will not invest anymore money into any more stimulus at all.

So is American the generous thanks to the generosity of the corrupted federal Reserve to come out with another stimulus just to satisfy the global elites that they serve?

How much more we the people will take until we brake the power of that mobster call Federal Reserve?

This just my personal opinion.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

You are kidding me right, the SEC needs bail out money? well this the tip of the iceberg.

Incredible.

BTW in related news just to let you people know madoff decided that rather will keep his mouth shut than singing like a bird.

It seems that the conspiracy is that he rather stays in jail than see his family commit suicide in the near future or finding themselves in a very nasty ultimate death.

I can only imagine the type of people that he is protecting.

The markets crocks will be breathing easy now and the markets should to nicely today with this news.

My thoughts exactly. For the past several weeks the MSM kept saying that Madoff was expected to take a plea... LOL!

Right. Like he would rat out anybody above him? Oh, maybe this d-bag was the mastermind. lol. This is all too funny.

He is gonna sit in jail for life to protect his family. I am sure his wifey will get her $60million and penthouse since her hubby is being so kind to the puppetmasters. Well played, sir!

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Regrettably it seems even the might of the USA has dwindled, in the the fact , potentially, as in the 30's Americans can not rely on gold, its a shame, a dam shame.....

enjoy the rally as the truth will be in our face come September..... tin food I tells ya...tins....

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

That last link on the Fed being broke...very nice...complicated...

Between the CDO/CDS & Repo market we're scrooged...

...this is why everyones complaining of cash shortages and can't get financing...there just isn't enough reserve currency (USD) in circulation to reposses and redistribute, fast enough to finance everything pledged...
(I think...
)...complicted...
---
Gold $927.12

Geez...I can't believe CNBC is cuttin' off the Tiny Tim stuff for Madeoff!!!!

I want to hear his double talk on how he's gonna scrooge us!!!

[edit on 3/12/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
12:12

Dow 7,041.19 +110.79 (1.60%)
S&P 500 733.88 +12.52 (1.74%)
Nasdaq 1,391.94 +20.30 (1.48%)

We're getting some breathing room, even if it isn't going to last.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

Hey...here's yet another job-opening that probably soon will be available:

www.foxnews.com...

Can Obama choose anyone who's on the up n' up?

Darlin' I'm still not coming up for air yet.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Unless he qualifies for a medical exemption, Madoff will have to take a job in prison that will pay anywhere from 12 cents to 40 cents an hour, Levine said. Offering inmates help with legal or financial needs might give Madoff a certain “diplomatic immunity,” said Levine, who said he acted as a jailhouse lawyer for other convicts while behind bars.

The story started out talking about how he's going to be a target, then it ends with that gem. Even in prison he can use his power and money to get hook ups. [tinfoil] I suspect that he might have some connections who will give him some protection in exchange for not being a snitch, as well. [/tinfoil]

At least they're going to make him actually do real work, for a change.

2:25

Dow 7,114.14 +183.74 (2.65%)
S&P 500 743.10 +21.74 (3.01%)
Nasdaq 1,409.36 +37.72 (2.75%)

[edit on 12-3-2009 by theWCH]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Ok so my brain has become saturated to the point that I can no longer intelligently ponder questions regarding the economy, the Fed or Barney Frank.

I am working to simplify my world view. And so, I am left today with only two (very off topic) questions:

Is Marg's avatar a picture of her?

and

Are there more pictures of IrishChic on the pole?

You see, these are the issues that REALLY matter to me now.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by Night Watchman]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Err....This is interesting:

In Los Angeles County, cities are buying federal stimulus funds from each other at deep discounts, turning what was supposed to be a targeted infusion of cash into a huge auction.

It goes on to say:

La Habra Heights, a city of 6,000, has sold its $500,000 in federal funds to the city of Westlake Village for $310,000 cash. Irwindale, population 1,500, also sold its $500,000 to Westlake Village, for $325,000 cash.

The city of Rolling Hills, population 1,900, sold its $500,000 share to the city of Rancho Palos Verdes for $305,000 cash. The city of Avalon has reached an agreement to swap its $500,000 with L.A. County.

The Metropolitan Transportation Authority has cancelled these swaps, but if you can buy $500k for only $305k, what does that say about the multiplier on this infrastructure spending?

Also, would these swaps be good or bad for the economy?

[edit on 12-3-2009 by theWCH]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

Sorry to tell you that the picture in my avatar would have been me about 20 years ago when I was station in Hawaii and life was good and full of fun.

Now I leave the honors of pictures like that to my 25 year old daughter.

So yes it was a time in my life that I used to look that good.

I hope that helps your curiosity.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

Where the funds are coming from? I thought that they state of California was bankrupted.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
A fresh thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

‘Difficult’ Americans hamper G20 efforts to secure a global deal

A rift between Europe and America over the crux of the G20 summit was last night threatening Gordon Brown’s hopes for a deal to rescue the world economy.

new topics

top topics

<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join