It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 102
<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Gordon Brown isn't looking for a new world deal!!!! He is looking to make the American tax payers give the queen more money to prop up THEIR central banks AGAIN and keep the queen in charge of all her 51 countries. That like everyone else are teetering on the brink.
He is all in a huff because when the POTUS signed his big bill it didn't have billions more for him and his cronies. Anyone notice that Brown was on the first flight over after they had gotten wind of the passing?.... and that the prez had actually put alot of money aside (2010-2011) for THIS country? Obama wasn't tired he didn't want to listen to Browns' dribble.
Politics got to love them now don't we.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Thanks for the information and I got more on the reason why.

The European nations while having the same problems with their economies like the US due to the global economic crisis, they just do not follow the model of the US in dealing with the problem.

The U.S. approach has been to spend first, spend second, and worry about questions and regulations only after the crisis has been addressed. France, Germany and many other European nations are taking on their financial challenge in a very different way. Each European nation has put together a funding program for their institutions that have been battered by stock losses and accounting writedowns, but the amount of money being handed out is not comparable to the U.S.

That is one of the reasons that while our deficit will keep increasing to numbers never head about in years to come, the European nations will be in a better position to come out of the crisis in better shape than the US.

I think is corrupted and dirty what the federal reserve is doing and then with the help of their poster boy the Secretary of the treasury trying to make the European nations get into more debt like us.

I guess if the US can not influence them then what reason the US have to be in the summit.

As a petulant child Americas government and representatives are having a temper tantrum.

The United States has authorized well over $1 trillion in bailout and stimulus spending in less than one year, and there is always a looming possibility of more on the horizon. In Europe the choice has been to put together a modest stimulus – 10 to 20 times smaller than U.S. versions – and then put off other spending measures until all the facts are in.

The Obama administration has already signaled that it wants the focus of April’s economic summit to be on tax and stimulus programs to jumpstart slowing economies. His European counterparts on the other hand, are not as willing as Obama is to start spending on deficits and accumulating debt obligations. France, Germany, Italy, even the UK – which often follows the U.S.' lead – are wary of straining their balance sheets much further with so much market uncertainty.

Our markets are loving the way that this nations downfall of the incompetence of the financial and big corporations has fallen on the tax payer.

They are learning very fast that in our nation as long as we have an entity like the Federal Reserve they can do as they want, profits as much as they do during the good times and then leave the nation and the tax payer to pay the burden when they fail.

I see nothing but more trouble to our nation well being, thanks to corruption.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

Many more pics...I teach the "art" for fun these days and I also have a daughter at least as old as marg's,LOL!

Will consider posting more pics for you when the Dow goes back up to let's say 12,000 and stays there for a while?

We all have to take our chances in this financial climate,right?

Okay...so what are the predictions for the "out of the gate" things we'll be hearing from the much-mentioned everywhere I'm reading G20?

[edit on 12-3-2009 by irishchic]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
So what has changed to cause the markets to swing so drastic to the positive?

Did I miss some huge salvation coming? I mean obviously something is.

So who thinks this wont last but maybe a few months and then the really big fall will occur?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Hrmm, could this be the rally? That is three days in plus so far.

Think it could have something to do with Madoff?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
FTSE at close:

DJIA at close:

Source

That makes for a big gain on the Dow this week so far. Will it hold till last thing Friday is the question.

[edit on 12/3/09 by pause4thought]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The big plus in the Markets can be do to many reasons.

But I will concentrate on the conspiracy angle, one is Maldoff, as we know this man was very much into the markets, he was surrounded with very big names.

Also with mobsters, if this man decided to talk more than one big name would have gone down the hill and that would have included some of the financial giants we know.

Now that he is no talking the markets are breathing relief.

Still another conspiracy is that The Fed has made sure that the markets are aware that they are under his protection at least the financial system.

Now we the tax payer will be giving away loans so groups can buy into the toxic paper all backed up by the Fed and the tax payer.

So the in our nation, big financial can commit crime, extortion, squander fortunes, make profits during good times and then when everything goes down the hill they will always have the tax payer been squeezed by the fed to pay for their loses.

What a future for the American worker and tax payer.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

You look great, I do spend a lot of time on the gym trying to hold to what I used to be in younger days.

BTW I love your hair color I also wear mine a redish brown rich hue thanks to natural henna.

I know I know is no part of the OP, but hey is girly talk.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I gave you a star marge cause you hit the nail on the head. They make huge sums whether going up or down so they can screw us coming or going.

Yes indeed...what a future we have in store.

Better start getting ready for the lean years today until it all comes a crashin down.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
FTSE at close:

That makes for a big gain on the Dow this week so far. Will it hold till last thing Friday is the question.

This gets settled

Top US lawmakers said Thursday that Congress would take action if accounting regulators and rulemakers failed to quickly improve the mark-to-market accounting standard that has forced banks to record billions of dollars in asset writedowns.

and the banks will record only the good news. That will stabilize the banks in the eyes of the traders and in less than one month, the Dow will snake around the 8k beam.

Amen.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

That's got to be the most sarcastic Amen in history.

How did you keep your face straight?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

You rock girl! I tell my 5 sisters and daughter that your "looks might get your ass in the door but your BRAIN will keep you there!"

Oh...My...God...more f-ing AIG thug-stunts:

emsnews.wordpress.com...

Read this if you can.They're threatening to "kill" Boeing a la Tony Soprano.

You could NOT make this chit up!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Something BIG is obviously on the horizon with this massive buy up across the world. Either the elite got the control in place that they have sought all of this time or we are going into world war 3 REALLY soon.
Nothing has changed as far as the economy is concerned in any magnificent way that would allow for such a fast turn around and one this large at that. I advise we all keep a very close eye on areas of the world where there has been in the past rumors of wars, attacks etc. The only plausible explanation for this kind of a turn around is that history is about to repeat its' self and those in the know are ready to bank on the turn around in productions for war.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Tell me about, is look what it opens the door to everything and anything but a good brain is a plus.

I tell my daughter that all the time, you will not catch me out side whiteout my makeup and my hair done and shiny, even when I am just going to the gym.

Still we are not hearing about AIG much lately I wonder why, is not that they are also "profiting" like Citi.

It makes sick to the stomach just to see how we have to bail out this corrupted companies and all the mess they made globally and still you don hear anything about accountability.

Did anybody noticed that Obama was 4 times today in the news?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

That last link on the Fed being broke...very nice...complicated...

Between the CDO/CDS & Repo market we're scrooged...

...this is why everyones complaining of cash shortages and can't get financing...there just isn't enough reserve currency (USD) in circulation to reposses and redistribute, fast enough to finance everything pledged...
(I think...
)...complicted...
---
Gold $927.12

Geez...I can't believe CNBC is cuttin' off the Tiny Tim stuff for Madeoff!!!!

I want to hear his double talk on how he's gonna scrooge us!!!

[edit on 3/12/2009 by Hx3_1963]

The fed can't go broke, they print the money.

There is not enough currency in circulation, that is true. By reigning in the leverage of the banks, there is a large amount of currency that can be printed before being infaltionary.

The markets are up because it is obvious the banks won't fail no matter what. This means the long promised derivative collpase has been put to bed. With that put to bed people can look forward to the future once again. The future isn't collapse and chaos any longer. The folks that brought you all over to the dark side are losing their grip and will be defeated. In a year people will be in amazement, wondering what happened when the world was suppose to go broke.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Exactly, my husband was talking about the markets and trying to figure out what was different.

The truth nothing!!!!! is different we still have low productivity, unemployment highs, foreclosures and bad GDP, imports are stagnant but the Markets are having a rally!!!!!!!!

I guess all that Tax payer money is working for those that benefited from it.

Its smell like a rat and it have to be a rat.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

Is a problem my dear, America tax payer is dying out, taxing the higher income Americans will drain them also.

Unemployment is still a problem and giving away more credit and debt is just creating the same bubble that go us here and this time is going to take a lot less for it brake apart again.

America has not change, we still face the same problems and getting worst.

Outrageous spending and trillion of dollar in debt is not by any means a thing to rejoice when the ones that are going to pay for that is the tax payer.

America is still bankrupted and still depend on foreign lenders to finance the good fortune going on for the banks, the government budget and about everything that goes on in this nation that has to do with money.

For how long you think that the nation tax payer and our lenders will keep supplying the promise of the governments debt.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

S&P forward earnings yield = ~ 8%
10 Year Treasury = 2.88%

Fed Theory says they should be at equilibrium.

That makes the markets incredibly cheap, especially as the banks estimates start coming up.

You have to look away from the doom and gloom in order to see clearly. The markets have already fallen 50%+ for what will be a 10% drop off in the economy. Way, way overdone and now there is light at the end of the tunnell. I believe the markets will be back at their highs within 18 months.
It's going to be very painful for the doom and gloom victims who fell for the crap the financial terrorists were spewing.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by disgustedbyhumanity] Spelling

[edit on 12-3-2009 by disgustedbyhumanity]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

How can I my friend when I see my husband years of hard work in jeopardy, how can I when his job right now like many of hundred of thousands of jobs in his income bracket can be lost by the end of year if Obama trims the defense budget in favor of his stimulus package that he still have not idea how he is going to get the money to finance it.

Sorry but is very hard to see any light at the end of the tunnel when you have to wonder if your job is on the line.

My neck of the woods here in GA has for the month of January and February a hike of 112% in unemployment as already three major industries has gone for ever the last one before Christmas.

The last biggest industry Proctor & Gamble the biggest in the city already started to let people go, all those that were looking for them for employment are out of luck.

I hope that you at least enjoy a good long term job and enjoy the good fortune in the markets is nice to hear when people still have good fortune and I honestly wish you the very best, my friend.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Hi. Starred your first post - for being so cogently argued.

I disagree with your conclusions, nevertheless. You can't mismanage a nations wealth to such a degree it's running off credit lines (& other credit lines to finance the initial ones) beyond its ability to ever repay & expect to be able to keep the whole thing afloat just by printing money. The wealth creators are breaking or broke.

Bankruptcy, default and/or hyperinflation are all but certain.

The cat is out of the bag. (And stuck down a drain. With a manhole covering his tracks...)

new topics

top topics

<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join