It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA´s Virtual Tour Of The FAR SIDE Of The Moon (yeehar)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Ahh, been awhile since someone posted a "moon" thread.

My favvo issue.
Structures on the moon is one of the most intruiging and interesting subject I know atm, apart from the visitation of extraterrestrials ofc.

I like this. Starred and Flagged.

Gonna download the "thing" and take my own tour.

Thanks Moon.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by themate14

Thanks for the excellent explanation. There is a side we cannot see from Earth, the Far side.

MoonMine

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Hi OP...

This has got to be the best thread i have seen and read on this forum for a good while.. if i was computer literate enough i would try this out but i have not a clue lol .. still ,all the pic's look good and the images sure get the mind working!

Well done my friend , a nice refreshing change at last !!

Starred anf flagged!!!

Git

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Now hear this

Alien Spaceship is possibly a hoax.
The Youtube footage of the Moltke structure is most likely fake. Even though I find it highly coincedental that it involved Moltke "the blue base" near the Apollo-11 landing site... There is supposed to be a 30-mile high "Castle" near Hyginus. Well I cannot find it. (yet)

But....

Bless those amateurs.

Here is an amateur who shot footage of the Moon from the Earth (obviously) and he manages to find a huge four sided tower....

Now there is something NASA cannot fiddle with. I have a Meade as well, but nowhere near that type of lense unfortunatly...

MoonMine

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Ok, I downloaded the program...

Fired it up and went to the moon.
Took 5 seconds and i found this.

Had no idea the moon had storms. Haha.

Bug for the win.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Akezzon

Yea great find lol storms on the moon !!!

ha ha

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Akezzon

Perhaps a giant mirror?

I dunno maybe a glitch, sure looks like a hurricane though.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Hehe, nah it is a bug in the program. Some weather icons that should be on Earth appeared on the moon for some reason. I just thought it was a funny image. Hurrican on the moon... =)

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
A glitch? Surely not......

That would mean all those other "anomalies" could be glitches too

That would never do

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Good thread Moon mine!

I've been having fun exploring the moon this afternoon.

Just as a side note to all:
If you have 3D glasses, enable the 3D view and put on your glasses for even a better experience! You can really see the terrain better and see the hills and such.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
you found stuff i sure didn't see on there. i had downloaded it 2 years ago and thought it was boring and unrevealing! i guess not! (was spoiled from the pretty clementine color images )

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Ok got it downloaded , is there anyway of focusing when zoomed in or IS THAT IT ??..

What a great find tho , guess i better get the beers in and play ! with the program that is..

Git

[edit on 17-10-2008 by completenuttergit]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Akezzon

that's a very interesting bug! check the edges, where the craters on the moon almost line up with the circular cloud formations in the image. lol okay, now THAT'S freaky

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I have to point out that none of the images shown so far have actually been on the "far side" of the moon.

Oh, here is Moltke crater as seen in visible light (not ultraviolet which highlights certain minerals and "glows") and maximum resolution.

Mod Note: Forum Image Linking Policy – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 17/10/08 by Jbird]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by completenuttergit
Ok got it downloaded , is there anyway of focusing when zoomed in or IS THAT IT ??..

What a great find tho , guess i better get the beers in and play ! with the program that is..

Git

[edit on 17-10-2008 by completenuttergit]

Hi Git

After some 20 hours I found that at times the loading hangs and I just reset the cache. You need some serious bandwidth if you plan to move around quickly.

If you descend by using the left mouse button you see green outlines appear, these are the actual pages which will be downloaded. A red page shows the page which is currently downloaded. The page then disappears, and the data is up-to-date.

If you plan to see elevation and spin around you need to be patient for every page to load. From my experience, an altitude of around 40km is around the best you can do, even though you can zoom in straight to ground level.

Thanks for all the replies and compliments, much appreciated.

Please post your own pictures and findings when you can... This program is like a drug and I´m seriously hooked. I may email NASA if they have an addict support program...

MoonMine

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Here you go:

Giordana Bruno "power plant" on the far side of the moon.

MoonMine

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoonMine

Now there is something NASA cannot fiddle with. I have a Meade as well, but nowhere near that type of lense unfortunatly...

MoonMine

This again? Yeah, I have a telescope nearly identical to his. What he's seeing is the lit rim of a crater above the shadowed surface of the moon. Honestly, the quality isn't that great, he's not even stacking his video frames to produce a clearer picture. Here's an image of the moon I took with a phase similar to the one seen here. Again you can see a small lit rim beyond the dark terminator of the moon at the top, but it's natural; the moon isn't flat, it's rugged.
farm3.static.flickr.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MoonMine

Well it is on the far side....just barely.

Here's what it looks like in visible light, no UV enhancement. Just another big hole.

(image tags)

[edit on 17/10/08 by Jbird]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I'm missing the hole part. One thing I'm noticing is the symmetrical shapes in the interior, like the triangle. Reminds me of the schematics the OP showed in his zoom in his opening photos, for an interesting interior of the said object.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Wait....

Im confused....

(not too hard)

I thought the skeptics said that there wasn't a far side of the moon, and the moon rotates showing all sides at different times.

Is this false?

If not, why would NASA claim there is one?

My brain hurts...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join