It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA´s Virtual Tour Of The FAR SIDE Of The Moon (yeehar)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

There is no dark side of the moon. All parts of the moon see sunlight at some point in time.

There is a side of the moon which is never visible from earth because the moon is tidally locked, meaning that it completes one rotation each revolution around the earth. This is what is called the far side.

Please get some basic knowledge before jumping to conclusions.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter
Here's an image of the moon I took with a phase similar to the one seen here. Again you can see a small lit rim beyond the dark terminator of the moon at the top, but it's natural; the moon isn't flat, it's rugged.
farm3.static.flickr.com...

Great picture.

I see something different in the footage though, which for an amateur looks pretty good to me.

MoonMine

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
A few more...

The Tsiolkovsky "Farm"

South East of Denning "The Clock"

Jules Verne "HQ"

Birkeland Crater. We cannot see the whole crater. What´s that sticking out?

The Bellinsgauzen "domes"

I need more memory. System doesn´t stop swapping.

MoonMine

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Those aren't domes at all, they're depressions.

Look at the light source on the mountains in the background. The light source is behind the camera and ALSO on the back sides of the "domes". If those were actual domes, you wouldn't see any shadows on the front of them unless they were obscured(sp?) by something in front of them.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
To me, the coolest thing I've seen from this program so far are the apparent river beds we see all over the place.

But they probably aren't river beds at all, they're probably fracture lines.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Bellinsgauzen

Birkeland

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MoonMine

why is it so hard to put an image up on here! i have found something and i just cant put the image up ! im always having this problem ! should i see a doctor? or , should the uploading of images be a lil more user friendly!!!
PLEASE !!!!!

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I don't really post much on here, more of a lurker. But I had to say that this is a great thread by the OP. I am looking forward to seeing what people come up with as far as anomalies on the far side of the moon with this software. Star and flag for you.

~Captain

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by captinofcats

Me too. Can't wait. Just like the giant spaceship anomalies found on Google Earth the past week.

Mod Note: Staying on Topic – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 17/10/08 by Jbird]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Thank you MoonMine for the great tour. My computer at home is not hooked to the internet. I am at at an internet cafe (Fuel SRQ) and I really enjoyed being able to view your great finds.
After many years of university study I find that the truth is not politally correct in almost every field.
Thanks for sharing your passion and building the community.
Did I mention WOW and Awesome!?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This is so cool, I just want to thank you for the pics.............

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Thanks everyone much appreciated.

Listen I have just found what I was hoping to find. If the moon were hollow this would be one of the entrances. Its near the equator.

Sorry to leave you hanging but I must get some sleep now. 03:00am and tomorrow work which I should have done today.

16 hours.. phew

MoonMine

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I'm wondering if anyone has independantly verified the precise "anomalies" that the OP has brought to our attention...

Not the bogus "dome" photos, but the supposed underground city photos. This thread reeks of fanciful hope.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

When laying "flat" images over the relief map of the moon there will be all kinds of weirdness. Just look in a mountainous area on Google Earth, you'll see roads hanging on the side of a cliff, buildings stretched into odd shapes.

In addition, using the false color mode for the images includes ultraviolet wavelengths which show differences in mineral distribution as "anomalies". Add the attempts to overzoom the image and there is no doubt that there will be an abundance of "finds".

I've posted the highest available resolution images of a few of the things so far to show that the images from WW are out of whack. I'll continue to do so.

Here is Moltke crater (the "eerie" one) as imaged from the Lunar Orbiter

(image tags)

[edit on 17/10/08 by Jbird]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MoonMine

Great picture.

I see something different in the footage though, which for an amateur looks pretty good to me.

MoonMine

Ack, my apologies, I wasn't paying close attention: his video is flipped vertically from what my images usually look like. Here's a closeup of what you're seeing. It is indeed the wall of a crater, but it's near clavius - I was pointing out the wrong pole. I drew a box around the crater whose rim looks like a triangle in the video. I took this picture at much higher magnification than what he was using here, and you can easily make it out as a regular crater. Notice too the distinctive "semi-circle" of craters within the larger crater to the south of the box. That's clavius, and it shows up prominently in the video as well, just south of the "anomaly." You can use that to get your bearings to compare features between his video and my image.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by ngchunter]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Thanks Moonman for a neat toy.
Here is the URL for all the add-ons.

www.worldwindcentral.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Hi guys sorry for the delay.

Start here

Russell-Stuve-Eddington

Get your bearings. It is exacty in the middle between the two "craters"

Hello beautiful

Interesting area.

Greetings ancient one.

Let´s have some fun

"The left lane is for outgoing traffic only"

Almost ground level

"ILS-24R Approach"

There is more to discover in Russell to the north, if you like I can point those out later?

I find this interesting. To just quickly respond to some innuendos:

No I have not touched up any of these pictures. I use the Clementine 40x colour data. Please check all spots for yourselves...

When I put something in quotes please read "looks like to me" not IS a....

All in the eye of the beholder.

MoonMine

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by completenuttergit
reply to post by MoonMine

why is it so hard to put an image up on here! i have found something and i just cant put the image up ! im always having this problem ! should i see a doctor? or , should the uploading of images be a lil more user friendly!!!
PLEASE !!!!!

Hi completenuttergit

If you upload to photobucket.com (get a free account) you can copy and paste a direct link to that picture in your post. The address of the picture starts with (IMG) with square brackets.

Please do not give up. U2U me if you cannot figure it out, I would really like to see your pictures.

MoonMine

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by completenuttergit

I don't know if others do it different, but I use photobucket. Then after I've uploaded, I copy the last address category for the picture, the IMG code. I right click on the bar, then select all, then copy and paste it on the forum. Hope this helps.

As for the regular nasa pics. I don't believe half of those anyway. I don't feel they give us the straight goods.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join