It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA´s Virtual Tour Of The FAR SIDE Of The Moon (yeehar)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by ngchunter

that pic has some very interesting anomalies in it.

Like what? Craters and hills? Or is this about the lack of stars over the horizon?

gotta love graphics software!

This was taken by a well-known UK amateur astronomer with a 14" Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrain @ F/41 and LU075M camera. If you're trying to imply that this image was faked or that NASA censored it with graphics software, you're wrong.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobertPaulsim
Have you checked 'Celestia' yet?

[]´s

[edit on 22-10-2008 by RobertPaulsim]

Yeah, Celestia is "banging".

One of my first fly around choices... Haven´t used it for a while though....

Thanks for all the replies

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter
This was taken by a well-known UK amateur astronomer with a 14" Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrain @ F/41 and LU075M camera. If you're trying to imply that this image was faked or that NASA censored it with graphics software, you're wrong.

There you go, no need to say more...

John Lenard Walson (obvious alias) keeps punching out amateur footage of The Moon on youtube on almost a daily basis now.

Look for him and GRIDKEEPER.

MoonMine

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MoonMine

I've dealt with gridkeeper before, in fact it's why I signed up at ATS. I recognized how he produced a couple of his hoax images (involving a couple wide angle still shots) and came here to demonstrate it. If he were capable of seeing spaceships with his telescope he'd be capable of getting a clear ISS image with ease. I've done the latter and knew his images looked nothing like the real thing. Waveguide also recreated his telescopic images perfectly by using a telescope, mirrors, and something like shaped tinfoil. Gridkeeper does not post amateur footage, he posts hoaxes, unless he's realized the error of his ways more recently (doubt it).

[edit on 17-11-2008 by ngchunter]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter

I've dealt with gridkeeper before, in fact it's why I signed up at ATS. I recognized how he produced a couple of his hoax images (involving a couple wide angle still shots) and came here to demonstrate it. If he were capable of seeing spaceships with his telescope he'd be capable of getting a clear ISS image with ease. I've done the latter and knew his images looked nothing like the real thing. Waveguide also recreated his telescopic images perfectly by using a telescope, mirrors, and something like shaped tinfoil. Gridkeeper does not post amateur footage, he posts hoaxes, unless he's realized the error of his ways more recently (doubt it).

After reading the Camilla Intersteller thread and several others I can now see where you are coming from.

You live and learn, live and learn.

Thanks for the headsup on those suckers.

MoonMine

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join