It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Daily Rant 10/16/08 : girls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
welcome to day 2 of my ranting.

okay well i went to the movies with my girl today. we watched Quarintine which is btw the stupidest piece of movie ever. its plot is full of fail and its about nothing.

well anyway we come to the movies and i figure im gonna pay so after she decided what we are watching (because i being a male dont get a choice) so i pull out my cash and i ATTEMPT to pay for both. she takes my money and buys her own seperate ticket... WTF why couldnt i pay for both. she took my twenty and bought her own ticket giving me the change... what is the point of this.

okay so we get in and i ask her if she wants anything. she answers no. i was hungry so i order a large soda and a hotdog. we walk into the theater and she says shes hungry... wtf. we were jsut there. why cant you make up your #ing mind. so i give her my hotdog because i expected a good movie and didnt want to miss the begginign. i should have left and went to play the video games instead of watching it but whatever.

so now im hungry and wtahcing an incredibly boring movie. she seems into it like crazy. i found it terrible not even scary. so im getting more and more bored so i pull out my phone and start texting. she flips out on me!!! she doesnt yell cause that would be rude. now she does that loud whisper thing. right into my ear for a good 10 minutes. i couldnt even understand her. all i got was "rabble rabble good movie rabble rabble you dont love me rabble rabble why are you here rabble rabble you should leave rabble rabble"

as the movie ended and people started clapping (who the # are these people clapping for?) i get up to leave. she drags me down and says she wants to find out the name of the guy who played one of the firefighters causes hes hot. ....

the rest is a blur or nothing important. this is the first bad date i had with her since we started going out about 2 months ago. the #ed part is she acted like nothign happened. wow yells at me then nothing happened. give em your advice.

btw i enjoy ranting getting this stuff out really helps.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Hey tesla.

I have no idea why she would take your money and pay for a ticket for herself. If shes using your money why not just by both at once?

As for using the cell phone. I hate people like you

well as long as your not talking on your phone im cool. I would have thrown some popcorn at your girlfriend for whispering loudly though

Nice rant though.

Im dissapointed to hear that the movie sucks. Atleast now I know not to waste my money, so thanks for the heads up.

Dust

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Just posting this because you said one post wasnt enough

Just so its on topic, I went to the movies with a girl once who for whatever reason felt the need to explain to me everything that is going on in the movie. She didnt even whisper she just talked as if we werent in a movie theater. I finally said "shutup, Quit explaining it, Im watching the same damn movie you are"

Well that is actually toned down a bit. But you get the idea.

Anyhow, have some more points on me! Oh have this lovely star and flag as well.

Dust

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

o yea i know those kind of people. the people that poke you and say "did you see that" yea cause i paid 11$ to stare at the #ing ceiling.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
funny post!
thanks for azzhole comment on my page.

Sorry about your terrible date!

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

o yea i know those kind of people. the people that poke you and say "did you see that" yea cause i paid 11$ to stare at the #ing ceiling.

Right on tesla.

those people get on my damn nerves.

I swear if I had duct tape I would have used it then too

well, no I wouldnt but its fun to pretend.

Dust

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

Your first and worst mistake is that you dated a girl.

I suggest the next time you want to enjoy your evening you ask out a woman.

Yes, I am female but can tell you that many girls have snakes in their heads. You will have less of a problem if you will ask a real woman out.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
sucks that you had a bad date with her

at least she hadn't already seen the movie. otherwise she might have started poking you in the arm and saying, "watch this! get ready!" or something like that, deflating any potential tension a bad film can generate

i don't understand why she'd buy her own ticket with your money. maybe it was her way of saying, "we are together and you're paying but i am an adult and can take care of myself" or some such

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I only had to read the first sentence of your post to come to this conclusion: Maybe you picked a girl that's not right for you? In the time you spent writing this rant you could've dumped her and got another one. Problem solved.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla
so im getting more and more bored so i pull out my phone and start texting.

You had my sympathy until I read this little "gem". There is a very special place in Hell for people who use cell phones at the theater! I could make a rant of biblical proportions on just that. :bnghd: I could really care less now how badly your date went. To be honest, that's not exactly what I would call a "Bad" Date in the least. Get used to the idea of females declining food up front and asking for it later. Blame social programming for that one. A hungry, feeding female is obviously a gluttonous giant. Learn from this and anticipate, next time buy two hot dogs.

I don't care how much you hated the movie. Texting in the theater is so freakin' annoying, I applaud your girl for giving you crap over it.

[edit on 21-10-2008 by Catfish]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Wo!! I have no idea why anyone would take YOUR cash pay for her own ticket and then pass the change back to you.. A needless step to say the least. What is that supposed to prove? That she is independent ( long enough to handle the $20 for 3 seconds to make a purchase??)????

She sounds like one of those girls who is never hungry but will pick off your plate, or in this case, take the hot dog right out of your hand. I would have given her the change back from your 20 that she used to purchase her ticket and pointed her in the direction of the snack bar. ( and i am female )

Since you have only 2 months invested in this " relationship".... RUN now. The faster the better.. take your wallet and hot dog with ya.

And tsk tsk for you texting in the theater. I hope you had your phone silenced so that when you got an incoming message it didn't distract the ppl who were watching the film.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
okay well texting is something i myself dont approve of but first of all it was like 4 pm when we wnet so it was basically empty. and i still think its better then talking during the movie.

as for the the food and tickets i think she was just trying to be funny or something. im still with her and havent had a date as bad as that one since.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Well it's good to hear that things working out. Just remember... The whole "I don't want food" and then asking for it later... It's common. Very common. My mother still does this, my fathers' partner does it, my friends partners do this.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catfish

Well it's good to hear that things working out. Just remember... The whole "I don't want food" and then asking for it later... It's common. Very common. My mother still does this, my fathers' partner does it, my friends partners do this.

is it really that frequent? i jsut figured its jsut like one of those steroptypes that comedians use. like the whole men dont ask for directions thing.

i didnt think it is actually that "widespread"

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Dude don't feel bad unless you dated her again,doesn't get any easier when you get older,I went out with a lady 45 min into conversation she asked if I could loan here 10,000 dollars,just made me think sure are a bunch similar to my ex wife

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I must say op you got it easy (your not married),

Me and my wife went to counseling for marital problems,
My wife is a compulsive spender so she would spend our rent money on junk, so we have been evicted from more than one place...The counselor told me not to be upset with her,It was both of our money so she could spend it if she wanted to,actually defending my wife.(state appointed counselor)

This world is messed up so your best bet would be to run FAST and find someone who isn't self-dependent(good luck)

top topics

join