It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cramer thinks the Dow will drop to 4700 by Tuesday (10/14)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I don't believe it will drop much below 5,000 ... but having said that
Cramer isn't fair off with this prediction.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
DEAD CAT BOUNCE - www.investopedia.com...

Hedge funds are settling this month and next. Markets should be down towards end of the week.

I would have bought this morning, but prices jumped at the open. The institutions already had a jump on us.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by Dbriefed]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostlandseller
And also about CRAMER.... Anyone who says "im going to do the opposite of what Cramer says", shouldn't be allowed to invest, haha. Im not saying people who fallow him are any better, Any wise investor does their own homework, and their own research.

Well I did the opposite, and I am not complaining today

But on topic, and directly related to my post earlier, Cramer gives signals to his investment cronies via opposite suggestion. That is what I think. He gives big thumbs up on a particular stock?...and all that ends up happenning is he provides liquidity to those who take the clue and sell,... while a herd of sheep mentality investors go rallying to their brokers to buy.

As in this case,...market goes up,...but there was an element of those that sold out this morning on the bell for fear,..keyword,... FEAR. Part in parcel to Cramers doomsaying. All the while those that do watch him knew it was a buy signal he was giving.

sighs

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by smirkley

Yep Cramer says buy, I sell...Cramer says, the Market is going down, then the market goes up. What a jerk, this guy is. Who the hell is stupid enough to take stock advice from this **SNIP**?

[edit on 13-10-2008 by Gateway]

admin edit: removed unnecessary profanity

[edit on 13-10-2008 by Crakeur]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
We have to keep in mind that one of the biggest financial problems right now are the banks. The banks are closed today. I think that is the only reason the stock market is to the up side today. We'll see tomorrow if the stocks tumble again. I think we can all argee that the banks have been the problem for a while now.. As far as Cramer goes,.. I don't trust a word that comes out of that mans mouth. My grandfather has been a watcher of the markets since he was a boy (born in 1929) and he always says that when all is said and done, Cramer is usually wrong and he cannot understand why people put their faith in that man. I think that things are not better.. yet. Its just because of the banks being closed for the holiday. Thanks for the post!

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Yep cramer and those on cnbc work the stocks, and like to fix things there way. I cannot see how he would not know about the fact that the government would throw the kitchen sink at the economy last night and this morning.

Like people in horse racing, be careful of people giving out tips, and be weary.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Ladies and Gentlemen ... Cramer!

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Well, the markets are up as of right now...you made the right call on this, Karl...kudos!

(**Ahem...and now for a bit of ego building:
I'm not sure if your scary/hypnotic avatar of Anton Chigur is what compels me to pay attention to everything you post, but I do just that, you interesting so & so! Star & flagged.)

[edit on 13-10-2008 by ezziboo]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I don't believe no one wants to sell and make some dough. They got last 30 minutes to do so. Sell something . . .

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The market pays attention to the holiday. Columbus set sail in 1492. Swap 14 and 92 to get 9214 points. Nice going . . .

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Looks like the government is gonna make everything all better.

Keep buying there is absolutly no risk what so ever now. You can't lose when uncle sammy and the worlds banks are footing the bill.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Cramer doesn't know anything...I wonder how he still has his job. All the people I listen to were calling for this bounce on monday, but it's just that, a bounce. I think he isn't far off with his number. But not Tuesday.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
FOX News put out a TV ad ridiculing Cramer, and CNBC.

Looks like they were right.

Banks being closed had nothing to do with this record day. People knew there were bargains out there, and went for them. Why Cramer didn't figure this out is beyond me?

[edit on 13-10-2008 by RRconservative]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
So the DOW shoots up more than 900 pts today, what now?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoothyKnight
So the DOW shoots up more than 900 pts today, what now?

The economy is fixed, it's safe to consume again.

Everything is wonderful. Nothing to see here, move along.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Cramer will most likely might be wrong because...

At 8:55PM ET: 9,300.71 Up 1,024.28 (12.38%)- Tokyo Nikkei

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I am sure that I am not the only person to call Mr Cramer a fool. I can see that he is in for his own and other persons interest. Yes, he knows quite a lot of people on Wall Street and they are giving him advice and telling him what to say so that they can either short stock or take a long position once the stock has fallen a lot. I wouldn't buy or sell because he says so. His tongue is like a viper. Its split into two pieces and you don't know what to believe when he speaks. I truly believe that yes we will have some tough times ahead and as long as you all keep your heads on and not listening to fear mongering you will be alright and they lost.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Kramer is telling everyone to sell because he is buying and selling all the time. He is a Bi-Polar seller and buyer. For the folks in it for the long haul it make no sence to pull out right now.

Kramer is doing a diservice to his country by causing panic and bringing points down.................Its not just him, many factors re involved ,hes just a small part.....Now if you excuse me I have to go look for pop cans in the dumpsters.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Kick...kick...kick the corpse. The dude missed by 4600 points. He will surely find the way to weasel himself out of it.

Editor's note: Jim Cramer will present his 2009 stock outlook for the first time at TheStreet.com Investment Conference on Saturday, Oct. 25. Click for details

I predict that the Conference will turn into a major act of exorcism to free the headbag people . . .

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
In the end I think Cramer might have the last laugh. He may have been off by a few days or weeks. But in the end he can say, "I told you so, I just missed the timing a little."

[edit on 15-10-2008 by In nothing we trust]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join