It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaving The Site Soon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I have come to the conclusion that I need to leave this site. I've realized that I am rapidly losing my mind and my mental health is very much at stake. I can't handle these possible scenarios and end of the world stuff anymore. This site has consumed all of my time recently and has gotten to the point where I feel like I cannot stop looking at all of the stuff on here. I've been consistently spending 3-4 hours a night on this website. I have become overly paranoid, delusional, self-prophesizing, etc. Freaking out when helicopters fly over, noises inside and outside the house, checking through the blinds all the time. I feel like I'm constantly being watched. This is not a good scenario for anyone to go through.

Whatever happens, will happen. There is nothing we can do about any of this. The powers that be have us by the balls. Whenever, Whatever happens we will all have to go through it together.

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.
-LOTR

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

I can say only one thing, if you reached this level. Welcome to the real world. If you want to go back to the sleepy one, go ahead. The difference between the real world and the sleepy one... here, you may see other perspectives. In the "I put my head into the sand" type of life... you'll live in a illusion, nothing more.

If you want to live in the second world, go ahead and take the blue pill, go ahead Neo. The world is not going to change from that around you. At least you've became more vigilant. But my final words are: If you can find the balance, can select what is the truth and what is a fabrication, you can handle it and knowledge can make a difference between life and death. Even if you go back to your old life, nothing will be the same again, because you know the other perspectives already. You can't change that.

Good bye.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by Sheridan]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I'm sorry you're leaving.

While I agree that some of the threads can seem pretty far out at times, everything you read should be taken with a grain of salt - never, ever believe everything you read - whether it's here or somewhere else.

There are some topics that I steer clear of for various reasons and some topics I enjoy reading about and others I will participate in, but not all. I think we all have our comfort zones and I stay within mine while I'm visiting here.

Again, I'm sorry you'll be leaving - you'll be missed.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by Artista]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I think we have all felt that way at times being members of ATS.
Don't worry, it ebbs and flows.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
My problem is clicking the "Recent Posts" and seeing what I missed the last two minutes, its extremely addicting and to me almost information overload on subjects especially how this global market crisis works....LOL

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I can agree that the site itself is addictive with so many threads being added constantly. Had to take a break myself there for awhile, not because I was becoming paranoid or anything but simply because I was spending way too much time reading and responding to threads.

As for the doom and gloom stuff you find in some of the threads, I tend to stay away from them. Not to keep my head buried, but because in all reality if something bad is in the works there is nothing we can do to stop it so there is no point in getting all worked up over it and letting it control our lives.

Take a break and chill for awhile and then you may find that you can come back to the site without letting it overwhelm you.

Oh and I recommend getting a dog if you don't have one. I don't have to look out the blinds to see if someone is here, the dog just starts going nuts.

Edit for typos

[edit on 12-10-2008 by Jenna]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I can certainly understand - and you're right, it's no way to live. Sometimes it's healthy to step away and get grounded. Remember to keep preparing to take care of yourself and loved ones. Staying grounded is crucial, especially during these times.

Be safe.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
well if you understand that there is nothing we can do about the future and what is bound to happen... then why leave?
at least you will have a general idea of what is going on and be able to inform someone who is getting all of their information from the fox45 news report.
I agree that sometimes it can trigger some anxiety. but if you leave or stay the information that you have gotten from this site wont just go away. you will still think about it and even worse.. you will not have updates and just wonder what else is going on.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Knowledge is like taking aim and firing that round at someone edge.

The only thing you can't do, is undo it...you think you'll be less paranoid? Go ahead...you won't be, you'll be just AS paranoid if not more so now, paranoid of what? Paranoid that the information you have now, it not enough....it's not up to date, and you'll want more.

Good luck brother

AB1

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
You will eventually go back into sleep mode but all the perspectives and truths that you have read and learned on this site will be with you for a very long time. You are now forever changed. We all are. Do you really want to lie to yourself by going back to the way that you were?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Edging away from paranoia is difficult, especially if this is a natural tendency.

"Take what you want and leave the rest," is an old 12 Step saying and it works. There is a balance between burying your head in the sand and becoming obsessed.

If you believe in a God, then turn your will and your life over to him and ask for help in trusting him to guide you, and helping you to; "let-go!" Regardless, take some days off and chill, it is a powerless situation.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I know where OP is coming from...

Maybe this should be part of the ATS T&C:

WARNING:
Usage of this site may cause serious harm to your psychological well being and mental stability. Use with extreme caution and prejudice...

I´m fairly certain this site has profoundly changed my view of the world ever since I started lurking around here a few years back.

Hang in there edgecrusher2199, there are worse things than doomsday scenarios and deep truths.

Not knowing about them for instance.

MoonMine

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Didn't you get the memo.....

"This site is for entertainment purposes only"

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone
Knowledge is like taking aim and firing that round at someone edge.

The only thing you can't do, is undo it...you think you'll be less paranoid? Go ahead...you won't be, you'll be just AS paranoid if not more so now, paranoid of what? Paranoid that the information you have now, it not enough....it's not up to date, and you'll want more.

Good luck brother

AB1

This is so true!

You know, this reminds me of something I once read. It was a quote and although I can't remember who said it (it may have been an author), it was:

"A paranoid man is someone who has all the answers."

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

did you actually write this or was your hand forced by an agency

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by edgecrusher2199
This site has consumed all of my time recently and has gotten to the point where I feel like I cannot stop looking at all of the stuff on here.

If spending time on ATS is taking you away from the important things in life, then I don't think anyone would blame you for leaving. Your eyes have been opened to some of the lies we are told, you have probably learned about how to think for yourself and make decisions for yourself, and you know where ATS is if you need to peek back in to see what we see.

But all the eye-opening in the world is no good if it just drives you to spend more and more time online trying to figure out how to control the future. Take what you've learned here and apply it in real life.

BTW, I'm talking as one who's skirting the line between eye-opening education and life-closing paranoia here, myself. Best of luck. I doubt that your time here has been wasted, even if it draws to a close now.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Artista

"A paranoid man is someone who has all the answers."

Probably thinking of William Burroughs quotes.

That, and a dead man, and who are you going to go to for advice Edge ^^

I'll stick with the paranoia

AB1

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
i often feel that there is information being conveyed here with the intention of causing paranoia,

i mean look at all the threads which are based around,"something bad will happen on x date",there always there,new ones week in week out spreading paranoia.

do you remember when that asteroid was apparently going to hit earth a few months back,paranoia was being spread everwhere,"were all gonna die,you must go underground!! and so on."

now forgive me if im wrong,do the above tactics not appear to be exactly the tactics used by our "leaders" to make us paranoid by using bogey men such as terrorism,rogue states and such.

and also forgive me,were we not warned by varner von braun that "they"(our future) will control anddepopulate us through "rogue states,terrorism,comets and evil aliens"........now look here on this website,those predictions are abound here,were constantly bombared with fear based around those principles.

folks keep an eye out here, were right under thier noses,in our grasp,be observant and realise the level of thier infiltration would include the control and management of thier own existence and agendas.....
...there conspiring with conspiracy.

p.s in the middle of writing this post the thread was moved to below top secret,isnt that a co incidence?.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by welivefortheson]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
There are no good bye threads allowed on ATS.

So in light of that, this place is like the Hotel California. "You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave".

Why do you think so many of us are here, because every one comes back.

Take some time away, it's required, all of us need a break. This is a crazy thing to jump into, it will happen at it's own pace. Some people can handle the barrage, others ease into it.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
adios crazy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join