It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaving The Site Soon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
....and here I thought that I was the only one. I am always clicking on recent posts and at times refreshing so I don't miss anything. This site is most definitely addictive and entertaining to say the least.
I also have sleepless nights at times, wondering if I am being watched which is kind of ridiculous. How would anyone be watching me unless I have webcams mounted all over my house.
I must admit that I am always looking up at the sky day or night. I even purchased high powered binocs and a telescope all be it a cheap one.
If it were not for ATS I wouldn't know even a quarter of what I know now of the Financial situation around the world.

I can hardly wait for it to get dark outside. Nice clear day today so the moon should look good through the telescope and I may even get to see the GFL as they enter our solar system.....

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I understand the addictiveness of the site as well. I can occupy so much time just reloading the "recent posts". But I have a good grip on my own perspectives which help in grounding me. And I can easily take an ATS-free holiday if I need it. My brain is far too stubborn to ever get hooked on anything for too long - don't know why.
Indeed, OP, take yourself a break if needed. Except, try not to take on another electronic addiction to replace this one. Get outside and walk in nature if you can, read a book, take in some music or art from another place or time. Keep your perspectives open and keep your mind healthy. The only real changes you can control is within yourself. Be secure in that.

And as far as getting sucked in by this site, I like to balance things out with a trip to dedroid's blog. It's all about the journey of thought.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by edgecrusher2199
I've realized that I am rapidly losing my mind and my mental health is very much at stake. I can't handle these possible scenarios and end of the world stuff anymore. This site has consumed all of my time recently and has gotten to the point where I feel like I cannot stop looking at all of the stuff on here. I've been consistently spending 3-4 hours a night on this website. I have become overly paranoid, delusional, self-prophesizing, etc. Freaking out when helicopters fly over, noises inside and outside the house, checking through the blinds all the time. I feel like I'm constantly being watched. This is not a good scenario for anyone to go through.

ROFL @ You.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Just come over and hang out in BTS for awhile. We'll be partying at DATS waaaaaay past October 14, FEMA is not welcome there.

Rush

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join