It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TimeLine as of 10/12/08

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
And now the simultaneous collapse of virtually ALL of Europe's biggest banks,

Unfortunately, this is a HUGE exaggeration of the reality in Europe. Only a couple of banks have suffered, not even "collapsed". Simply because they're not as fraudulent as those in the US. And by that I mean they back up what they claim they have.

Please inform yourself a little more before you think you know what happens elsewhere.

I seem to have to keep mentioning this:
www.cia.gov...
do check the bottom!

[edit on 13-10-2008 by Slagroom]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by MOFreemason

As much as I don't want this to be really going on, the facts are adding up really fast. I can't deny the truth, it kills me inside, so all that's left to do is accept this and figure out which angle to hit at to make a dent in this plan. Not me, alone, of course, but rather which group of people to unite with in challenging their one world system. I agree that humanity needs a system that transcends all barriers, borders, etc.., but it should come from the willing ideals of the individuals, not engineered necessity from elitists. It should lead to freedom, not control. With truthful understanding comes great responsibility, of which the byproduct is power. Those in control seem to have this backwards.

Agree completely. I'm distressed that we are watching essentially the biggest robbery in human history. I'm equally distressed that the same criminals in government and industry will be in positions of authority after the dust settles.

I'd much rather see those responsible for the current meltdown to be stripped of *everything* they own before the new system is engaged. They should not be left with a pot to piss in.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The Dow is on target for the the biggest point gain in history.

Stocks rallied Monday afternoon, with the Dow up over 700 points during the session, as investors bet that the worst of the credit crisis is over, following a series of global initiatives announced over the last few days.

The Dow Jones industrial average (INDU) gained as much as 723 points and 7.3% before pulling back a bit. The advance was the largest ever during a session on a point basis.

The Standard & Poor's 500 (SPX) index rose 7.5% and the Nasdaq composite (COMP) added 7.7%.

money.cnn.com...

This is a good sign, indeed.

It's good to see confidence in the market returning and so soon, too.

[edit on 2008/10/13 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
These are strange times. The NWO, or whatever the name you want to call it, is being born after decades of incubation. Take heart though, all empires fall, as will the Global Elites Empire. In the meantime, prepare to meet thy God.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

It's good to see confidence in the market returning and so soon, too.

I think we saw a big rally because investors think the worst is over and it is now the time to buy. Is it? I don't know. I don't think so. But one thing is for sure, confidence hasn't returned. A little spark will send it straight down the tubes again.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Confidence returned enough that investors went bargain hunting today.

Tomorrow might turn things around, but I don't know that and neither does anyone else.

Confidence is not absolute, but a little can go a long way.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
remember reinhardt from the google forum. This kind of info takes time to dig up and this sounds somewhat similar. Was there sarcarsm when he said i cant predict the future timeline yet? The north american union and the amero will prolly come around. if not they'll think of something. Hegelian dialect process for sure.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I'm sure today's stock market rally will have to fall into your timeline. Assuming it does, make sure you note that it is a charade that will have the staying power of a snowball in hell. The market is trying like hell to correct itself and these fascists will not let it happen. Remember, it was not the stock market crash in 1929 that caused the long depression (this simply signaled a need for market correction for the excesses of the '20's), it was the government trying to fix something that could have fixed itself had it been allowed to. If the government insists on trying to fix this, your timeline could get very long real quickly.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This is a curve ball thrown at us on purpose...

There's no way this economy can be solved in ONE weekend. All of a sudden, things rebound? No way...What goes up, must come down.

I will not be fooled by this.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BennyHill

You are right the government did try to fix it and failed. That being said we are doing things completly different this time around. We can only hope that we learned what didnt work and should have done and are doing the right things today. Only time will tell if this rescue plan will work.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediK
This is a curve ball thrown at us on purpose...

I will not be fooled by this.

Who threw that "curve ball?"

Who said the economy was "solved?"

[edit on 2008/10/13 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I have a theory as to why the stock market is rebounding a bit. I suspect it won't last.

The people who are 'bargain hunting' right now are merely attempting to 'win back' some of their losses. They're not going to stay in the market. Just like a non-professional gambler down to his last $20, he has to stay in to try to win-back the G-Note he just lost..

I suspect the market will lose it's 7% gain by mid-week.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by tide88
reply to post by BennyHill

You are right the government did try to fix it and failed. That being said we are doing things completly different this time around. We can only hope that we learned what didnt work and should have done and are doing the right things today. Only time will tell if this rescue plan will work.

I'm curious, in what way are things being done different? IMO, the only thing that can be done different this time around and prevent a decade-long depression is for the government to get their hands off and let the market correct. Their attempts to prop up a system that is so flawed is only going to make matters worse and prolong the depression that at this point, is inevitable.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I know violence is not the answer, but can we make an exception for this time?

Snipers unite!

Maybe all the whacky people that came back from the war, will be more useful than we thought - no pun intended on former war survivors...

Play the lotto and cash out!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
250B TREASURY INVESTMENT PLANNED IN CITIGROUP, BANK OF AMERICA, WELLS FARGO, MORGAN STANLEY, GOLDMAN SACHS, JP MORGAN, BANK OF NEW YORK, STATE STREET

"Not all of the banks involved are happy with the move but agreed under pressure from the government."

None of banks getting government money was given a choice about it, said one of the people familiar with the plans. All of the banks involved will have to submit to compensation restrictions, said the person.

The Treasury plans to spend $25 billion each for stakes in Citigroup and JPMorgan, people said. Another $25 billion will be divided between Bank of America and Merrill, which agreed last month to be acquired by Bank of America. Goldman and Morgan Stanley will each get $10 billion, while State Street and Bank of New York will get injections of about $3 billion each, people said.

AND

Bush Administration to formally notify Congress that it intends to use the next $100B available under the $700B rescue plan. (It's only been a week, and yet here comes installment #2)

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sirbikesalot06

Worse, Ferrengi.

Who else could of dreamed up this 'Finatal Meltdown' but Ferrengi ?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

2008 would show that the world we were living in was a lie...

or something like that, to paraphrase John Titor.

But, the Beijing olympics occurred (anti-titor timeline).

The election going for Palin-McClain will definitely fall into John's

predictions - and is still possible (think new Iran war, new

terrorist incident, anything D. Cheney can com up with to

derail Obama). Let's hope that's not the case, cause next up

will be 2009-10: US civil war

2010 Middle east nuke war

and a bigger N day in 2015. that will be easy (1 day) compared

to 5 years of civil war misery.

peace and good luck

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty