It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Convicted paedophile found strangled and dumped in woods

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daz3d-n-Confus3d
How about this for statistics.

According to www.Sex-Offenders.us:
• A child is molested every four seconds. Nearly one out of every three girls and one of every four boys is molested by age 18. This difference in these numbers may be because boys report molestation less frequently than girls.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by Daz3d-n-Confus3d]

7,884,000 People are molested in a year? 13 years makes 102.5 Million. You're saying that a a THIRD Of the united states has been Molested in the last 13 years?

Let's defray that number a bit and assume that it isn't EVERY four seconds, and that there is an increase happening over time... so perhaps 70 Million in the last 13 years? More than one FIFTH?

Dr. Gene Abel estimates that between 1% and 5% of our population molest children.

Let's assume slightly less than average mean between the two at 2%. At 2%, that means there are 6.4 MILLION Child Molesters?

None of these numbers are relevant. I wonder what sample size for the statistics they were using.

Still though. If it's between 1% and 5%, that's a large minority of the United States.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I have always seen pedophiles as nothing but parasites on our society. If you look at history at people "outed" as pedophiles, it doesn't matter how much good they have done in other areas of their miserable existences, they fact that they hurt the ones in our society that are least able to defend themselves makes makes them parasites and they SHOULD be wiped out accordingly.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheColdDragon

I can see you have a misunderstanding of molesting it can be as simple as grabbing a young girl inappropriately and like all things escalate from there but you want to quivel on facts. When a psychologist talks about molestation it can take many forms, slapping a child on the rear for example like all things criminal you don't start out in the big time you work your way up to it. Each step they get bolder And willing to push that line a little further. So yes it is conceivable that someone can have that many victims.Also as earlier in this thread it was stated that many go unreported this is also true, children are easy to manipulate thus all the more reason as a society we should make no excuses for the behavior.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheColdDragon
None of these numbers are relevant. I wonder what sample size for the statistics they were using.

Well I think this is a BIG hint that they are inflating their numbers in every possible way:

Originally posted by Daz3d-n-Confus3d Nearly one out of every three girls and one of every four boys is molested by age 18.

They are including 16 and 17 year olds? Come on, lots of teenagers that age are fooling around, often with people in their early twenties if they have the chance, and it can HARDLY be considered pedophilia.

According to this study it would be!

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

but you want to quivel on facts.

Uhh... Yes. I do want to QUIBBLE on facts. Wait, are we supposed to be quibbling about NON-facts?

reply to post by Sonya610

Well I think this is a BIG hint that they are inflating their numbers in every possible way:

Originally posted by Daz3d-n-Confus3d Nearly one out of every three girls and one of every four boys is molested by age 18.

They are including 16 and 17 year olds? Come on, lots of teenagers that age are fooling around, often with people in their early twenties if they have the chance, and it can HARDLY be considered pedophilia.

According to this study it would be!

I give you star, not because we agreed on everything in this argument, but because at least you received my point whereas the Statistics are related.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

I'm sorry but you missed the point, saying that they all act on their thoughts is incorrect. As i said i knew someone who worked as a civil counsellor, she came across people weeping because they had these feelings and were ashamed, they never acted up on them.

So to say they all act upon these feelings is the height of ignorance. You can only arrest them when they act upon those thoughts. If we start imprisoning for thought crime then 99% of the population would be imprison. Everyone has flashes of violence in their minds for example, being told off by the boss and you just want to give him a slap is a classic example.

We don't act upon those violent thoughts but if you start prosecuting for thoughts then most people are guilty.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
In the Ground, and off the streets. I have no sympathy for paedophiles, rapists, or anyone who commits crimes against children.

End of Story.

It is my belief, that these people are either
a.) Comitting the crimes or
b.) Thinking about committing the crime

Personal Opinions of course.

- Carrot

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by CA_Orot
In the Ground, and off the streets. I have no sympathy for paedophiles, rapists, or anyone who commits crimes against children.

Uhhh...little bit of a double standard there. If you start locking people up based on what they have THOUGHT about (even involuntarily), but not done, then some would think YOU should be locked up for advocating/thinking about murdering innocent people.

To those that kept saying some would kill them for thought crimes! You were right! I knew that before but I didn't expect anyone to come out and openly post they advocate punishment for thought crimes.

"“He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone."

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
The man was a paedophile and whilst, obviously, the abuse of children is something that cannot be condoned, I think this was wrong.

Yes, I accept the general idea that a lot of criminals don't get what is perceived as a 'just' punishment. However, whether the man got the sentence that other people think he deserved wasn't actually the paedophiles fault. Yes, he committed the crime(s) but he was sentenced within parameters that someone else set.

Also, the man was, to all intents and purposes, tried and given a death sentence outside of the law with no appeal. Half of the content on this site is based on outcries when governments and big business operate outside of what we perceive to be the law. There's current threads about how the army or the government are going to turn on us and place us in death camps &c.

However, this is what someone has done to this man. Someone has basically decided that he needed to die and was killed, all outside of the law in a country where we don't have a death penalty anyway for any crime.

Despite the fact I find paedophilia abhorrent, I can't see how anyone on this site could actually condone this man's murder.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Merriman Weir]
I condone his murder 100 million percent!!! You bleeding heart liberals kill me! I would kill a MF'er like that in a heart beat and never loose a wink of sleep over it, if the world still handled sh#t like men and not like people like you do than we would not see these problems like we do today! The coward molesters and rapist would think more than twice about acting upon they're sick thaughts then wouldn't they?

[edit on 14-10-2008 by damdevildog]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Paedophilia is a mental illness. Simple as that. Treat it as such (institutionalisation, attempted recovery, etc.) and the problem goes away. Demonising those who suffer from it only causes them to go underground as opposed to seeking help. That means their problems become the problems of the society they live in, which isn't good for anyone.

So crap like this, however justifiable by the people who did it, is not the answer. It's making it worse. Much worse.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
Paedophilia is a mental illness. Simple as that. Treat it as such (institutionalisation, attempted recovery, etc.) and the problem goes away. Demonising those who suffer from it only causes them to go underground as opposed to seeking help. That means their problems become the problems of the society they live in, which isn't good for anyone.

So crap like this, however justifiable by the people who did it, is not the answer. It's making it worse. Much worse.

How do you explain the likes of head teachers, who are holding down high powered jobs, often with families, functioning in societies, but who are also paedophiles

It isnt as simple as just saying "blah blah mental illness"- I would just say they have an evil and perverse deviance, but they cannot excuse it by saying it is an "illness"- that demonises people with illnesses..........

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by damdevildog

I condone his murder 100 million percent!!! You bleeding heart liberals kill me! I would kill a MF'er like that in a heart beat and never loose a wink of sleep over it, if the world still handled sh#t like men and not like people like you do than we would not see these problems like we do today! The coward molesters and rapist would think more than twice about acting upon they're sick thaughts then wouldn't they?

How about this. You go ahead and kill the pedophiles because of your rancid thoughts and weak emotional control while people kill you because you're a closeted Christian with fundamentalist attitudes. I think you are a Christian so let's label you one to be marked for death.

How'd you like that?

Go ahead. Try it. Kill one and YOU die by the hands of justice. And when you DIE, you don't get a chance to contribute to society. What are you, The Christian Batman?

You make me sick with your "Dumbed Down Mob Mentality".

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Sanctum1972]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

How do you explain the likes of head teachers, who are holding down high powered jobs, often with families, functioning in societies, but who are also paedophiles

It isnt as simple as just saying "blah blah mental illness"- I would just say they have an evil and perverse deviance, but they cannot excuse it by saying it is an "illness"- that demonises people with illnesses..........

You said evil and perverse deviance.

Therefore, you must be another religious nut labeled for persecution.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   

End of Story.

Personal Opinions of course.

- Carrot

Obviously, those crimes should'nt be tolerated. But I highly recommend you read Philip K. Dick's The Minority Report as opposed to the film version. Trust me, there's a lot to be said regarding to your comment on thinking about committing the crime..

There's a reason why "thought crimes" are too controversial and a violation on human privacy rights upon such persecution without proof.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by damdevildog
I condone his murder 100 million percent!!! You bleeding heart liberals kill me!

Kill you? Well, I'll wait calmly for the lynch mob. Will I have time to make a pot of tea? I've still got a couple of crumpets in the pantry, it seems a bit of waste, perhaps if I stick them under the grill now and only half-toast them?

I would kill a MF'er like that in a heart beat and never loose a wink of sleep over it, if the world still handled sh#t like men and not like people like you do than we would not see these problems like we do today!

And yet, ironically, a lot of the problems we have in the world to do are because of people acting upon blood-lust rages, just like yours! Nice to know what makes a 'real man' is murder; I'm looking at those old Charles Atlas adverts in a new light now.

The coward molesters and rapist would think more than twice about acting upon they're sick thaughts then wouldn't they?

Yes, that's right because in Pennsylvania the death penalty stops murders and rapes.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
It was Dexter! He kills the people who the police can't or don't catch. Sweet, convicts you have met your match!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   

End of Story.

Thinking about committing the crime? Are you selling cookies door-to-door on behalf of the New World Order or something?

Do you really want to go down that route? If this was implemented do you think it would stop at paedophiles? All the post September 11th terror laws that came in all over the Western world, do you not think leaders would be saying ' you know those paedophile thought crime laws we have? Well, we'd like to give them a tweak. It's for your own good of course'.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Giving this some thought.. Calling for the death of all pedophiles, i guess is slightly extreme, i suppose they cant help their thoughts and feelings. BUT!! if they start acting out there fantasies, i'm afraid regardless of the laws of the land, i still believe they should be killed, wether by a death penalty or by the hands of another human being... even if they were to be given life sentences, it's not enough... They would be protected in prison by segragation, and would be privy to most creature comforts aswell as recreational activities... That is no real form of punishment... IS IT!!!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

It only demonises sufferers of mental illnesses to people who are willing to believe mental illnesses can't do some really screwed-up things to people.

It is a mental illness. By every single definition it is a mental illness. It doesn't demonise anyone - in fact quite the opposite - it elevates the currently-demonised (paedophiles) to the realms of 'mentally ill'.

Conflating the two, as you seem to be wanting to do, is not logical in the slightest. Objectivity - it's what people use to make things better. You seem to be using irrational knee-jerk reactions to justify your horrific beliefs about ill people. Nice.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Perhaps I didn't clarify....

a.) Thinking about committing the crime.

I did not mean to imply that I believe people should be locked up for Thought Crimes. What I meant, is that I believe someone who DOES these sorts of things, is either "Doing it" or they are "Thinking about Doing it" I believe it's always on their mind. And if they're not fulfilling the need they have to commit the crimes, they are planning and thinking about the next crime they will commit, However, I can't claim to know what someone else is thinking, so these are just my personal thoughts on that issue.

I did NOT mean that People should be locked away for Thought Crimes. I do NOT advocate that, and I do NOT believe that. Perhaps the context of my first post was unclear, and I think my words were taken out of context there folks...

- Carrot

[edit on 10/14/2008 by CA_Orot]

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join