It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Information Conspiracy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
To quote Gen. Ronald R. Fogleman, Air Force Chief of Staff, April 25, 1995.

"I will also tell you that this information explosion I mentioned signals that we're crossing a new frontier. Information has an ascending and transcending influence -- for our society and our military forces. As such, I think it is appropriate to call information operations the fifth dimension of warfare. Dominating this information spectrum is going to be critical to military success in the future� Information security takes on added importance in this new age. This will be true whether we find ourselves engaged with a sophisticated foe or involved in a low-intensity conflict. On the other hand, as we look at our opportunities for offensive information ops, we will be more limited to situations when we face an opponent who has a similar reliance on information. My point is that we run a tremendous risk if we look at information warfare only as a unique American advantage. It is not. "

To quote Dr. Ivan Goldberg:
"Information warfare is the offensive and defensive use of information and information systems to deny, exploit, corrupt, or destroy, an adversary's information, information-based processes, information systems, and computer-based networks while protecting one's own.
Such actions are designed to achieve advantages over military or business adversaries."

Control Strategies Inc.
Although most would agree that physical techniques are one of the last resorts in response to aggression, many courses emphasize only these physical techniques. Our courses emphasize verbal de-escalation skills, body position, posture, and other non-violent strategies as a means of keeping situations from turning violent.

[Edited on 27-3-2004 by FieryIce1]

[Edited on 27-3-2004 by FieryIce1]

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Environmental Information Network (EIN), Inc
Originally Published 5/94, converted to HTML 7/97.

To quote:
The requestor may be flooded with huge amounts of useless information that is out of order and out of date. This is called a data dump in legal circles. This is a common tactic used by legal rivals on cases to eat up valuable pre-trial discovery time. It takes a critical eye, speed reading, and some research or historical knowledge to be able to weed through the useless information to find what you want.

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FieryIce1
Environmental Information Network (EIN), Inc
Originally Published 5/94, converted to HTML 7/97.

To quote:
The requestor may be flooded with huge amounts of useless information that is out of order and out of date. This is called a data dump in legal circles. This is a common tactic used by legal rivals on cases to eat up valuable pre-trial discovery time. It takes a critical eye, speed reading, and some research or historical knowledge to be able to weed through the useless information to find what you want.

This is the sort of thing that Iraq attempted to do when the U.N. Inspectors asked for the documents pertaining to their weapons program.

It was also, by the way, fully farced in a movie called "The Pentagon Wars" that stared Kelsey Grammar (and that guy from "Robin Hood: Men in Tights", thats in nearly every farce movie that comes out) as a General who tries to cover up the uselessness of a 'valuable' piece of army equipment. In the movie, the 'RobinHood' character demands the results of a test on the personell transport-- so in return he's given a room-full of files and boxes: everything they have on the transport.

I believe the term for this is: "snowed."
You get buried in piles of crap you can't possibly sift through.

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The dude's on a conspiracy forum where literally thousands of conspiracies have been posted and he's complaining that he's not getting the attention.

Says to me that his conspiracy is pretty crap. All the good ones normally do attract attention. And if they don't it's normally because of the poor quality of they way that they've been put.

ET3, for example, had his conspiracy worked out, but when he joined a thread he would only input negatives and never actually contribute any solidity to it. His posts near enough amounted to "You're wrong. End of subject". I would have much rather have seen "You're wrong because......"

It's OK complaining that your information is being supressed, but the absolute truth is, that if your information is put well and has a good grounding, it will attract attention here. I've seen some of what I have considered to be the whackiest theories attract interest and attention purely because their authors took the time to research them and the thoughtfulness to put them well.

If you fail with a subject, you only have yourself to blame.

By the way - this thread runs to 3 pages at the moment. Just goes to show how wrong you are doesn't it?

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Before we get too far off topic, I am a Dudette, where as my personal information is irrelevant.
I used ET3�s wording because I thought it suited the premise of information control. This has nothing to do with any conspiracy theories from the Conspiracy in Religion and Spiritualism section.
What I did observe that was odd which sparked this thread was as soon as ET3 mentioned information control he was banned, odd I think.

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
COME ON ... for Christs sake... get rid of this thread already,.. this is becoming as bad another pointless thread by ... well never mind.

this is absolute horse shiate.... kill it already !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I see this thread is still ongoing isn't billybob?
Being that this is a privately owned board and all, information is controlled 'exactly' how?

Because a thread is closed?
Because a thread is moved?
Because a thread is trashed?
Because a thread is scored low?
Because a thread is not posted to?
Because someone mentions "controlling or controlled information"?
Oppssss, I guess I'm about to be banned.

Seriously, you have a thread here that was started for a purpose....and it still exists.
Do an ATS search ad you will find countless and I mean countless of threads that have people bemoaning and grinding an "issue" with ATS.
As such, they still exist...and are to be found.
No information control there.
So whats the deal?

The complainer makes an observatory assertion and then cannot back it by facts or nothing indicating fact?
Would this not border on slander?
False accusation?
A false premise?
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but everyone is also entitled to not have someone comment to that opinion.
Again, I have seen no conspiracy to control information on or within ATS.
I, like others, eagerly await some sort of factual backing to these allegations and assertions.

The ATS community here is a solid group of individual posters who have their own thoughts, opinions, and beliefs. In some to most cases, some sort of 'backing' is going to have to be given other than conjecture. Opinion has and carries weight, but to most true skeptics, truth seekers, etc., SHOW ME THE MONEY...you know...WHERE IS THE BEEF?

seekerof

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   

What I did observe that was odd which sparked this thread was as soon as ET3 mentioned information control he was banned, odd I think.

You make it sound like he started one thread and was banned. When you know this is not the case.

ET3 started a stack of threads around the place. After he was already on global ignore. The first few had nothing to do with information control. They were more to do with how stupid the staff is and how we are ignorant for not realising ET3's genius. He was warned a series of times via u2u to stop spamming the board (by me).

After his 'mods are stupid' threads were trashed, and I u2u'd him telling him to stop spamming them. It was then he started spamming about Information Control. Due to the continued spamming while on Global Ignore, and the fact he was refusing to address the issue via u2u, the Global Ignore was upgraded to a Posting Ban. Then he began making some odd threats towards the staff and board in general. So the 'enough is enough' decision was made. ET3 was banned and the Global Ignore was removed.

Stop blowing him up as some sort of victim, he was given plenty of chances to stop being immature. More than he deserved really, but in the end it was all to no avail.

[Edited on 28-3-2004 by Kano]

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Being that this is a privately owned board and all, information is controlled 'exactly' how?
seekerof

did you follow the link? it has nothing to do with the little picture of ATS, and everything to do with the bigger picture of the collective subconscious.
i have committed no crime.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Thanks billybob.
I have read most of that article previously and it is about gov�t and corporations particularly mass media and how they manipulate the general public ie.

At the outset of World War I in Europe, President Woodrow Wilson (1913-1921) had to devise a way to convince the primarily pacifistic American public (still reeling from the effects of the Civil War) to want to send their boys thousands of miles away to fight a war that didn't involve them�the Committee of Public Information, also known as the Creel Commission. Made up of cartoonists, writers, editors, publishers and others whose profession was to convey information to the masses�were, within a year, able to turn the American people into a fervent anti-German population.

billybob, posting a link to an article about mass public control is not a crime, what would make you think it was?

SeekerOf

I don�t understand this statement, is it intimidation of billybob?

If it were this would demonstrate an information control tactic of intimidation of anyone either with information or interesting in information.

Seekerof, most of the replies so far have been on the negative end of the scale, this in itself demonstrates tactics for information control. Wake Up
This does not border on slander, is not a false accusation and is not a false premise; especially when those tactics for information control are demonstrated right here in this thread.

Kano

This thread is about information control, the tactics used for information control and how it relates on ATS.

How someone treated you in u2u or how you treated someone in u2u is behind the scenes not something out before the public that can be proven other than your word for it. Therefore any issue you have with ET3 is irrelevant unless you do want to go public with whatever that issue is.

I will state again, I saw an oddity; I started a thread as a result of that oddity.
There does seem to be some truth with that oddity because many of the responses so far do fit in a category for methods of information control.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Just an observation: The "posts" that are over 4-5 sentances long are not read. SAS (short attention span). People rarely (and this is a very sad commentary to ALL of us) read....
Knowledge is power - reading creates knowledge!

Just a thought! TypeT

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
I have noticed that many of the things that I consider to be important, and that I have started threads about, get six or seven responses and then fall off the map, deep into ATS obscurity. I know that these issues are important to those who try to stay 'in the know', as I have received applause for them, but generally the members aren't interested.

So, if it seems that the important issues aren't being addressed, as I feel it does, it's not because those threads are being supressed. Consider this site just a small representative cross-section of the world, and the fact that a proportionate amount of members on this site are just as apathetic as the whole.

DC, I will have to agree with you here. There's been topics I have posted here that I thought would knock folks socks off, or at least get a good response...not.
There seems to be different reasons folks come here to post. Some are UFO buffs. Some love to debate God topics. Some are here to have fun.
Some are here to seriously learn and deny ignorance, on various levels. And some are here to undermine those who are seriously trying to deny ignorance.
You all know which group you belong to

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
TypeT, I agree, so let's try to work together to deny ignorance.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
FI...

Seekerof, most of the replies so far have been on the negative end of the scale, this in itself demonstrates tactics for information control. Wake Up
This does not border on slander, is not a false accusation and is not a false premise; especially when those tactics for information control are demonstrated right here in this thread.

You see, the problem is that you nor this thread has demonstrated nor shown any type of information control being exhibited by members here or the staff.
You made an allegation..back it up with facts, links, something other than your continued twisting of words and continued assumptions...k?
Look up the legal word defining slander....

seekerof

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Reread the thread, read all the posts carefully, now do it again, and then read it again. The last tactic after evidence is shown. DENIAL! ! ! Thank you SeekerOf for the last one.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   

How someone treated you in u2u or how you treated someone in u2u is behind the scenes not something out before the public that can be proven other than your word for it. Therefore any issue you have with ET3 is irrelevant unless you do want to go public with whatever that issue is.

Exactly, thats why it will not be discussed in public, the issue was to do with ET3 and his behaviour. Those communications however are what the decisions are based upon once a member has been put on global ignore. If a member chooses to be immature in the u2u's and continues to spam the board. What the hell would you expect us to do?

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
There are the basic levels of tactics:

A REFERENCE GUIDE FOR RECOGNIZING POLITICAL / SOCIAL CONTROL TACTICS BY POWER BROKERS, LARGE CORPORATIONS, PUBLIC RELATIONS FIRMS AND GOVERNMENT ENTITIES (AND SCHOOL ADMINISTRATORS)
Environmental Information Network (EIN) Inc. or Here

Tactic 1 -- make it impossible for people to be involved.
Tactic 2 -- Divide and Conquer
Tactic 3 -- Packing the Meeting
Tactic 4 -- Economic Blackmail
Tactic 5 -- They will give the appearance of action without doing anything
Tactic 6 -- They will give you a Red Herring, or get you to Chase the Wrong Bunny
Tactic 7 -- They will refuse to give out information, or make it impossible to get it

It seems some are running around trying to close the barn door but the animals are already in the neighbours� corn.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Right, so what would you like people to say that would set your mind at ease?

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Kano, do you get fined 50 points for one sentence?
Like I posted, these are basic level tactics.
Your so funny, ease my mind, which is not at unease but this question does not have anything to do with the control of information, the tactics used and how that relates to ATS other than being a tactic, Thank You Kano.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
What? Isn't talking about the 50 points a DIVERSIONARY TACTIC!!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!.

Seriously, what could anyone possibly give as an answer that you couldn't just turn around and make it into one of your theories?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join