It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like were goign to have another BAD day today.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
ASIAN markets are down HUGE! and are plunging right now.

they are way worse than what happened here in the US!

Plus with the momentum we had today in the US markets, it looks like were going to bottom.

But the question is.. Where is the bottom!

When will we bottom out. I haven't seen such a quick and massive drop in stocks in my entire life.

This is way more drastic than the 87 crash.

Anyways ill be posting updates and any valuable information plus ill do my best to clear up any questions anyone may have.

Also, people make a point in pointing this stock crash to your friends and family. Most people have no idea that anything is going on. This i history in the making. But a lot of people have not the slightest idea how epic this really is.

THIS IS HISTORY.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
well... that sucks.

I don't know what else to say. Everything is made in China nowadays.

If Asia falls, you can bet we're going to fall closely behind it...

but don't worry too much. Stuff happens!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Not to mention Iceland is about to go bankrupt as well.

Iceland Teeters on the Edge of Bankruptcy

This is going to be interesting to see where this all goes. I am wondering how much of this all was planned and unplanned.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
/enter stage left, the NAU! /enter stage right, the Asian Union. Ta-Da! The NWO!

/claps

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
WOW, haha if an entire country goes bankrupt this could be just another bullet to the foot.

Yeah it will be telling to see how the Europe markets will react. Im pretty sure they will open way lower. Just wondering if they will be able to hold the ship.

I figured we would go down and quick but i couldn't have imagined it would have been this rapid. The dow jones 10 year chart looks like one of those huge roller coasters you see at six flags (huge US theme park) that just gos strait down.

5 year DOW jones chart
NOTE, in the chart the line goes all the way to 9500

[edit on 8-10-2008 by ghostlandseller]

[edit on 8-10-2008 by ghostlandseller]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
OMG!!! Your right. look at those stocks fall.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar
Not to mention Iceland is about to go bankrupt as well.

Iceland Teeters on the Edge of Bankruptcy

This is going to be interesting to see where this all goes. I am wondering how much of this all was planned and unplanned.

Not just Iceland. I just heard on Cnn that Japan has pumped money in it's banking system for the last 20 days and just yesterday pumped billions into it and yet it is still falling. How long can countries keep doing this?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I read yesterday that Pakistan was close to bankruptcy also.
Will be an interesting day.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Fire up the printing presses? .. more paper money? .. more inflation? .. you cannot pay debt with debt, the jig is up, we know the game, .. if the people printing the money are asking for interest back on the money they are printing, how the hell could they possibly get money back? ... print us our "interest" money? honestly who throws a frickin' shoe?

We need to stop focusing on this crap, and focus on suppressed technologies and suppressed patents for things that will fix the planet and advance the entire planet.

ENOUGH PROFITS, The Prophets must die. We must be free.

[edit on 10/8/2008 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
also japan had 5.0 quake..

earthquake.usgs.gov...

[edit on 8-10-2008 by whiteblack]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Not everybody is doing bad....

Check out the Israeli Stock market...not bad huh? almost 5% up

finance.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Europe isn't doing too great this morning either!

UK government have just offered £50 Billion bailout for banks and already HSBC have said they won't be using it as they've no need. Breaking news is that Barclays will take part - their shares are down 5%

FTSE 100 is already down 3.96% in the first 40 minutes of trading. HBOS bank is down 41.54%, Royal Bank of Scotland down 39.23%, etc, etc.

Not looking good at the moment so I'll be watching closely today.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by Maya00a]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gateway
Not everybody is doing bad....

Check out the Israeli Stock market...not bad huh? almost 5% up

finance.yahoo.com...

Yeh I noticed how the Middle East & Africa seem to be doing just fine lol

Kind of interesting world karma? .. treat them like crap and money goes haywire.. interesting lol

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by dunwichwitch
Everything is made in China nowadays.

Does this mean that toaster ovens and T-shirts at Wal-mart are gonna get even cheaper?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Originally posted by dunwichwitch
Everything is made in China nowadays.

Does this mean that toaster ovens and T-shirts at Wal-mart are gonna get even cheaper?

Honestly they've(Wal-Mart) have been slashing prices like crazy (more so than usual), my opinion is to keep people buying and to keep people out in the stores shopping.

[edit on 10/8/2008 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by seejanerun

All the countries are doing that now. It is called crashing the economy further. Every single country in Europe, Asia, and the US is doing it. We just gave our treasury the right to join in on the action with our Central Bank is the only difference so other countries and anyone else can buy our debt too.

What that does is increase inflation TREMENDOUSLY... we are talking in hundreds of billions and ultimately in the trillions. The implications of this are not so obvious always, especially when it is related to an already diluted system of fraction reserve lending.

However there is something much more unprecedented.

Here is the big kicker. You don't notice it because EVERYONE is doing it, so all of the major currencies are holding their value in respect to one another.
In fact the dollar is gaining against the other major currencies for the most part.

See for yourself.

I haven't figured this all out yet in my head.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by Anonymous Avatar]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Well it looks like:

KLSE Composite 997.23 Oct 7 Up 0.39 (0.04%) Components, Chart, More

Just went up by .04% , poor money masters must be going nuts.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Oil is causing these things to occur.

As demand for oil increases the prices per barrel goes up and petrodollars flood the banks.

Our interest rates are too low.

There's money available people are just sitting on it because there not going to risk there money at these low rates.

What has happened is a HUGE bubble has burst because alot of this credit was given out because this is what the market was saying do. It was deceptive because petrodollars were clogging the system and people kept borrowing money as oil prices kept going up.

What should have happened is the Fed should have raised interest rates to balance out the influx of petrodollars which were keeping interest rates low.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wise Dome
Our interest rates are too low.

Well a global cut of interest rates tomorrow really isn't going to help then!? We keep getting fix after fix after fix and so far none of them have worked. After the interest rate cuts what will they come up with then?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maya00a
We keep getting fix after fix after fix and so far none of them have worked. After the interest rate cuts what will they come up with then?

The New Deal?
A one payer national health care system?
A comprehensive national energy policy?
A flat tax?
A jobs program to put people back to work?
Intfrastructure re-develpment?
A reform of campaign financing?

OH wait were talking about the government here. Nevermind.

I read an article in the New York Times that says that the problem with falling house prices is falling house prices. Maybe they just need to lend more money to a bunch of broke unemployed people to fix the problem?

[edit on 8-10-2008 by In nothing we trust]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join