It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like were goign to have another BAD day today.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
WOW this is looking awe full as of now!

European markets upened a tad down but have been selling off big time!

European markets are on average down about 7-9%

the DOW Jones futures are already down 300 points!!! We haven't even opened yet!

oil is very low also .down to $86 a barrel. thats $4 since a few hours ago.

and silver and gold are finally getting some steam. Showing some real fear.

But this is getting grousome. I was hoping the European markets would hold the roof up. Just hoping it would but clearly it isnt.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Another bad day for the money market

This writing has been on the walls for some time now and not many people took it seriously

I must say like many people on here i have been stocking food and water for a few months now and have started a veg patch Yes it's going to be hard but most of us will live on Let the whole money market fall and start a fresh

Let us go back to the old ways of barter for goods and create a better world and get back intouch with mother earth and let go of being materialistic

We are all equal, and i'm not a hippy and yes i have a home loan just like many other people.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I hear you! I got my parents place up in North Texas. Its litterly on the country side of an old fasioned German farming town. Its pretty much completely self contained. If this hits the fan, i will be living life there for a while then i will buy tons of stock at ROCK BOTTOM prices. than once i get to middle aged i will probably have one heck of a nest egg.

But nice big house, lots of gardens, a very plentiful well, and a large man made lake for cattle about a mile away. even a pool! haha

Im really interested to see where we go this entire week. If this really does go down. This could be a nightmare. I just wonder what our government will do if people really start panicking.

Because as of now the normal middle class American who works isn't to concerned. They hear about it, bu i don't think anyone has a clue that right now we are having a CRASH. they just kinda shrug it off like nothing is happening. Just give it time, they will feel it and they will start getting worried if things keep getting worse. The media will realize that this is epic and they will exploit the hell out of it. and i mean on other channels other than CNBC. And people will freak out, rush the banks for their money in hoards, act like everything is over.

This isn't likely, just my imagination going off, but this very well could happen if this crash continues at this rate.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
COORDINATED GLOBAL RATE CUT.....

down to 1.50% fed interest rate

Futures RISING LIKE LIGHTNING!

Dow Futures from -100 points to +230 points in about 10 minutes.

NOW its falling back down. to about 150+

.5% rate cut

This might save the day! How long will it last though? Interesting.

EDIT>..............

10 MIUTES LATER

Haha, Well its not holding too well. Dow falling back down... now at +50 for the DOW futures.

It seems the feds should just chill out and let the market do its own work. Ifthe govornment jsut keeps trying to fix it and it keeps going down then were jsut going to make it immune to it.

Give the market a damn break!

[edit on 8-10-2008 by ghostlandseller]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostlandseller

Yep, probably won't hold. The worse part is, they got nothing left to throw out there, so if this fails too and the markets continue to fall today......

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostlandseller

Looks like an up day to me.. Futures 128+

PS futures the night before where not so bad and we where -500 soo lol.. I don't like futures..

[edit on 10/8/2008 by Rockpuck]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Its hard to say what will happen today now. It was dead on going to fall earlier. Now with this coordinated fed rate cut, im not sure what will happen. Initially it will be up, but who knows what will happen once the market opens and we digest the news. this is interesting. But i think it will work for a while and then it will continue to sell off, But its just as likely to have a buying frenzy.

It was looking just awefull earlier in Europe but they have been flooded with HUGE positive news and now there closing about even. Pretty incredible wit hthe news they have received.

You tell the Europe markets they will get a 3 point bailout plan with 100's of billion dollar to help out and a international coordinated fed rate cut and it closes even. Granted the markets were down nearly 8%, it still the close of the bell that will stick in peoples heads. "after all that we close even!?" And if they dip before they close...than that just looks even worse. People are quick to forget what happens in the time between the opening and the closing bell.

But this is also good news for the US market. It will for sure have a strong opening. But its pretty unpredictable after that. Its all about how the people react, but its hard to say, i know so many people who are pulling (selling) their money from the markets till things settle. so with so many people dong this i think just naturally the markets will end lower. The traders and people are jsut scared at this moment.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
How many more tricks do they have left? Yesterday was commercial paper, today a rate cut. What about tomorrow? Friday?

The Fed/Treasury cannot keep gimmicking each opening.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I think if Wall Street buys into it, the market will be up and will go on a run for a while until the polish wears off the apple and everyone comes to the dull realization that things haven't changed. We're still leveraged out several generations, we're living beyond our means, the greedy will continue to parse their profits off our backs and the system will not change.

Inevitably and invariably it will collapse at some point.

On the other hand, Wall Street could send a clear and definite message to the government . . . get your damn greasy fingers out of the pie and let the winds of economics take it to its own level at which point we can start to rebuild a culled economic system.

I'm figuring that based on the 'live now pay later' way of life will win out and it will be the former as opposed to the latter.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
HMM, well now its being shoved down because most of the earnings from retailers have just come out and there lower then expected. And they were already pretty low. Which shows that people are just not spending as much money.

Plus the fed rate cuts don't seem to be as powerfully as they were were hoping.

The only retailer with better than expected profits was WAL-MART! Haha

go figure.

But were completely even as far as the futures are concerned. actualyl a tad back to the negative side..

Europe markets are starting to have a strong sell off too now that they have had some fun with the good news.

It looks like its going to be a roller coaster ride this morning. the markets arent even open and we have gone from +75, -250, back to +150, now back to -75 for the dow....THSOE ARE HUGE MOVES for futures prices.

DANG 5 MINUTES LATER DOW IS DOWN TO -210!!! MY GOD! Things are going absolutely insane this morning people!

[edit on 8-10-2008 by ghostlandseller]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Get your popcorn ready it's about to start.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
HAHA, i think i might need some steak and eggs to get me through this one. haha

This is crazy, DOW is down 290!!!! and European stocks are way down and falling!

The open will be incredible. This day will be EPIC. All this good news and it does NOTHING! Were totally screwed if this thing starts tanking. People will be pulling their money out in floods.

This is the most intense i have seen a premarket!

All i can say is WOW This hole week has been WOW

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
It looks like chaos in the european markets! Down by 8% mid morning, then huge rally after the UK bailout news, then tumbling right down again. Nearing close now with FTSE down nearly 6%, French and German stock exchanges down around 7%. Madness!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
OK, seriously, what happens if an entire nation just goes bankrupt? Do they just cease to exist? Does everyone just move somewhere else? Do they get bought out by another country like Britain and converted to whatever? What is the economic fallout of not having Iceland anymore? If foreign investment is heavy do they divy up the land and split it like Germany all those years ago? Talk about witnessing history!

[edit on 10/8/2008 by secretstash]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
^ I'd call that a free land

It's kind of funny how post bailout and interest cuts it's still in the red. I guess wrapping band aid around a slit throat just delays the inevitable. After watching the second zeitgeist movie I got even more convinced that the monetary system is one big scam art. Crash! And let us rebuild from ground 0.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by broli
^ I'd call that a free land

It's kind of funny how post bailout and interest cuts it's still in the red. I guess wrapping band aid around a slit throat just delays the inevitable. After watching the second zeitgeist movie I got even more convinced that the monetary system is one big scam art. Crash! And let us rebuild from ground 0.

I agree with that. I have been sitting here wondering why I am hoping things just fail, and thinking good lord what is wrong with me. However I think it is what needs to happen, we dont need rate cuts, or bailouts, we need a do over.

JSR

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
hey....go here to yahoo chart of the dow.
yahoo dow chart

you can see that the dow is following a trend line down since oct 6th, when it poped up. imho, there is no bottom yet. it could trend down, and keep going that way, untill something very significant changes. and, im not sure what that could be.

-----------------edit------------------------
fix link

[edit on 8-10-2008 by JSR]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dlongwell547

I couldn't agree with you more. My partner and I just discussed this in exactly the same way over dinner

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by dlongwell547

I think the world needs to get away from america(anglo american world), personally, so your right.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Well long day, not as much movement as i was expecting. I saw more movement before the market opened. But it looks like its going to end on a low note.

If we close lower today that wont bode well for tomorrow. or the international markets going into this evening.

Right now the dow jsut dropped to -150 with 5 minutes left.

Looks like people are starting to get out before the close. which leads me to believe today was jsut based on the fed cuts alone. We chewed it up and spit it out.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join