It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martial Law Clarification

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I have noticed many threads containing Martial Law paranoia. It's obvious that there is confusion when the term Martial Law is used by Congress.

Here's an attempt to clarify it:

Martial law (Military)

Is the system of rules that takes effect when the military takes control of the normal administration of justice.

Martial Law (Congressional)

It suspends the normal procedures and safeguards and allows the House Leadership to operate in a more authoritarian fashion. It enables the Leadership to seek to ram a bill or conference report through before the Members have the opportunity to fully understand what they are voting on.

Every time you hear the words Martial Law, it does not mean we are under military rule. Enough with the paranoia!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheHunted

Martial law (Military)

Is the system of rules that takes effect when the military takes control of the normal administration of justice.

Every time you hear the words Martial Law, it does not mean we are under military rule. Enough with the paranoia!

Military takes control of normal administration of justice. Sounds an awful lot like military rule to me. I guess you must have some other definition.

And congressional martial law is just as bad. We have seen what happens when congress does not get time to read through a bill...

[edit on 7-10-2008 by somedood]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Ok thanks, what I'm implying is when Congress declares Martial Law stop freaking out as if some G.I Joe is going to knock your down. This thread is to distinguish between the two.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by somedood

Originally posted by TheHunted

And congressional martial law is just as bad. We have seen what happens when congress does not get time to read through a bill...

[edit on 7-10-2008 by somedood]

Yeah the USA Patriot Act....

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Or the bailout bill

Any time a law can be presented and voted on in a shorter time than it takes to read it is a very bad thing. Honestly that kind of scares me more than the jack-booted thugs hanging out in town for a few...

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TheHunted

No one on ATS ever thought when the congress was under martial law that a G.I..JO will be come knocking at our doors. we know it was only for congress not a declaration of it on the U.S citizen.

However rumors are saying today is the starting point to use martial law on the U.S citizen but this is no a full blown out scale. What I heard was the military are supposed to post some people by banks to protect them and to also report any riots occurring.

Now today I don't see any of this. This just means that the U.S gov is ready if things get bad. So I am just assuming that today is nothing but the start of watch and react type of thing.

they are just going to see how bad it's going to get but they are ready today if anything gets bad... economic wise.

so if no riot breaks out and the economy does not get to it's worst we will not see a martial law.

So far Today Dow is down. Yesterday I was surprised that the Dow reached a -800.

Well I was just saying that your post is not right about us ATS members freaking out that congress was under martial law so we freaked thinking that it's also on us.

If you really read the last couple of post on martial law on cngress you will then see us talking only that it was on congress no the whole U.S. We were fearing that thinking if the congress was under this then how long would it take them to use martial law on the U.S. citizen. This is where the fear was not fearing that congress got martial law and thinking a military dude will knock at our doors next.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by computerwiz32

I apologize, I should have been more clear with my clarification. Not all ATS members confuse the two Martial Laws. But to say that every one understands now would be like saying no one here believes in the Hollow Earth Theory, our moon is artificial, or my favorite the world is ran by reptilians.

There are still a few people out there posting that the Martial Laws are one in the same. Or atleast some of the threads I have read.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join