It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin says Obama comments disqualify him from whitehouse

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

She then slammed Barack Obama calling him disqualified to be President of the United States, “Some of his comments that he has made about the war that I think may — in my world– disqualifies someone from consideration as the next commander in chief.” Palin said, “Some of his comments about Afghanistan and what we are doing there supposedly– just air raiding villages and killing civilians. That’s reckless. So I wanted to talk about things like that. So I guess I have to apologize about being a little annoyed, but that is also an indication of being outside that Washington elite and being outside the media elite also and just wanting to talk and just wanting to talk to Americans without the filter and let them know what we stand for.”

palin comments

Id like to know what dq's him.
This is front page material on drudgereport. I think its laughable.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread Page):
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

[edit on 3/10/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
She believes that because Obama has publicly opposed the war he doesn't represent the values of the everyday citizen, that he is in fact making what all those soldiers did overseas seems like it was worth nothing.

Well... all those casualties overseas were essentially meaningless, and really amounted to nothing. Their presence in the Middle East added little additional security to the U.S, but for the peace of mind afforded to the vast millions, controlled out of fear by their government. Now any soldier disagreeing with me is obviously not of the psychological condition to reply rationally, and his opinion can be discounted as simply a means to add value to his sacrifice. Like, come on, you lose an arm and a leg and it has to amount to something, right? Wrong.

All this shows is Palin's ability to manipulate through threadbare politicizing. Obama is incredibly studied in these issues. Palin has no such experience; she is wholly ignorant of the entire happenings of the Middle East, its cause, and its future.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by cognoscente]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I think Palin hinting that if elected she would want more power as Vice-President disqualifies her as being a logical and reasonable human being.

That was, without question, the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard come out of the mouth of a candidate running for Vice-President of the United States of America.

...that's including Quayle and Stockdale, too. So yeah...that was pretty bad.

She better recognize!

She ain't Dick Cheney, yo!

(I would've LOVED to have seen Cheney's reaction to that, by the way. "Silly girl," he said. "Don't tip them off to it...just take it. Rookie." *shakes head*)

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

So I wanted to talk about things like that. So I guess I have to apologize about being a little annoyed, but that is also an indication of being outside that Washington elite and being outside the media elite also and just wanting to talk and just wanting to talk to Americans without the filter and let them know what we stand for.”

That's so fake and scripted, no doubt the republicans will eat it up. Artificial sincerity seems to be a required trait of party members from what I've observed.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Anyways, we're supposed to be voting for the President and his platform.

The only worthy Vice Presidents were the first two.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by cognoscente]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
The uninformed, foolish, politically motivated lies that Obama and other Democrat Bush haters said when they claimed that US troops were intentionally and willfully bombing and killing civilians was one big lie and a complete load of crap.

Any politician who would even suggest such a thing certainly is not qualified to be commander in chief, but should have been taken out and shot for treason.

Irresponsible, immature, lies like that provide comfort and aid to the enemy. Not only Obama, but a handful of Senators and Congressmen should have been arrested for treason, court-martialed, and if found guilty, immediately executed by firing squad.

Those of us who fought in Viet Nam heard all that same stupid crap from even John Kerry back when he was trying to make a name for himself. He is a fraud and outright liar. And now the "honorable" Senator. Some honor.

You think soldiers want to have a commander in chief who will publicly accuse them of doing things they don't do? Do you think they want a commander in chief who wants a "date" for a pullout, enabling these Muslim radicals to take a break, heal their wounds, recruit more of the same, and sit tight until the pullout date comes, and later have to go back and start from scratch?

I've noticed the education system of this country going right down the crapper for the past couple of decades. Truly a dumbing down, and such irresponsible understanding is the result. Maybe we do need an apocalypse to thin out such stupidity. My God. You make me ashamed.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
The uninformed, foolish, politically motivated lies that Obama and other Democrat Bush haters said when they claimed that US troops were intentionally and willfully bombing and killing civilians was one big lie and a complete load of crap.

Any politician who would even suggest such a thing certainly is not qualified to be commander in chief, but should have been taken out and shot for treason.

Irresponsible, immature, lies like that provide comfort and aid to the enemy. Not only Obama, but a handful of Senators and Congressmen should have been arrested for treason, court-martialed, and if found guilty, immediately executed by firing squad.

Those of us who fought in Viet Nam heard all that same stupid crap from even John Kerry back when he was trying to make a name for himself. He is a fraud and outright liar. And now the "honorable" Senator. Some honor.

You think soldiers want to have a commander in chief who will publicly accuse them of doing things they don't do? Do you think they want a commander in chief who wants a "date" for a pullout, enabling these Muslim radicals to take a break, heal their wounds, recruit more of the same, and sit tight until the pullout date comes, and later have to go back and start from scratch?

I've noticed the education system of this country going right down the crapper for the past couple of decades. Truly a dumbing down, and such irresponsible understanding is the result. Maybe we do need an apocalypse to thin out such stupidity. My God. You make me ashamed.

Im responding to the insinuations from this poster. If my defense of John Kerry or Barack Obama is off topic, then so is the original post...

First, the attack of John Kerry and Vietnam. Hes not a fraud nor a liar.

A group funded by the biggest Republican campaign donor in Texas began running an attack ad Aug. 5 in which former Swift Boat veterans claim Kerry lied to get one of his two decorations for bravery and two of his three purple hearts. But the veterans who accuse Kerry are contradicted by Kerry's former crewmen, and by Navy records. One of the accusers says he was on another boat "a few yards" away during the incident which won Kerry the Bronze Star, but the former Army lieutenant whom Kerry plucked from the water that day backs Kerry's account. In an Aug. 10 opinion piece in the conservative Wall Street Journal, Rassmann (a Republican himself) wrote that the ad was "launched by people without decency" who are "lying" and "should hang their heads in shame." And on Aug. 19, Navy records came to light also contradicting the accusers. One of the veterans who says Kerry wasn't under fire was himself awarded a Bronze Star for aiding others "in the face of enemy fire" during the same incident.

truth

And again, pertaining to the OP and Sarah Palins remarks.... Where is the proof that Obama has actually said this word for word. I think this makes Palin's comments a lie until proven otherwise

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   

LOL! I called it!

Hang them from the rafters of the Senate! Disembowel them in front of their families! Sit them down and have them listen to Sarah Palin speak at length about hockey and whaling.

Could you possibly try to be offended any harder? I don't believe your sincerity for a moment, sorry bud. You're playing their game and letting them win, sending them the message that you will play your role, feeling as they tell you you should feel. Your analytical and emotional self is never enough, it's only a start.

You, along with everyone else that's pretending they've been deeply wounded and offended by Obama's comment; decided that it was objectionable only after Palin expressed to you exactly how you should feel about it!

No one interpreted it any other way than Obama had initially intended it until she opened her big annoying yap and called the lemmings into line.

All he meant was that the war in Afghanistan has gone on far too long, with too many civilian casualties and it's best to pull out, save innocent lives and hand over the reins to it's people, rather than further impose ourselves and continue with actions that regularly lead to unavoidable deaths. But you already knew that

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   

My Grandfather use to tell stories about what he and his buddies would do to the JAPANESE on IWO - dice em up, char broil em and leave them in pots at the mouth of holes and caves for the hungry JAPS to eat and suffer through the decision of starving or eating their COUNTRY men. My grandfather and his boys were also the most highly decorated on that island.

That is real war...

Then you go about attacking the intelligence of other members based upon some sterilized notion that the BUSH has drummed up. You hint at christianity, yet defend the most unchristian of acts of man. War and needless killing does not offend your morality or your intellect? What, prey tell, do you think the motivating emotion is when at
war, you should know?

It is most certainly anger, hate and adrenaline - the most base of human existence and farthest from intellect, education or god.

Second the notion of RESPONSIBILITY is a guiding force of BUSH - GOP domestic policy.

If you are sick good luck

If you are hungry get a job

If you can't get a job - once again good luck - NEIGHBOR!

YET it is perfectly fine to SUPPORT the IRAQIS without question?

Third GOP do not like taxes but you support this WAR which is a proxy tax?

$110,000,000,000.00 a year

John Mccain wants to reign in spending and eliminate PORK which often goes to benefiting the tax payer through public works.

However PORK only accounts $34.00 per person per year...

SO paying for IRAQI security is GOOD but spending much less domestically is BAD?

Finally the IRAQI'S have 400,000 men who have been trained by the best force on earth. They have $80,000,000,000.00 in the bank and it is high time they take responsibility for their own.

The hypocrisy BUSH and the GOP has spread is thick. Make room for our next president! History will NOT be on your side, our children will one day marvel at your cavalier and dark age perspective. BUSH will be the WORST president in history
and the sewage station on the shore will process his morality and tout his name long after he has rotted and descended into the bowels of hell!

[edit on 4-10-2008 by mental modulator]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator
Make room for our next president! History will NOT be on your side, our children will one day marvel at your cavalier and dark age perspective. BUSH will be the WORST president in history

Star for possessing common sense sir; a rare and scarce trait lately on ATS.

Can't wait for the election to be over and done with so we can return to sanity.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   

First off, your calling the democrats "motivated liars" over a war that was only to benefit to Bush and his oil buddies in the worlds second largest oil producer... Please.....

Each day that goes by, a new excuse rises from rightwingers as to the reason for invading and keeping troops in Iraq, its gotten to the point where its become a war of "honor" instead of reason anymore. Rightwingers refuse to see that this war in Iraq is without real reason, and this "surge" talk is only to divert attention from that fact.

Second, please give me a reference where Obama claims that US troops as a whole a murderers? Theres no denying that this war has exhuasted troops and support as a whole to the point where some may commit acts unacceptable, I dont blame ANBODY for highlighting that fact. But where does Obama preach against the troops?

This war was a LIE and rightwingers are only denying the real facts about why this war occured in the first place. This attitude coming from rightwingers where "Anybody who questions the war is unpatriotic or is against the troops" is a low disgusting tactic and a LIE. How DARE you and others use this excuse to score political points in favour of the war.

Irresponsible, immature, lies like that provide comfort and aid to the enemy.

Irresponsible as in going into a war without reason? Against UN regulations?

Lies? Like that there was WMDs, now its for terrorism and Osama? But since Osama is not there now its for a regime change? so since that excuse went down tubes then it drifted away from the reason for the war and now its for the "surge".

There only people providing comfort to the enemy are pro-war right wingers, because each day this war in Iraq drags on, it gives the people of the middle east more reason to be angry and willing to support the terrorists. Each day this war of lies is carried out in Iraq, Al Quada and Osama have recruits to fight what they see as the "occupiers".

Give it a break...

Not only Obama, but a handful of Senators and Congressmen should have been arrested for treason, court-martialed, and if found guilty, immediately executed by firing squad.

You mean if anybody questions the war and the ethics of the way the war is conducted, they should be arrested, charged for treason, court martialed and automatically found guilty by your account above.... im sure that sounds very similar to Nazi Germany. Is this what you rightwingers want?

Those of us who fought in Viet Nam heard all that same stupid crap from even John Kerry back when he was trying to make a name for himself. He is a fraud and outright liar. And now the "honorable" Senator.

Hell yea he is, Kerry served his nation well, its a shame people like Corsi lied on behalf of the rightwing machine to get Bush back into the whitehouse. I find it hypocritical that when its anybody who doesnt support the war, be it an average citizen of a vet, their marked as traitors by the right. And yet with mccain, nothing can be questioned.

My freind this isnt freedom, this is nationalism at its worse. And what your supporting overseas, the lies of this administration, its nothing different to those who blindly followed Hitler and being feared into believing war with Europe was necessary.

You think soldiers want to have a commander in chief who will publicly accuse them of doing things they don't do?

No they dont, and Barack Obama wont certainly be that commander and cheif. However a commander in cheif that supports wars without any legitimate reason, a commander and cheif willing to put his soldiers into harms way all for the sake the rightwing fear machine, Im sorry, soldiers dont want that.

Do you think they want a commander in chief who wants a "date" for a pullout, enabling these Muslim radicals to take a break

A commander and chief who wants to pull out of a war that had no reason to start with? A war that was built on LIES? Muslim radicals hey? There were no muslim radicals before Bush decided to invade Iraq and lie

heal their wounds, recruit more of the same, and sit tight until the pullout date comes, and later have to go back and start from scratch?

And tell us why on earth would you want to go into a nation without any legit reason again huh? Are we, the United states of America, the police of the world? Tell me, what were the original republican principals regarding war abroad dooper?

I've noticed the education system of this country going right down the crapper for the past couple of decades. Truly a dumbing down, and such irresponsible understanding is the result. Maybe we do need an apocalypse to thin out such stupidity.

So by your accounts, these last few decades... lets just say 30years shall we? about 22years out of that were controlled by the Republicans right?

Your really not making a good case for argument sakes here, Bob.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Here's what Obama said:

Why would he say such a thing?

How They See Us

We’d certainly rather see the Americans bombing Pakistan than bombing Afghanistan, said the Kabul Rah-e Nejat. The problem is that all too often, when the Americans drop bombs here, they don’t hit the right targets. U.S. forces simply flail at the enemy in an “uncoordinated” manner, inflicting more damage on the innocent than on the guilty. The constant killing of Afghan civilians has led to justified “public anger” and even renewed support for the Taliban. Afghans who once welcomed the Americans as liberators now view them as occupiers.

And Palin thinks Obama's statement should disqualify him from becoming president... Think about that. If Palin were in the position of authority and power that she seeks, she would apparently dq people who spoke against her or disagreed with her, even if they spoke the TRUTH!

She has a history of firing people who don't go along with her and appointing people who do. In her twisted way of thinking, Obama's statement makes him, what? A traitor? Does he not have a first amendment right? Where, in the Constitution does it say that a person's opinions and statements disqualify them from being ELECTED president?

Additional sources:
Slaughter, Lies in Afghanistan

Civilian Casualties in Afghanistan

I realize that facts are irrelevant to the McCain campaign's messaging at this point, but Sarah Palin's sustained criticisms of Obama as "irresponsible" for his remarks on Afghanistan betray a basic ignorance of how much of a liability civilian casualties are to the the mission there.
The remark came at a time when an AP count showed that American soldiers had actually been responsible for the deaths of more civilians in Afghanistan than the insurgents they were fighting, something which was a cause for serious concern from Afghan President Hamid Karzai

More civilian deaths than insurgent deaths is OK with Sarah? And we need not even mention it? :shk:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
What I don't get, what I can't wrap my head around is this whole 'winning' in Iraq argument. Winning as defined by whom? How will we KNOW when we've won? Based on whose criteria? When a government is installed? When they vote? When their trolley system is running? But what if 'insurgents' are still killing people, assassinating gov't officials, blowing up their trollies? Have we STILL won? Who says? Bush? McCain? Some puppet politician we install there? Just because someone says it doesn't make it so. Flash back to 'Mission Accomplished'.

This war can't be 'won'. There is no warring nation to sign a peace accord as there would be in a comventional war. This is a non-conventional 'war'. It is, therefore, open-ended. We pick some random event, call that victory and go home 'winners'.

But it very well may be too late. The economic devastation the financial impact of funding (and borrowing to fund) that war has caused may make 'winning' a moot point. We've traded our domestic solvency, security, economic stability and quality of life for Bush's war. Mark my words, within the next 1-2 years time we will be looking at the Iraqi people as the more fortunate.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by jtma508]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
None of the candidates have what it takes IMO. None of them are qualified to serve as Commander and Chief. They MIGHT be able to squeeke by as President when it comes to the BS desicions...but then again ANYBODY could.

I sit back and laugh at ALL these posts and threads concerning the candidates. People in this country have NO IDEA what a TRUE leader is anymore. People have been lied to, brainwashed, bought out, undereducated, manipulated, etc, etc, etc... for SOOO long that they just don't know the true meaning of leadership anymore. Its gotten so bad that people EXPECT to be lied to during debates, and people ACCEPT it when a candidate doesn't fulfill any of their obligations.

People in this country are the reason its in such dire straights! People don't care about the lies, the deceit, and games as long as it doesn't directly affect them here and now. And to be dumb enough to expect ANYONE to be elected and walk into office and change it all for the better...boy have you got another thing coming.

You want AMERICA back to her TRUE form, you better understand what it will take. You want this country to be what it once was..FREE...oh boy oh boy...just take a look at some of the threads on this site..and that will prove to you, we will never be free again...the measures it would take to FREE this country and get it back to what our founding fathers made it...would take a thought process not found in many people these days, thats proved daily right here on these threads.

Sorry but to get back to what the US was founded on and built on...will take alot more then what most are willing to sacrifice. So sit here and be a part of the game called politics...call them names, bash one another for picking sides, etc...in the end...the hole this country is in will just keep getting deeper!

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

That's a fact. I can't stand Obama or McCain. They are both FOS, but of the two, Obama is a well-spoken idiot. I recall the last well-meaning idiot we had and that was Jimmy Carter. Disastrous days.

When he went overseas recently to visit in Iraq, he went there for a photo opportunity. He didn't talk to or socialize with the troops at all. I was talking to a guy there when Obama showed up, and he was thoroughly disgusted with his blatant ignoring the troops.

Think about this. If you go hire on at McDonalds flipping burgers, I can assure you that you will not be District Manager with 143 days on the job.

If you get a job as a teacher, you will not be Superintendent after 143 days on the job.

If you join the military, after 143 days on the job, you won't be captain, much less general.

If you are a qualified surgeon, you won't be chief of surgery after 143 days on the job.

You can't hire on as a reporter and become nightly new anchor after 143 days.

You can hire on at the local 7-11 and I assure you after only 143 days, you won't be regional manager.

but -

from the time Barack Obama was sworn in as US Senator, to the time he announced he was forming a Presidential exploratory committee, he had only logged 143 working days of experience in the Senate. That's how many days the Senate was in session and working. 143 days and he's somehow ready to be Commander in Chief, Leader of the Free World.

I agree that neither man is what we need, but my God, of the two evils, I tend to choose the lesser.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Why is it that you believe the United States military is the only one capable of quelling extremism in the Middle East? Now that we've done our job, and secured the peace of mind of our citizens, and after we've spread our sphere of influence over the entire Middle East, and after our we have enabled Israel and its military intentions in that region; we have the responsibility to say we've done enough, and leave.

We won't have to start from the beginning. We now have a legitimate government in both Afghanistan and Iraq. The citizens of those countries are as opposed to religious extremism as are the citizens of this country, the U.S.A. And If you aren't aware, you so-called "military man", the majority of suppression of Al-Qaeda today is done by Iraqi and Afghan assassins themselves, and not by the presence of our Army.

And how can you personally believe that there are absolutely no mistakes made in war? Obama wasn't criticizing the army, he was merely pointing out the facts of a long extended escapade into a foreign country, where no military personnel is capable of feeling the pain and suffering they have caused to innocent lives, especially when they won't be held accountable for it... when they've ruined people's lives and have no fear of the consequences, and relatively little empathy for that which they effected.

Sarah Palin is wrong in her accusation that Obama's statement should immediately disqualify him of any potential tenure he would acquire as President. She's being a mother, in essence. She's censoring what's really going on, so her little children, the citizens of the U.S.A, don't have to feel the shame that they are so deserved of. And you, dooper, you who have submitted to her ignorant politicizing, are a result of that complacent behavior that is causing people like Obama to speak out against the crimes you have all committed.

And anyway, a President doesn't have to bow down to his military. He doesn't even have to be nice. In fact, it's probably better he totally ignore you. And anyway, the military has a long history of self preservation and institution. Having a President with different views as yourself is not going to affect it's political structure in any way. However, he should be scolding you because you deserve it. Even if you haven't done the things he mentioned personally, the fact that you are defending those that have, puts you in the same camp.

John Mccain wants to reign in spending and eliminate PORK which often goes to benefiting the tax payer through public works.

Yeah, John McCain wouldn't hesitate barbecuing all the pork in the country. In fact, he'd present it all on some fairly nice silverware.

Just take a look at all the pork on at the end of the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act that he, in fact, voted YES to last night.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by cognoscente]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

But he didn't say that.
If the truth really matters to you...

See what he DID say here.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join