It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush signs $700 billion financial bailout bill

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Hi There,

So there you have it...little in the way of surprise, little in the way of shock, much in the way of disappointment. If ever evidence was required that spoke volumes on the position of the ordinary citizen within the matrix of the society in which he/she participates, this was it.

You are mere vassals and chattel, spare tools to be used for the vacillitation of your master's profit and luxury; you are mere bus boys, porters, maids and servants, and you pay for the priviledge to be so. Everything that the founders fought for against a tyrannical British ruling class, America has become...I welcome all our American co-peasants to the European theatre of class rule.

Today, at work, we were given a presentation on how the company was performing, and during the presentation a little story was told that was supposed to highlight the difference between the Chinese and British employee. A British manager overseeing production at our Chinese plant in Shenzhen, asked a Chinese employee to fetch a tape gun at the other end of the assembly line. With a quick bow, off ran the little fellow to the other end of the line, and retrieved the item, then ran back to the manager with it, presenting it to him with another bow and outstretched arms as if upholding a ceremonial sword.

Such fawning courtesy would never be forthcoming from a British employee (or even American)? Yet, that is where they have us. We may be surly, insurbordinant, complaining, proud and prideful in and of ourselves, but we each are still in the same position as that little Chinese worker. We give thanks to the wealthy Levianthans that provide our meagre means of sustenance, our little comforts, and the small passive hours of the weekend when we can truly express our enjoyment at the positions we are given.

Let us put aside a moment to take stock and reflect upon our good fortunes. Let us all stand with our families before the portraits of our leaders and rulers, and as they nobly look down upon us as a master upon his favourite dog, let us smile benignly at our attainments, our opportunities, our worth...and then reflect and become aware...it is we that have allowed ourselves to become thus.

S'cuse me now, it is time for my Chinese language and fawning lesson.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Its time for a revolution, These crooks are raping our country. Why cant the Generals of our army see this and put a stop to it? They work for everyday Americans, To protect us and serve us not to let us get destroyed from within.

This must stop now. This has got to be as bad as living under the British kings back in the day. We had a revolution for a Tea tax and that was a good thing, Now we are taxed for everything and then they steal it. Can we afford to sit here and do nothing?

Are we going to sit here and wait for the U.N. troops to march on our cities as well?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
just finished reading the first page of posts...while i definitely don't know what the final outcome of this is going to yield, i do know that the government DID NOT listen to the people which it was put in place to serve. it is a truly sad day today. i hope we've all brought some lube to be able to take that monster...

*EDIT*: doesn't this bailout pass now count as "TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION?" shouldn't we take a page out of our forefathers' book? didn't they revolt when the taxing without being represented in british parliament became too much to bear? i guess we need to clearly define "TOO MUCH" cuz 700 billion dollars that we the tax payers will be stuck with paying doesn't seem to fall under that definition...

[edit on 3-10-2008 by cebadec]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
It's an interesting concept, that has been posed in this thread, that the passing of this bill has "erased the lines that have divided the people", and a true one at that. Today I have participated in correspondence with democrats, republicans, and other independents. All of which are usually "at each others throats" politically. Today however, something is different. I think we're all sharing the sentiment of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". Today, there have been no disagreements, no shots taken at each other. Once we were able to raise our jaws from the floor, we collectively shed a tear.

Each of us that has participated in this discussion have a responsibility. We have a responsibility to read the bill, in it's entirety, and educate ourselves on what it actually means. We must make ourselves fully aware of the real-world ramifications of this piece of legislature, in an effort to intelligently inform those who would not inform themselves about the dangers we are facing. We must further dissolve the lines that separate us a a people, and unite against our common enemy. Partisan bickering must be put aside, as we are all equally imperiled. It is our duty to inform those who would support the passing of this bill as to what it really means. Fortunately, there's not too many of them.

We must commission an Army of Truth, arm it's soldiers with knowledge and resolve, and go forth to the battlefield (which is conveniently your own neighborhood). Organize a meeting with those on your block, and grow it from there. We've got to demonstrate to others, that it is time to take action. Put down your beer, and press the only button on the remote that matters (the off button). Get out of the lazy boy and go tell someone you're pissed. Implore them to tell someone else.

Fight'em 'till you can't.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Dead cat bounce!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

Are we going to sit here and wait for the U.N. troops to march on our cities as well?

Unfortunately that is exactly what we are going to do, because even though we discuss and know certain things to be true it has been waged as a psychological war and has done it's job on our core thinking.

We know these things to be true, yet a part of us sits and waits for it to be proven as such because these claims seems so outlandish, and so many consider us extreme personalities, that is a sense we doubt ourselves and what we know to be true.

I just pray to the source of the power to the underdog that we will prevail. If in fact the war has already been won in other dimensions then we are merely acting out the scenario for growth.

Only time and experience will tell for sure.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Here's why the bill passed ladies and gentleman:

Supporters said the prospect of economic disaster superseded their political fears.

"I may lose this race over this vote, but that's OK with me," said Republican Rep. Sue Myrick of North Carolina, who switched her vote to favor the measure. "This is the right vote for the country."

You see they don't care that they're going to lose our vote, they know what's "right for our country", irrespective of what we tell them to do or what we feel is right. You see they no longer represent us they simply run the country autocratically based on what they feel is right or wrong. They might as well wipe out the voting and electoral system because there's no longer a point to it.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
That's it I am done.

I will vote for a retarded monkey before I vote for any of the Representatives and Senators that voted for this. They had a bill this huge and didn't even debate it? You have to be kidding me. They didn't look for alternatives? They added on pork incentives to get people to change their votes?

I don't know why they thought Americans weren't still angry about *this* version of this bill. Not that they care but I emailed them all again and told them I would actively campaign to remove them from office and I will keep my word to them despite what I feel they did to us today.

As if that wasn't enough, the market went down after it passed.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I've written a bedtime story that you can read to your children and grand children. It is on a new post. I'm not looking for posters. I've written many short stories, and I thought this would be appropriate for what happened today. I would like to just to read it:
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
As if the passing of this bill wasn't harsh enough. Have a look at this date in history.

October 3, 1913 Federal Income Tax signed into law (at 1%)

95 years to the day.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Hello to those of you who don't know what to make of all this and is zigzaggin between its the Fed's fault the chairman should be fired and its the goverments fault take a look at the new bill that has passed giving control to the fed (federal reserve bank) 1 its private owned that goes aginst the belives of the country and it gives them monopoly over your money meaning control over you, the country, and the goverment through dept to the bankers.. created from nothing.

now I know this is a youtube video and not worth much of a proof.
But it gives a look on the fed how it came into being and it uses fotage from the depression and presidental speeches that condem this as a criminal cartel of international bankers . it shows who gained what from the depression in the 1930's or was it 1929 ? anyways you will notice that its the same companies as it was then, that buys up property, smaller banks and other buisnesse that have faild in this economy of 2008.

www.youtube.com... in 5 parts

in this they mention important bankers, the trick then is to see who is behind ex: Jp morgan who helped them to riches who funded and helped them become what they are ...IMO there is only one answer Rothchilds !

I have been in doubt about conspiracies but this is in IMHO not a conspiracy anymore its fact ..heck even my goverment is buddy buddies with the Rothchilds helping our goverment giving investment advice oh my f god !

pls check it out and judge for youselves then look at who is sponsoring presidental candidates ect. international banks own goverments.. goverments control people and people pay to goverments..goverments pay..debt to banks created on a lie that paper actually have any real value..land...gold...water...materials...food... so when all is revealed we work getting housing and food that the banks and corporations own forcing us to work to gain paper that can be trated for food... stone ..rent..ect...meanwhile they have control because they can produce more paper since they have the monopoly more paper more power even though it is worthless ... thanks for you time

thats how it looks and feel to me ...btw when I say the banks own goverments I don't mean the little guys but the the ones you get to see like bush , rumsfeldt , fed guy (forgot his name) fbi cheifs cia cheifs and others that have been bought by banks on false value IMO.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by a-being-?]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Well it looks like we lost this little battle for democracy and freedom, but have we? What I suggest is that we "remind" people on the next election how our "representatives" in the House and Senate thumbed there nose at the American people, so when they vote for the encombents they will hopefully THINK and say HELL NO it is time for new leadership, ALL of those bums need to be replaced. The ONLY one that brings honor to the House is Ron Paul. I would also like to suggest that everyone explain to EVERYONE they know about Ron Paul and his sound fiscal policies, and how HE is the ONLY one worthy and deserving of the Office of the President of the Untited States, He would restore Honor to the Presidency and to America, it will be tough but unless we ALL work together we are all doomed to be a slave in the NWO

Good Luck..

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
OK! is it itme to UNITE,DEMONSTRATE and RECALL yet.We seem to have a common ground that we all agree on,"Freedom"Now lets Recall a few of these bottomfeeders and show that we are not as divided as they think we are........are we?Can you even imagine what these scumbags would do if a couple got recalled???

A nation of sheep will begat a government of wolves.Edward R Morrow(1908-1965)

[edit on 09/27/2008 by Battleline]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Remember tell EVERYONE to write-in "Ron Paul" in the upcoming Presidential election.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
www.boston.com...

6% default rate causes a "financial crisis"?? Its too complicated, we cant explain it too you. Let us handle it.

"Hedge funds argue that the real motive might be to avoid paying what lenders owe on complicated financial contracts negotiated on the mortgages.

Instead of having to pay on a contract at as much as 100 times the value of the underlying mortgage, "it becomes cheaper for some folks to buy worthless loans," says Harvey Pitt, a former chair of the Securities and Exchange Commission who represents a hedge fund.

Unregulated hedge funds effectively assumed some of the risk lenders faced when they issued mortgages to borrowers with risky credit histories. Lenders, in turn, agreed to pay hedge fund investors if the value of defaults soared on bundled mortgages sold to institutional investors"

So the lenders are still responsible for the mortgages they sell to hedge funds and others. With the broker was responsible for stocks that were falling.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Yep, they hurried to pass this bill to save everyone from the current economic crisis.

Now They are saying don't expect it to help the economy at this moment. The treasury has to analyze the situation and figure what would be the best way to go.

That means they have no plan in place.

They say it could take several months to a year for the treasury to come up with something.

This has got to be the biggest con of the century and Congress bought it hook, line, and sinker.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Good post friend. Rome is burning and the Neros are fiddling. The point is, they now know how to keep sticking their hands in our cookie jar until there are no more cookies. Bush is off to Texas to barbecue the American constitution. Pelosi is going home to count her millions, and Barny Frank is going to eat some Filet Mignon, and we are picking up the tab.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
They either refused to hear us, or refused to heed us. In either case, it is a demonstration of the status they have assigned to the tax-payer (serf).

I have heard many voices speak here...,

They speak of violence, non-violence, voting, not voting, screaming from the hilltops, and gathering into clusters of patriots devoted to reforming the government.

We must asses our situation clearly, without emotion. Understand we have only one tool at our disposal... Dissent. It is the jack knife of tools, and takes many forms. There is no point in assessing their strength, or their ever-present controls..., these are environmental conditions. The bit is in our mouth (the press), the blinders are on (the media), they have their spurs..., but we have more strength than they can ever contend with.

We must asses our own strength. I have ideas... but frankly, this forum is not suited for such discussions. When is the next time ATS'ers will gather? Must we rely on ATS to provide the common denominator. That would be unwise; and frankly rude to hijack their enterprise for something people in their situation must avoid.

Right now, let's see how much of America is awake. Directly. Forget media, forget press, word of mouth and direct observation is all that matters now. It's important to network now. Very important.

We did not choose the path of resistance, it was thrust upon us. I will not leave this monstrosity to my children. I did not bring prey into this world, nor fodder for their beast, nor grist for their mill. If this is to be my fate, then so be it.

To paraphrase MK Ghandi, there is no cause for which I am willing to kill, but I must accept that there is a cause for which I am willing to die. After 12-years serving my country, I have to say, I love her too much to simply watch her die.

We must not let this pass without a reckoning.

Collectively they are weak and stupid. And I can prove that.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
We all know of Ron Paul... and we also know that as soon as he would assume the Presidency, he would start procedings to abolish the Federal Reserve Bank. We also know what happens to presidents who mess with the money masters.. Lincoln, Kennedy I.E assinated.. If by the grace of god Ron Paul was elected every American would have to send a CLEAR message via you-tube, news media, word of mouth ect. That "Touch this President and you all will be exterminated, no matter how much "Plausable deniability" they would have.. In other words If Ron Paul were to be assinated that would be the rallying cry for everyone to pick up there guns and hunt down these bastards with NO mercy, No Court, just a rope. Anyone standing in the way would be traitors to the American people. The American People would serve as his bodyguards.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
None of you are ever going to do anything about this...EVER. They just hoodwinked us, and all we have to say about it is some crap blog to some stooge on CNN or FOX.

They threaten our congressmen with martial law!!! I say let em bring it on!!! They think the Insurgents in Iraq are formidable... I dare em to start policing the streets of this country with troops.

They're going to drain us dry of money... and have us begging for scraps off the table like a dog. Lastly they'll chain us to the wall by taking the rest of our liberties VIA the war on the word terror. Ha, you could say that's happened already...

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join