It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush signs $700 billion financial bailout bill

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by netwarrior

aww, but what about all our .22 brass or the crappy steel cases from all our russian surplus? Either way, still buy that firearm, and still get ones for family members. The family/neighborhood that shoots together stays together.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Also, to make it easy for each of us, here's the final vote results:

clerk.house.gov...

link   
7 more days, seven more days until October 10th, the date the timewave zero graph thing drops like a rock!
Interesting!

How does one stop a government like this?
Not by being predictable, they have strategies already figured out.

I guess the only option is to start a new government, by the people, infiltrate and slowly take over, there may not be any other way.
Get the army on the side of the people, lest they be against you and throw the bums out.

(Chavez style)

Other than that I don't know, it'll take a lot of co-ordination, co-operation, and planning.

link   
Gosh, all of a sudden, I'm reading ALL these posts from unhappy Americans, and I'm beginning to feel like I live in communist China or something. What happened to government BY the people and FOR the people and OF the people?

Wouldn't you agree, PUSH IS COMING TO SHOVE??

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Oh how great, now we are f****d!! I hope people get smart about this issue and not vote this November.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBaskettIV

Recycle it and use it to buy more ammo. I have a feeling each and every one of us are going to need every penny we can get.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I'm madder than a hornet, I feel like Shirley McClain in Terms of Endearment when she couldn't get the nurses to give her daughter a pain shot earlier than scheduled. She finally screamed "GIVE HER THE F###ING SHOT" -- I know I know, stay on the topic. But I'm mad and I'm not gonna take it anymore.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Why is everyone so surprised the bill still got passed?

Surely most of you 'knew' in your heart that this bill would still get passed regardless. Here at ATS we are more educated than most to the ways of how our governments carry out its domestic and international affairs. The fact that the US Government has gone ahead publicly against the wishes of the 'majority' can only mean that it needs this bill passed *now* in order to quickly push in further reforms/laws that this bill/law conveniently opens up.

Like the UK (who's people never had any say in its government's policies towards saving some of its mis-managed financial institutions) the American people now know their voices are largely ignored also. Efforts in 'Europe' to try and stop the inevitable have been cleverly side-stepped by sweeteners and mis-directions in domestic policies and largely played down in the media and this, I see, has and will be the case in the USA. All the government has to do now is keep up the pretence that the materialistic items we call our own (and take for granted) is there each time we wake up in the mornings and people will soon forget their initial anger. Its just business as normal..

By Christmas many people will have cooled down and their initial outrage/anger softened as they go about their busy day-to-day lives. Like the 9/11 tragedy, that shocked the western world to its very core, the relevance of this event will *also* fade into the history books...

Only when a situation like martial law is imposed will 'the people' finally wake up to the real reality that engulfs them, but of course by then it will be too late to do anything about it. The game of out guessing and out manoeuvring the people is one that has been played out time and time again throughout our history.

"We have restricted credit, we have restricted opportunity, we have controlled development, and we have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated, governments in the civilized world--no longer a government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and the duress of small groups of dominant men." Thomas Woodrow Wilson (December 28, 1856—February 3, 1924) From the book The New Freedom (ninth chapter)

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I doubt the government officials even realizes what they have truly done by ignoring the people. (their egos & wallets have gotten in the way)

They have managed to erase the party lines that once divided us resulting in about 90% of the nation being united on one thing, a disdain for their government. US history sort of proves this usually doesn't end well for the government.

I really think things are going to get dicey here soon, might be time to check on my ammo stock, you know, just in case.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Freelancer

IMO, I don't think it's shock or surprise, but more like a friend you trusted thrusting a knife into your back. You want to believe they wouldn't do such a thing, but not only did he do it, he used a bigger knife.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Beautiful ain't it. The Federal Reserve is unconstitutional anyway, and then the government introduces an unconstitutional tax (income tax) to pay for the interest they owe to the Federal Reserve! Quite a nice con

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

So can we the people put up wanted posters on street corners? That might put the scare into them.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I feel sick. This is absolutely terrible. The United States is as good as finished. Making the majority pay for the mistakes of one of the tiniest minorities in the country, the rich. I'm against violence, but we seriously need to stage a revolution and take back our country.

link   

Not when it's THEY who are making up the laws!

The Golden Rule---He who owns the gold makes the rules.

These criminals OWN our government, and for the time being, its tax-slave citizens...

link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV

So can we the people put up wanted posters on street corners? That might put the scare into them.

I think one should be made of Bush and Cheney also, that way we can tack em up all over the place. Laminate them, add magnets to them, and put them on your vehicle.

How about the one of Bush flipping off America? That would be a good one to use.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Ya know, the reality is, what do they have to be scared about?
Think about it, they've got the government on their side, the military, and the only one's who REALLY matter, are typing away furiously at our keyboards. We'll show them!

AB1

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lynn112

I really think things are going to get dicey here soon, might be time to check on my ammo stock, you know, just in case.

Watch the next move, to suspend the 2nd Amendment. It can't be far behind, especially if they think you're mad at them.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Are you angry because our "representatives" did not follow the dictates of their constituents, because you honestly want the credit market to fail, or because you don't understand how the various elements of the world economy are interlinked? If you believe that there is an "American economy" you have been out of school a long tiime. It isn't 1965 anymore, folks. When I was a grad student back in the 1970s, there was an all-night local talk radio station that took callers from these hairy-eared old geezers screaming about the Federal Reserve being a tool of the devil. I guess that's why I like ATS - college nostalgia!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Please join me, and 13 (so far) of my neighbors, in flying your flags upside down. It can no longer be construed, that the notion that the people, every one of them, of this country are in severe distress, is whack-job rhetoric.

[edit on 10/3/2008 by Unit541]

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join