It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush signs $700 billion financial bailout bill

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DemonicAngelZero
I feel sick. This is absolutely terrible. The United States is as good as finished. Making the majority pay for the mistakes of one of the tiniest minorities in the country, the rich. I'm against violence, but we seriously need to stage a revolution and take back our country.

Ok stage it...I fought way too hard for this country to see it go down in flames!

Ask me for my name, I'll GIVE you may name.
Ask me for my Residence, I'll give you my residence.
Ask me for my Money, I'll give you my money.
Ask me for my freedom and liberty, I'll go down fighting to ensure you NEVER have it.

AB1

link   

Originally posted by Office 4256
Are you angry because our "representatives" did not follow the dictates of their constituents, because you honestly want the credit market to fail, or because you don't understand how the various elements of the world economy are interlinked? If you believe that there is an "American economy" you have been out of school a long tiime. It isn't 1965 anymore, folks. When I was a grad student back in the 1970s, there was an all-night local talk radio station that took callers from these hairy-eared old geezers screaming about the Federal Reserve being a tool of the devil. I guess that's why I like ATS - college nostalgia!

You are right, it is not just about America, so I ask why are American's footing the bill? That is part of what we are mad about, at least in part for me.

link   
So they don't pass the first Bill which was just the bailout, but they pass the one with ALL THE GODDAMN PORK THATS GOING TO COST US AN EXTRA $100 BILLION?!?!?!?!?

I literally shouted out loud WTF when I first heard about this. This is a goddamn OUTRAGE. EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO VOTED FOR THIS SHOULD BE LOCKED UP IN JAIL FOR TREASON. I really, REALLY feel like doing something drastic now. I'm so sick of the way things are run in this country. Something needs to be done by US, THE PEOPLE.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Office 4256

No, we know it. But now, maybe it's just time to change.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

Watch the next move, to suspend the 2nd Amendment. It can't be far behind, especially if they think you're mad at them.

If they decide to go there, then I do believe they will have a civil war on their hands. Many people drawn the line at some point, the 2nd Amendment is mine and I think many feel the same as myself.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

If this bill was the line in the sand, as some have said here on ATS, suspending the 2nd is "them" crossing said line.

I stated a few pages back: "I DARE them to come for our guns".

We the people have slept through much. The 2nd however, is the alarm clock that will wake even the deepest of sleepers.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lynn112

Personally, I believe the line has ALREADY been drawn Lynn.

I think now, it's a matter of who's going to cross if first.

AB1

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
i set myself on fire after wrapping myself in barbed wire
sinister image left hand intrinsic vivid victim system
take the power back reactionary caption comic
capture comet rope hailey only revolutions circling perfectly
urgently earn pay check, your safe sex federal butt fu!k
steal my earnings and earn your safe threat
say, check the time you tepid swine
might i interject a line about setting the sine

i live in a barely veiled fairy tale failure
mine and theirs
nix the idiom eagle idol
bald headed old man bandit cheney
slay me; take my sword
pour back the wine back into the stein
bring me back into the heart of the rhine
allow me to flow while taking my time

heir apparent verily intended son of prescott
robbery in progress throbbing thermopylae

link   
Today, is as sad of a day as I can remember. My country has been lost to treasonous crooks and liars. I haven't been so profoundly saddened and yet outraged since 911. I've got nothin else.

link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

The people in power are scared. You can see it in their eyes. I think a gun has been pulled on the congress, the senate ,and the president. They sold the American people down the river to save their own hides. They will never be safe as long as they live from whatever scared them into selling their own people into slavery.Instead of fighting the beast they chose to make him more powerful. Eventually ,the beast will corner them at a time when they have nothing left to sell.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

You may very well be right. What they did today could be their downfall. I really don't think they have a clue how ticked off us "average jane's & joe's" really are.

We are finding our common ground & it is all based on our anger at them. Nothing like kicking the heck out of the sleeping giant. Then again, maybe they never learned from American History how this all goes down.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

They were scared, I agree

I don't think this is the case anymore. I believe they sighed a collective "relief" because they know that their "positions" are safe in the short-term. NOW'S the time for them to make money!! Woohoo the big dogs, playin with OUR money, when does it get any better than that for them?

Right now, clearer heads need to prevail. As GWB has said SO many times "ALL options are on the table" I wont condone nor will I reject that FORCE may be necessary, but clearly, as has been said to US (not that we matter), SOMETHING must be done! Yet, whatever that something may be, it has to be calculated, decisive, and swift this i WILL say, if there IS no swift response, then there will be NONE, as another poster had said before. After the angst, will come a state of resignation, where we are ALL resigned to this "New World Order", because, have NO allusions, this IS a NWO.

AB1

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lynn112

Very true Lynn, thats a good point.

"Tom, do you think it's hard to do the right thing?"
"No, doing the right thing is easy once you know WHAT the right thing is..what's REALLY hard, is knowing what the right thing is and NOT doing it!"

AB1

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian

My condolences to america, as much as I believe you as a nation are due karma for your foreign policy and internal authoritarism, I did not want to see you go down, and I now believe that it's all but inevitable.

Unfortunatly, America is made up of people. They don't deserve whatever karma you think they are due for. Kharma is a bunch of bullcrap anyway and is used by people to serve their own hatred for whatever. None of this was caused by the people, but the government. I'm sure your nations has a few problems so keep your kharma to yourself.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
So do we become apathetic and continue to wait?

Or do we prepare on our own individual levels.

As I said on an old thread a year or so ago.

America is the Great ScapeGoat.

We are the collateral damage in the big picture.

Open your eyes, we were never meant to be a superpower, but rather a fall guy for the true Power.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

Honestly, you can be apathetic AND prepared. Preparing on your own individual level is NEVER a bad thing, however, right now they KNOW that they have us in a "divide and conquer" arena.

Unless WE can close THAT gap, our efficacy is severly limited.

AB1

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone

Preparing on your own individual level is NEVER a bad thing, however, right now they KNOW that they have us in a "divide and conquer" arena.

Unless WE can close THAT gap, our efficacy is severly limited.

Very true words. The more that we turn and victimize each other the less of us THEY have to fool around with. My hope is that there is some gumption left in those who appear on the outside to be activated when the reality hits big time.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Well, I hope so too
However, I know this much about myself, I can speak for no one else, Im not afraid to stand alone, because for the most part, as 315 million citizens, right now we're the most alone people the world will see for some time to come.

AB1

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

You can otherwise understand karma as action and reaction, which I am sure you will agree is pretty universal. As for a nation of individuals, sure... at the personal scale I am sure there will be a lot of injustice, but at the national level this was pretty much a course the US took by it's complacency to greed and materialism and a lack of care for the consequence of it's international policy. While the world's elite rubbed you guys the right way, at the expense of pain and misery in two thirds of the world, very few complained.

As for my nation, Portugal, having problems. Sure, we have our post imperialist Karma, and we are damn well paying for it. This was not a holier than thou post.

Still, in the interest of democracy everywhere I wanted you guys to sidestep all this and reclaim the republic. Such has not, yet, happened. And if it is to happen it is very important that it be done as peacefully as possible, as the police state buildup is there waiting for mass riots. If enything, the in your face of this bailout vote was intended as provocation so as to allow Bush to call a state of emergency in the face of media exagerated riots and retain some aura of entitlement. Don't give him any, be smart, let the revolution be in evolutionary democracy, not armed conflict.

There are only a handfull of people that need to be set aside in all this, don't waste time with the shock police and the US army, all this is over their heads.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I am completely disgusted by this. the fall of American democracy is official.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join