It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

William Cooper... What is your opinion of him?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I'm still undecided on Cooper. I respect the man for what he did while serving his country in the military. But I've read "Behold a Pale Horse." And some of the things in there give me doubts. And it's not necessarily his accusations and conspiracy theories, either.

He included all his transcripts in the book from people he interviewed and such. OK, cool. I actually like that. But some of things he would say in those transcripts cause me to raise an eyebrow.

"You know, I just love this country so much."

"But I'm just trying to get the truth out there because I love this country so much and the people need to know what's going on before it's too late."

These aren't actual quotes, but examples of the type of things he would say in those transcripts - love of country, getting the truth out there before it's too late, the people need to know this stuff, etc. Which is fine and dandy. I don't have a problem with that. I just thought they were dropped at a time when they really didn't need to be. And it was repetitive - like a salesman repeating his best pitch.

That's not to say he wasn't genuine. He was definitely an intriguing figure and certainly qualified enough to speak on the subject(s). Nor do I dismiss everything he said. But I also look for the little things in someone to give me a better idea as to who they are and what they're intentions are.

Long story short - I'm still undecided on the man. Yet, I find him very intriguing.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MrVertigo

Behold a Pale Horse

Many ufologists striving for mainstream acceptance ignored Cooper, yet he became a popular speaker on the UFO lecture circuit, and expanded his account into the book Behold a Pale Horse.

Cooper is perhaps best known for this 1991 book which details many of his claims about various conspiracy theories. The title is from the Bible, Revelation 6:8: "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." The book includes the text of The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion. Cooper placed a notice at the beginning of the chapter that the Protocols were not Jewish in origin but were disguised as such.

Including The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion must have put him
on the ignore list for the media.

From the wiki link:
en.wikipedia.org...

Cooper later stated that he had been deceived by superiors into believing the UFO conspiracy

Yeah,thats vague... what exactly is the conspiracy?

The problem with wiki is that UFO truth is not allowed being that
the knowledge is classified.

[edit on 10/3/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Oh yea John Lear and his holograms

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Willam Cooper seemed very genuine at first until i did a little background research on him. Many people who worked with him said that some of his stuff was fabricated and taken by face value. I think he got some crucial things right but often blurts out wild accusations and would often do complete U-turns with his stories and beliefs. One minute he says aliens are real, then he says theyre a giant hoax. He once said that the aliens in the US tv series called "alien nation" the aliens were played by real aliens as part of a programme to get the public used to their appearance. He said bob lazar was genuine and then all of a sudden say hes a fraud and said he knew it since day one. He has been known to suddenly turn on people who question his conclusions and accuses them of working for the government. Sorry but for these reasons I dont trust a word that he says.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I thought that he was on the interesting and likeable side of crazy. His videos are worth a look if you havent seen them yet.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
First of all' "Hour of the time" was the greatest and I'm reluctant that I didn't listen to it more. Second Bill Cooper will forever be known as a true patriot..... PERIOD and anybody who says different is seriously misinformed. I don't agree with all of Bill's views but I can't fathom him purposefully telling lies to the American public... for what? no I believe he was telling mostly truth and the left over was close enough to "save face" with a gradual rotation to the "absolute truth" witch unfortunately he never got to tell in it's entirety. When I see the photo of him sitting on the couch in his home I feel like I know him.

Almost like a father would be. I truly believe that the world is worse off without him and I feel that the PTB killed him because of the information he so brave to release. Bill Cooper was a standing icon for the truth movement and should be remembered as such.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
You could argue that perhaps dear old Bill Cooper was driven borderline insane by the information he gleaned and that is why he often back tracks and changes his story so often. Personally, I believe he was a bit of a Walter Mitty character. Likable, polite- someone you could introduce to your mother but you just know by the time he left your mum would believe she had been abducted by aliens!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Bill Cooper is Alex Jones V.1.0. he gave just enough truth to FOOL YOU. the he was a front man paid to lead the flock astray and have a voice among conspiricists. then you have AJ coming in to get a piece of the pie and he turns out to be an even bigger traiter than bill and he looks and sounds the part of a "tin-foil hat". then the upper eschelon decides bill is just a liability since he may be on the fence about selling us out. sad story short we need a superhero :[

top topics

<< 1   >>

join