It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's 'space' walk filmed under water?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

The difference is that those bubbles are in a pressurized (and temperature controlled) environment. Water in space would freeze relatively quickly. And I'm not sure what would suddenly give it inertial movement away from the astronaut/suit, etc. It would simply retain it's motion relative to everything around it unless acted on by another force. What would that force be to suddenly shoot a water bubble (miraculously still liquid) through the vacuum of space?
After seeing how it rolls up the visor and then accelerates up after leaving it, I'm inclined to say it's an underwater air bubble -- and I'm about as skeptical as they come on this site.
Very interesting find. I'm impressed as I figured this would be another, errr, less reputable theory.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Any kind of liquid released into space would freeze immediately that is why space suits need to be insulated from the cold anything trapped in the suit would have froze to it. It wouldn't look like a bubble traveling around his visor.

And there out further in space then the shuttle goes and I can assure you there is no effect on because of speed in truth there in a perpetual free fall so if you took a piece of string and let go it drops the same speed you do so it doesn't move according to your point of view. Newton proved gravity pulls all object the same weight makes no difference.

As for the reason it was faked I believe that with the way china controls the media wanted to make sure the got good photo ops to capture there historic moment they were caught faking news reports. There was no need to pre wright the fake news report with the astronauts but they did. I do believe they actually launched the craft but the media was controlled and what they released and they have a tendency to make sure anything gets approved for public before its allowed to air.

PS This may also be the reason he had to fight so hard to get the hatch open it was either a poor design or they had to deal with water pressure.

[edit on 10/3/08 by dragonridr]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

Yes, it is different outside than inside and I guess it's time to look at some spacewalk video, but then these are completely different space suits.

How long would it take to freeze? I don't know I'm just guessing at this point. If the sun was down probably allot faster, but with the sun out it might be pretty warm inside that bubble.

Don't the space suits provide cooling in the sun and heat in the dark?

We have at least 2 private companies that have put craft up there and we've been doing it for 40 years from two different countries. I think the Chinese are competent enough to do what they say they did at this point and see no reason to doubt them.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency

How long would it take to freeze? I don't know I'm just guessing at this point. If the sun was down probably allot faster, but with the sun out it might be pretty warm inside that bubble.

Oh wow. I was really, really hoping someone would give me an excuse to post this:
Space Shuttle Water Venting
Everything you ever wanted to know about what happens to water in space.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
well, check on the video again on the 5:49 - on the right, there's a bubble from under the mask. Looks like a bubble to me..

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by GodForbid

This is classic. Not only can't you see any stars like you can from our missions, but the tanks on these guys backs, look just like SCUBA tanks. Divers use these types of tanks when they want to get up close and personal with large mammals in the ocean so as not to scare them off.

You almost pulled it off, China!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by KaiBosh

Kai....once again.....there WERE NO BUBBLES!!!!

Sorry for the capitals....but were needed for effect.

This entire premise, of this thread, needs to be explored more closely.

Every bit of the Chinese video shows nothing other than a 'micro-gravity' environment in a vacuum...not...I REPEAT not a liquid environment.

Unless you wish to suppose that EVERY video since 1962, from NASA was also filmed 'underwater'....it will take an incredible stretch of imagination to conclude that this si the case today.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
wow

that looks unbelievable

initial thoughts are the bubbles make it seem obvious its not in space
I've never heard of bubbles in space

also

the lighting
whats with that? it looks like perfect film lighting everythings exposed great from both angles

it would seem if 2 stationary cameras are picking up this footage that at least 1 of the cameras would have some exposure/lighting issues, especially when the key light is the actual sun unfiltered by our atmosphere, yet this seems picture perfect

also
whats up with it being perfectly stationary, shouldn't there be SOME movement between other then the astronauts, the cameras and the planet being perfectly still seems out of place

im not a professional space film maker but alot in this video definitely raise suspicion

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dramey
initial thoughts are the bubbles make it seem obvious its not in space
I've never heard of bubbles in space
If they are bubbles...

Considering that they do not look like bubbles, I don't see why we should consider them as such.

the lighting
whats with that? it looks like perfect film lighting everythings exposed great from both angles
It's called indirect lighting, the best way of lighting something.

The light is coming from the Sun and from the Earth.

It's visible that some areas have less light than others, it's not perfect.

also
whats up with it being perfectly stationary, shouldn't there be SOME movement between other then the astronauts, the cameras and the planet being perfectly still seems out of place
That's the whole idea of orbiting a planet, the distance between the planet and the orbiting ship is constant (if it wasn't the ship would fall or move away from the planet). Being on the ship, the astronauts move in the same reference as the ship, so, in the whole scene, the only movement visible is the rotation of the Earth and the movement of the astronauts.

im not a professional space film maker but alot in this video definitely raise suspicion
It does not raises any suspicions to me, maybe because I am not American.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
not bubbles, this is video from earth orbit.

if it were underwater, it would have to be optically pure water, and the movement of the flag, umbilicals, straps, etc... would be very different.

and there would be much more bubbling due to cavitation.

not to mention the exacting cleanliness of every object in the tank...

this thread is a real stretch.

the chinese will own space, they know where the future of humanity will end up, and they're taking steps to see that they are there first.

and good on 'em for it, since the states can't be arsed to do anything more substantial than send robotics to mars and cameras to saturn...

i dont blame nasa, i blame our so called 'progressives'.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

ArMap....you do not have to be an American to see that what appears 'obvious' to some, as "bubbles", can be viewed by more enlightened people as simply debris, caught on camera.

We have seen this same thing, over and over and over, from countless thousands of hours of space video....since 1960.

But, I have no need to convince you, ArMap....because you know how to analyze a video (or a still), and find the truth.

A true examination of ALL space videos will likely show similar 'anomolies'....to infer that he Chinese are 'faking it' is to infer that everything the USA and the USSR (now Russians) ever did were also 'faked'.

It is ludicrous, and beyond belief to assume such nonsense.

I have only my opinion to express here....though it is heavy with evidence...I hope my friend ArMap will use his/ner considerable skills to support this position.

Of course, if ArMap finds anything I propose to be false, then I want to see that, as well.

EDIT...spelling...well, context, actually. The USSR are now the 'Russians'....not the 'Soviets'...in fact, the "USSR" doesn't exist today, but it did during the 1960s,,,,so that was part of my point, if yo read history....

second edit...I need a new keyboard....the 'u' seems to be missing, cometimes...or, maybe it's the way I type....because I misspell a lot, hooe you get mny drift!

[edit on 10/3/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

My reference to not being American was because I have seen many Americans doubting everything that may have some good in it that comes from China and I have seen some display a disregard for the Chinese people that is worrying.

That is why threads like this, doubting or ridiculing a Chinese achievement, do not surprise me, I am now always expecting this type of thread about any Chinese achievement.

As for the video itself, as I said before, it looks nothing like an under water video, and the bubbles do not look like bubbles.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

ArMap.....I hope you read all that I post.

Yes, I am born in America. However, I DO NOT subscibe to the usuall expectation of assuming that SINCE I was born here I necessarily conform to the political bent, of the country of my birth.

I see China 'standing' on the shoulders of both Russia and the USA....using both of the rich nation's techonogy to build their own Space Program.

Now that 'China' has the 'wealth' (at the expense of their own people) they are embarking on their, realistically, long tradition of rocketry....but now they wish to follow in the foot-steps of Russia (old USSR) and the USA, to get into manned missions.

Here's the thing....China is using, if not their own innovations, possibly stolen innovations from both the US and maybe Russia.

I don't know. I saw the video of the Chinese EVA....and that EVA suit seemed very sophisticated....I think NASA should sit up and take notice!!!

(What I saw was an incredibly well-jointed shoulder, in the EVA suit the Chinese designed). It seemed to give the person in the suit a lot more mobility than anything I've seen NASA develop. Yes, NASA had to develop an EVA suit for A-15,16 and 17, so they could sit on the LRV. But, that focused on the hips and thighs.

The Chinese did it well, and I think it would help the entire human species to combine ALL OF our knowledge, and finally realize that we live on ONE planet. And, if we don't realize that 'nationalistic borders' are outmoded, then we are doomed to fail, as a species.

edit for a spelling error, the word 'subscribe'....sorry!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Interesting thread, but have you guys noticed that the flag movements do not act like they are underwater, the only way the can move that quick underwater is if maybe they fast forward to make it look faster like they are not underwater....

[edit on 3-10-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I am thankful for your presence on this thread. This underwater theory is silly.

WE all hate the Communists and we all know they lie about everything. It is safer for us to assume that China has had men in Space and had Space weapons for years now and that we are just now being told of this by the chicom media.

Those Red sons of chin probably have nuclear warheads orbiting right now and suicide astronauts with particle/laser cannons and DU rail-guns for orbital strikes on the West.

Bubbles? heck, that was us shooting at them... the Arsenal of Democracy at work....

The UFO - that was us spying on them during launch.

Don't kid yourself, those filthy reds are in space and it was the damn "Russian Federation" who helped them get there.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Quick question. Has such 'bubble phenomenon' ever been seen in any other spacewalk footage, US or otherwise? Or is this unique to the Chi-Com operation?

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Mirrors in both hands are pretty interesting. They show light source. I think it is above. Does it make sense?

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by hande

The mirrors are so they can see things that are not in their line of sight, but just near enough that they Could be seen if only they had a mirror - Well the communists brought mirrors.... one on each hand.

And mirrors can be used to watch the UFOs watching them.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Ok, but what you think of these 6 frames after 47s in 10min video. Strange reflections. Line in middle of mirror. That direction there is nothing???

[edit on 4-10-2008 by hande]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Ok, this is my last strange mirror reflection pictures.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join