It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's 'space' walk filmed under water?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by GodForbid

Sorry, but the way the flag moves, there is no way that it is immersed in a fluid. maybe some other theory explains the apparent bubbles.

-rrr

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

This is clearly the explanation. You only have to look at the flag waving to see this was not shot under water. It moves in exactly the same manner as the flag on the moon did and the flag that Mythbusters put in a vacuum chamber.

People see something that looks like a bubble and assume it's a gas in liquid because that is our everday expectation of what a bubble is. However, liquids can also form bubbles in zero gravity.

I know that water will freeze in space but if it had been ejected from the suit wouldn't there be a short time before the warm water froze? I'm not too sure about this but think it more likely than they filmed the whole thing in a water tank. Faking it in such a way sounds far more complicated than actually launching the astronauts into space.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
this is indeed a conspiracy forum and people see conspiracy everywhere.this whole huge project in which involved hundreds if no thousands of people working there,and they even declare the exact launching time and sold tickets to hundreds of people to witness the launch.and often the whole world attention was focused on that place,americans can even detect that china secretly shot down a defunct satelite,let alone something this big. and chinese must be good magicians to have three taikonaunts first entered the spaceship in front of thousands spectaters and later made them sneak away without getting anyone's notice...,huh,come on ,guys, have brains.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
to me it looks like bubbles of water or liquid, maybe condensation from inside the space ship, that are dripping off of the ship and the crew.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
The fact that the "Bubbles" move Upward in the Frame, regardless of the orientation of the "Taikonaut", speaks highly of a gravitational environment. In a Zero-Gravity or Near-Zero Gravity Environment (Such as in Orbit), Bubbles, whether they are liquid or gas, do not float in a given trajectory. Also, if these were Gas "Bubbles" from a Suit-leak, the Taikonaut would be dead from Explosive Decompression, and Freezing Temperatures.

Actually, to be honest, they appear to be drops of something falling away from the "Taikonaut", or in other words, the "Space-Walker" is hanging upside down at 1:05, during the first mentioned incident, then they are oriented right-side up during the second mentioned incident at 2:35. It could be something as simple as condensation on the suit in hot-studio lights. I say this, because the whole set of circumstances surrounding this "Space-Walk" are rather odd. From the Success Reports published an entire day or two ahead of launch (Published in the MSM), to this, there are some true oddities taking place in regards to China's "First Space-Walk". I do not doubt their Space Based technological achievements, for they have MANY, but I simply wonder what is going on in this footage.

There is something wrong with the background and the Perfected look of Clarity as well, that simply does not lend itself to the actual orbital footage that we view on a fairly regular basis from NASA. I could be over-analyzing this aspect however, so I will not attempt to argue on such a concept. This is most likely due to the compression aspect of the web-video, and the focal settings of the camera.

Could this be a true incident involving a film studio? Did the Chinese take a book out of the Apollo Mission lore?

Just to add something after further review. The first "Bubble" incident I witnessed at the OP's Mentioned 1:05 Mark does behave as though it is occurring in a Lower Than Normal-Gravity environment. However, the other two incidents (1:58, and 2:35) do not act in the same manner.

Bottom line, this is either the most strictly choreographed underwater maneuver (for the overall complete lack of bubbles), a studio event, a Parabolic Flight, or an Actual Space-Walk. If I had to choose, I would say this footage hails from a Studio, or from Actual Orbit. Take your pick.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
quoted from yahoo message board

I am an expert, and the EVA video looks fine to me. The "air bubbles" are the normal bits of debris that accompany practically any extravehicular operation in space. They're the same bits of insulation, packaging, paper, and occassionally ice that are mistaken for "UFOs" in space video. They're perfectly normal. The little flag they're waving is clearly NOT in a liquid. Yes, there are some other irregularities in the unimportant parts of the Chinese coverage, such as cutting to wide views of the control center where the people are suddenly wearing different color uniforms. But that's fairly innocent. They're likely just trying to pad the coverage with stock footage. Western TV does that too. Russia's first space walk was 10 minutes long. America's first space walk was 20 minutes long. China's 15 minute first space walk is about right. That's all it takes to see whether your space suits work.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Ok. First picture is bubble starting point maybe.

Other pictures are from other videos. Objects goes earth direction same speed.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
i think its shocking to even say this isnt real, looks just as good as the nasa space walks, bet china zippin bout space freeks the americans rite out there heads, for sum starnge reason i think china is gonna rocket passed america lol

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

dude, i think your just splitting hairs now.

There is something wrong with the background and the Perfected look of Clarity

Says it all really, if you are filming space with an expensive space ready camera, i would imagine it will always have that perfect look, as you ARE ACTUALY FILMING SPACE. what do you expect? the very fabric is space to be alive with interference and caught on camera?

also ... if it is underwater? why is their not more bubbles, if they were under water they would be pressure on their suits from the water, i cant see any of that? also why is it all so dammed clear, if they were under water im sure we would get at least a ripple of something bending the light the way water does, even for a split second.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by boaby_phet]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by KDMsouljah
i think its shocking to even say this isnt real, looks just as good as the nasa space walks, bet china zippin bout space freeks the americans rite out there heads, for sum starnge reason i think china is gonna rocket passed america lol

A: Not everyone on planet Earth lives in America.
B: Grammar helps to make people not look like they're 9 year olds when arguing a point.
C: It *IS* China we're talking about. You know, where even parts of the Olympic opening ceremony was fobbed off as fake, where the Chinese astronauts were photographed ON EARTH yet touted as being in space, and where many things are put forward as real while later proven as fake.

Shocking?

Please please give me a break. lol

"Realty. 100% Cotton *(made in hong kong(98% polyester))*"

(edited because grammar nazis are always the first to make mistakes lol)

[edit on 10/2/2008 by bloodcircle]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by GodForbid

Yeah, and it seems to hang a little on the lip of the hatch before accelerating up and out of the screen. For all who have not seen it, look by the astronaut's hand inside the hatch at 1:58 on the video that was originally linked. The video could be genuine (and the 'bubbles' added by someone that wants to discredit the Chinese), but I have my doubts.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
Perhaps some slight static charge is involved with the helmet.

Bingo. There has been a discussion, I believe, here on ATS, about the static charge of the spacecraft and by extension, the astronauts.

The "bubbles" may very well be tiny pieces of packaging material used to secure the gear used in the spacewalk. Not sure if they used "plastic peanuts" we use in packaging electronics, or styrofoam beads, but it kinda looks like it.

A static charge will cause a small piece of plastic to speed away.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
looks like bubbles to me...by the way any one notice the flag looks fake .it looks like a composite render .i my self work in C.G.I. this flag is close but no taco

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

thats a very good point. The footage on the moon was obviously slowed down so it makes sense, also the speed at which the bubbles move support this aswell because they move fairly fast.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I continue to be amazed at the depths (no pun intended) that some people will go to when they try to imagine they are seeing something, that is a 'familiar' sight, in their frame of reference....which is here on the surface of the Earth...and cannot discern the difference between a random bit of matter. caught on camera, during an EVA in a micro-gravity environment and a derned 'bubble' of a gas in a liquid environment!

No, I challenge my last sentence...about the 'surface of the Earth'...because, anyone who has ever SCUBA'd (and yes, the apostrophe is there because it's an acronym) knows that the bubbles DO NOT move that fast, as they rise to the surface.

As has been also pointed out, as you watch the video, you can see various objects moving in ways they would not, IF underwater. The umbilicals, the safety harness, and its attachment point, sliding along the bar it's attached to....again, anyone who is SCUBA certified, and has been underwater, can see that things like that just don't happen underwater.

Water is far more dense than air....I know that's an obvious statement, but it bears repeating. The density provides more resistance.....try wading thigh-deep in water.

In the near vacuum of low Earth orbit (LEO) there is virtually NO resistance to movement...unless a lesser mass encounters a greater mass, but that's best left to the next lesson.

This concept of 'National Pride' must be set aside....in the 21st century.

China happens to be wealthy enough, at the moment, to embark on a Space Program....but they are just beginning their 'baby steps'....the US did all of this in the 1960s.

The US took a long-term approach, after Apollo, to continue to explore with robotic spacecraft....cheaper, faster...(safer?) was the idea....to lay the groundwork for future manned missions, when ready.

In the meantime, the ISS was developed, because long-term survivability in space HAD to be understood before any manned long-term missions could be mounted.

Interestingly, although the 'cold war' prompted the 1960s space programs, between the US and the USSR, today Russia actually provides most of the provisioning of the ISS, with unmanned, automated delivery systems. Little-known fact, here (in the US) where the Shuttle gets so much attention.....

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

SM.....the footage on the Moon you refer to....I'm assuming you mean Apollo???

You claim it was 'obviously' slowed down....just another example of a lack of scientific understanding. Try 'speeding up' this footage that was so 'obviously' slowed down, and see how it looks then.

It is very, very sad when the basic concepts of physics are not understood by people who should have paid more attention in class.......

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I don't know if any of you have seen the documentary "the secret nasa transmissions" in which 3 different space phenomenas are identified.

The classic "UFO" (probably alien space craft) and two others that seem to be much smaller and harder to see.

I think these bubbles resemble the second space phenomena. This could be some kind of "naturally occurring" space event. In the documentary, what resemble one of these bubbles (tans lucid, same size) traverses the ISS to be seen by the 2 astronauts who say "what is that?".

Anyhow just my two cents. I don't think this was filmed under water just from the way the flag is waiving. At one point in the video, the flag almost does a complete 360 turn around the flag pole and water resistance would probably not allow it to turn like that in my opinion.

This brings to mind the Moon landings. The key argument that they were fake is how the dust is being thrown at the back of the lunar rover. It should be thrown at 1/6 of the gravity of earth which doesn't seem to happen.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60
The link is working fine for me. Take a close look at around 1:05, you can see the bubble appearing from under the astronaut's visor and float upwards.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by ziggystar60]

Yup, I saw that as well. Sure makes be think twice on the whole 'spacewalk' clip!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by semiunknown
The 1:06 one does look like a bubble, but go to the 2:33 one and look at the trajectory. Now right after that, maybe a second later, there is another, smaller one that flies off in a very different trajectory. Unless they significantly rotated the entire rig within a second, then the bubbles would float to the surface in the exact same or very similar direction. The trajectories are too far off to be bubbles under water. One appears to travel on a heading of about 315 degrees and the second seems to be about 340 degrees. That would require the entire rig to be significantly rotated in only a second...
Sorry folks, but this is the real deal.

In the film and movie making industry, for a special effect to be effective, the positioning of the camera is extremely important.

Say you're on the set of Star Trek-TNG and you want to film an exploding planet.
Of course you don't want all the hemisphere chunks and planetary pieces to be pulled down and plopping to the ground, so the first step in making it look extremely realistic would be remove all elements that would suggest the slightest hint of gravity.
By positioning the camera directly under the subject/planet, all exploding pieces would then be forced to appear as if they were exploding out in every direction with respect to the camera.

It's possible the Chinese used this camera trick, thus explaining why these bubbles tavel in different trajectory.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I am 'replying' to an earlier post I made, just to make a point.

The premise, from the OP, is that a 'bubble' (or two) were observed, and thusly invalidates the entire video?

OK....let's run with that concept. Show ANY example of a similar 'bubble' in any NASA Mercury, Gemini or Apollo footage.

Come on, people!!! China builds most of our cameras and TVs....would you really think they could not 'delete' something as obvious as a 'bubble'?!?!?!?!

A small piece of space 'debris' flying past the camera is NOT 'proof' of some sort of underwater fakery....jeeze! It wasn't even a 'bubble'!!!

I am convinced that, as a Human race, we will eventually spread out, and colonize.....not only the immediate Solar System, but eventually beyond.

But, I emphasize....as HUMANS....not as 'countries'....because the era of 'Nationalism' is over....kaput! This our Home World....'national' boundaries shold no longer apply.

One Species, One World!

(put THAT on your political signs!)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join