It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's 'space' walk filmed under water?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Ok I know it sounds absurd to some of you, but after a conversation in another thread (where I'll have you know I was opposed to the idea of this being a fake) I noticed something moving in the blackness during the video of the 'space walk'.

At first I thought "WOW! a UFO?" but someone in the thread brought up the word "bubbles". Taking a second look, it really does look like bubbles.

www.youtube.com...

1:05, 2:32, and many other appearances.

news.bbc.co.uk...

09-10th seconds.

Do you agree?

Now if they are bubbles, what could be causing them? I'm opposed to the idea of it being condensation off of the space suit. Some of those look like big bubbles. It also looks like air bubbles, or possibly, liquid bubbles in space. Liquid in space seems unlikely to me, I thought it would freeze? And anyhow, if that's a leak, something went very wrong. Air also would not bubble in space, atleast I don't think it would.

The bubbles seem to move quickly upwards, changing in shape slightly. Never sideways, which is also very odd.

Air bubbles in water move upwards as air is lighter. But I'm pretty sure water bubbles in space would move in whatever way it was thrust.

So we have a big question here. Was the space walk filmed in space? or in a water tank?

What's your input here? I'd really like to get to the bottom of this. The annoying thing is, I'm not sure we're able

EDIT: Ouch, I'm really sorry, kind of tired and accidentally posted this in the Aliens and UFO's section instead of General Conspiracy's. If a mod would be so kind as to move it there, I would be very thankful

EDIT2: Aww
I just noticed another thread on this too which hadn't shown up when using the search function. I apologise
but this one has more replies now, heh.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by GodForbid]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Interestingly enough, that video is "no longer available". The Chinese intelligence agencies work quick.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I was wondering if you might be so kind as to provide the link to the topic already being discussed.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I just watched the video so it is there. BTW I have no idea what the OP is talking about. Can you reference a specific point in the video where you see an anomaly?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The link is working fine for me. Take a close look at around 1:05, you can see the bubble appearing from under the astronaut's visor and float upwards.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by ziggystar60]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biscuit
I just watched the video so it is there. BTW I have no idea what the OP is talking about. Can you reference a specific point in the video where you see an anomaly?

Yeah same here, tells us which minute/second the bubbles supposedly appear

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Biscuit

At 1:00 in the video as the astronaut on the right dips his head down and says something in chinese ..there appears to be the first air bubble that comes up from the lower right side across the center stage. There also appear to be other bubbles that randomly appear from the upper right across to upper middle left.

I'm looking for other videos so i can compare this one against them to see if its actually there or added. However most of the ones I'm finding are all re-links of the same one. So i cant say yes or no at this time to anything.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by Kuronotenshi]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biscuit

Something whizzes away from the spacewalker at 2:32 on a diagonal trajector in the frame.

Is that it?

Edit: The one at 1:06 looks suspicious but the one at 2:32 accelerates while in the frame. How should that happen?

[edit on 10/1/2008 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Certainly is suspicious and you can definitly see the bubbles at 1:05 and even before the way the flag moved "bothered" me. When it wasn't being waved it still moved and I don't believe flags do that in space.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kashodi
I was wondering if you might be so kind as to provide the link to the topic already being discussed.

Thanks

Unfortunately I'm the only one who's replied to that one yet. It's located in the General Conspiracy's forum.

As for those who can't see the bubbles. There are numerous occurrences throughout the video. 1:05 and onwards. Just keep looking at the blackness in the back ground and don't blink.

To EnlightenUp, yes exactly, those are the ones I'm talking about, very odd.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blogstalker
Certainly is suspicious and you can definitly see the bubbles at 1:05 and even before the way the flag moved "bothered" me. When it wasn't being waved it still moved and I don't believe flags do that in space.

Flags, and other materials do do that in space. The flag will actually flap for longer in space because there's no wind resistance / friction. So it would continue to flap around longer that it would here on earth.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Blogstalker

The way the flag moves is actually a bonus since water resistance shouldn't allow it wave that quickly; it just looks like a stiff, springy piece of fabric. The "bubble" at 1:06 seems to hug the face of the helmet and accelerate which looks suspicious.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Blogstalker

actually, on the episode of myth busters they were able to show that the flag would indeed be waving, looks almost just like thier experiment as well.

In my mind I don't think this looks all that fake, but what do I know?
I was wondering if that bubble on the visor is an oxygen bubble or maybe something comming from one of the instruments being used on the shuttle.
As for hearing that there are too many cameras on the shuttle showing the spacewalk, thus proving its a fake, well all I have to say is that if I accomplished a feat like that I would make sure I caught every freaking moment and angle for the archives.

But at the end of the day what do I know. Just my 2cents

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Right. There is no resistance to the movement of the flag. There is no resistance to the movement of the safety clips, the umbilicals, the safety lines. Have you ever been underwater? Things just don't move like that underwater. They don't flop back and forth.

As soon as you started calling the little tiny thingies bubbles you got off track. There is no way to determine they are bubbles. The most likely thing is that they are ice particles but they could be gum wrappers for all we know.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

If this was filmed under water, they may have speeded up at least parts of the video to make the movements of both the astronauts and the flag look real. Movements under water tend to appear slower than movements over water.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I don't think gasses would bubble in space though.

It's really really odd, and hard to explain.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Check out the 9th and 10th second

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Right. There is no resistance to the movement of the flag. There is no resistance to the movement of the safety clips, the umbilicals, the safety lines. Have you ever been underwater? Things just don't move like that underwater. They don't flop back and forth.

As soon as you started calling the little tiny thingies bubbles you got off track. There is no way to determine they are bubbles. The most likely thing is that they are ice particles but they could be gum wrappers for all we know.

You have obviously not seen the clip I posted, that really, really looks like a bubble to me.

I agree there's a possibility the one in the link I just posted a second ago could be an ice particle, but really, the one mentioned from the helmet in the other one looks like bubbles to me.

Yes I have been in water, and things do flap around like that, and with the camera sped up just a little bit, I bet you I could recreate this given the funding in water.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I am just using what seems to be the designation regardless of what they actually are. The movement could simply be an illusion of some sort but it does look curious.

ziggystar60,
It just doesn't have a jerky appearance that speeding things up would give. I see no abrupt speed change overall in any scene nor do I see any tiny movements that look hypersped from increasing the overall frame rate.

I am guessing they would have a cheaper and easier time filming in an evacuated canister inside an airplane flying a parabolic arc. Is there any video available without and frame cuts (continuous take)?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
Is there any video available without and frame cuts (continuous take)?

Look above the slider on the youtube video. "Complete Video Click Here". There are 4, 10 minute sequences. Still with multiple cuts though.

For the speeded up video thing to work, the "actors" are moving in sloooow motion when the video is speeded up.

Having to come up with too many excuses already.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
Is there any video available without and frame cuts (continuous take)?

Look above the slider on the youtube video. "Complete Video Click Here". There are 4, 10 minute sequences. Still with multiple cuts though.

For the speeded up video thing to work, the "actors" are moving in sloooow motion when the video is speeded up.

Having to come up with to many excuses already.

I totally understand what you're saying. You're right. But I'm not sure it's too many excuses. What's yours for this question: Why and how, would an ice particle come out from somewhere under his helmet, and move very quickly upwards out of the screen? Surely in a vacuum, something would have had to give that ice all for that energy to move so fast. I don't see anything flinging anything.

Granted, I'm not willing to label the Chinese space walk a fake, yet, but I definitely think this is worth discussion.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join