It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

October 1. Please Post Here if You See Our Troops in the USA.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthsurfer
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

I asked the same question, where is this info coming from.
I have still yet to see some kind of reputable source article that states what this thread is talking about.

Proof?
Here, on ATS, for outlandish claims?
What are you, a disinfo agent?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Dewm0nster

A disinfo agent? Sure if you think so.
Did you actually come here just to post that? go back in your hole now!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthsurfer

A disinfo agent? Sure if you think so.
Did you actually come here just to post that? go back in your hole now!

Ever hear tell of a little thing called sarcasm?
Maybe one of those things people do in social settings...Uh, what's it called?
A "Joke" I think is the term used.

Clever man you be sir, ever so clever.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

And you now see why sarcasm doesn't work in text.
Use emoticons next time to label the "intent".

On topic now.
Deeg, I always keep my eye on GL Naval Training Center 20 miles east of me. If anything changes, you'll hear from me.

Cuhail

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Anyway, I am interested to find some more info on this besides what I have seen here, so I will definitely follow the thread, and keep my eyes peeled until I find out more of what this thread is based on.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

Right, emoticons.
Next time I'll use them to specify- Because, clearly my point was lost.
I don't know what I was thinking- How could what I was saying ever be construed as sarcasm?

What a fool I was.
But a fool no longer- From now on, I, will use emoticons; because it is helpful!

Thank you for your help, Cuhail.
My gratitude can never truly be expressed.

Back on with the subject at hand!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthsurfer

I think they are saying there are links throughout this thread in an offhanded way.

Source

Links are your freind.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I live across the road from the training grouds at Ft. Sill, nothing today. Pretty silent, pretty normal. I hear MLRS and small arms fire about twice a month these days, so nothing out of the ordinary. Haven't noticed anything strange as far as the base goes in the last months either.

I have, however, noticed a dramatic increase in police activity. I was sitting outside of Starbucks (with my Earl Gray tea misto, 4 pumps vanilla = yum) talking to some friends and I saw 4 unmarked cars, and 6 marked throughout the night. Police around here have been tense, I've heard a copule stories of violence as well.

I don't think a "police state" is going to happen any time soon, if it DOES happen it will probably be some time next year or closer to the end of this one. I'm not worried about it though.

As to it being possible...
www.sweetliberty.org...
You can check up on them all on .gov websites, they're legit.
There's a few more military orders as well if I can find them.

Also, HR1955 which Obama sits on. We'll see how the voting goes on that one...

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Here's a thought. If you see U.S. troops today anywhere, how about thanking them for their service and offering to shake their hand instead of going off on some ridiculous fantasy perpetuated by people who clearly need psychological treatment. How does that sound for a plan?

Why should i shake there hand?
They've done nothing for me or my people.
The troops main goal is to serve the government, not the nation, the government, they think by serving the government, they are serving the nattion, this is simply not true at all. The government has suppressed the nation emensly. So in fact the troops have been unknowingly (most of them at least), working agianst the nation, helping in the NWO to suppress the freedom of the nation.

One thing you may want to do is look at the world the way I do. All governments want to control people and the world, none of them wish to serve us. All governments are relitivily the same, the U.S. government tortures people and prisoners, so does every other country. I'm a human being no matter where I come from or where i'm at, so are all other people and they deverse to be treated with the same respect, love and dignity as i would give my self, so are the teachings of Christ.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. The government is not God and sodomizing people with a rod dripping with battery acid is not way to treat anyone, nomatter what they've done (that little torture technique they do in Gtmo came from the mind of our president, not a serial killer btw).

We're all people, all on the same planet, instead of being selfish and thinking of ourselves, and having this tribe like mindset, let's try to help each other, show love and kindness to our enemies instead of show aggression and hatred, do you really think that hatred and aggression will make things better, no it wont. Violence doesn't make things better, it makes them worse, history has shown this, commonsense shows this.

now as for troops being here doing the whole martial law thing, I need some proof, some references, i really feel outta the loop.

-Jimmy

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Thanks Blaine, that is what I was trying to find out. I was looking for "reputable" links but didn't catch that one.
very soon now we should be finding out about the latest attempt at whether or not this new attempt for the bail out will pass.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

You answered your own question, you should shake their hand and treat them with love, kindness, respect, and dignity, because they're human beings as well.

And when it comes down to it I have faith that a lot of these military guys will do the right thing if they were told to take us on.

One quick point here though, it's nice that now the entire military is trained to fight insurgents and guerillas because if they DID have to attack groups within the states....guess how they'd be fighting!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

Do you hae any idea when HR 1955 will be pssed around in the Senate?

I've been wondering for a while.

i feel for ya, OK cops are hardcore men, hardcore.

Also, Fort Sill, I have an uncle and aunt that used to work on topsecret aircraft out there, I also had a friend that used to live out there and he saw ufos about every othr night for a good while out there, correct me if I'm wrong, but Fort Sill is not an Air Force base, right? So why did my uncle and aunt work on topsecret aircraft out there i wonder?

-Jimmy

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Did you smell that? Tank exhaust! o wait no that's just fear.

Well it's 3:37pm here and no sign of the military on the streets. Well I did see some ROTC folks but that's nothing new. I think you all need to calm down and take a breather. Yes, I read the article on the homeland training, but hell they were doing that in Indiana what 6 months ago? As far as I know Indiana is still under it's own control. Seeing as my dad lives there and hasn't said anything I can assume that it was what they said a training exercise. Now I am not here defending the gov. by any means. What I want to point out is the fear you guys are spreading amongst yourselves. Now I know someone will say were not spreading fear but I can quote the OP at least 3 times saying how afraid she is(not poking fun at you personally your just the author of the thread). You guys are all playing into what TPTB want. Your freaking out. We can all agree that 'they' want to control us through fear, and from the posts in this thread I think they are winning the fight. just my 2 cents Flame me if you like but I more then likely wont be coming back to this thread unless I get bored again.

P.S. some people seem to not know that the bailout bill failed. Just thought I would let ya know it didn't get passed. Check the main page of ATS there are a few threads on it.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack

Also, Fort Sill, I have an uncle and aunt that used to work on topsecret aircraft out there, I also had a friend that used to live out there and he saw ufos about every othr night for a good while out there, correct me if I'm wrong, but Fort Sill is not an Air Force base, right? So why did my uncle and aunt work on topsecret aircraft out there i wonder?

-Jimmy

Correct Fort Sill is a field artillery post with (maybe not anymore) a basic training camp. I know I went to basic training there June 02-Sept 02. Although I never saw UFO's I did some some wicked possible unnatural thunder/lightning storms.

P.s. I would never wanna live in Lawton lol

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hILB3rT

And some people seem not to know that another one is being pushed through, this one is about 450 pages long, last i heard.

-Jimmy

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

dgtempe (ATS's Paranoid Resident),

I think this is overblown, but keep watching for us anyway. This seeming suspension of "Posse Comitatus" unnerves me a bit.

While reading your thread a small plane crashed a few blocks from my office and power started going on and off. I actually looked outside for a moment to see if there were tanks in the streets.

In giving this thought, I'd have to beleive that the small number, 10,000 or so involved, means this is just what it pretends to be; A resource in case of emergencies. Even so, I think this is a very bad idea. The Army should never assume a role in Civilian authority, no matter how minor. The lines between the regular army and the national guard should not be blurred.

As to your request. Where I live there are constantly people in uniform around so the only way it would be different is if we start to see them patrolling in military vehicles. Nothing like that is happening. Since that Brigade is in another part of the country, I doubt it has any impact here at all. Were you just looking for people in that neck of the woods to watch for activity?

Keep up the paranoia
It makes up for our complacency.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

-Jimmy

It isn't an air force base, but Tinker is nearby, there is an airport and we occasionally play wargames with some bases in TX. Also, Ft. Sill trains most branches of the military, mainly infantry. We have all kinds of fun stuff out here, I've heard rumors of nukes being here. I do know that the next generation of artillery will start here, originally it was Crusader but that got cancelled and changed into a Bae Systems factory. Who knows what will be built there.

Your friend probably saw flares, they fire them very often. Had one land in my yard once
caused a small fire at 2 a.m.

As to HR1955 you can go here and track it's (and any other bill's progress it's a very nifty site). I see that it's passed the house since I last looked, big surprise there...

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I know they used to be in Tampa because as a teenager I heard them and they scared me to death because at the time we were in a cold war with Russia. I guess they were trying them out. Sure was scary though.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Why should i shake there hand?
They've done nothing for me or my people.
The troops main goal is to serve the government, not the nation, the government, they think by serving the government, they are serving the nattion, this is simply not true at all.

Really? I thought the purpose of the military was to uphold our nation's constitution and defend our ideals. Some of these fine men and women may have served time in Iraq and on the battlefield fighting the war on terror.

To say that they've never done anything for you or your people is an affront to each and every person who has ever enlisted. You can wrap yourself in your own selfishness any way you want and slap any label on it calling it anything you see fit. Smells like bull$**t to me.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

I understand where you're coming from. Basically, to those who don't realise (which probably everyone does and I am, in fact, just boring you!
), is that you cant state exactly where troops are these days, like, down to a t. ie - in my street which is.... or perfect degree setting on Google Earth
I know what I mean!

But I do agree with RR, just because that you can never be too careful. I mean, terrorist attacks nowadays - where do you think they get information from? It's definitely not from a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend in UK / USA / Afghan / Basrah / Iraq....along the grapevine. Even 'suspect terrorists' are computer geeks, they get their info from internet sources (I'm not restricting that to Military mvmt - I mean obv., like IED's etc... they dont just have the Dummies Guide to being a Terrorist
)

But I do also understand why you're worried, DG. Just don't let it get to you too much
(I can't really comment as I'm here in the UK, nothing of the likes seems to be going on over here....relatively boring in fact haha!)

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join