Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

October 1. Please Post Here if You See Our Troops in the USA.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Check the date.

Today is 1 October. The beginning of a new fiscal year.

A lot of units put off training when they are getting close to the new FY because of money. Once the year rolls over, they go out in force to play catch up with training.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I recently found this little overlooked peice of info.

After 1st BCT finishes its dwell-time mission, expectations are that another, as yet unnamed, active-duty brigade will take over and that the mission will be a permanent one. “Right now, the response force requirement will be an enduring mission. How the [Defense Department] chooses to source that and whether or not they continue to assign them to NorthCom, that could change in the future,” said Army Col. Louis Vogler, chief of NorthCom future operations. “Now, the plan is to assign a force every year.”

Great, perma-military from now on.

www.armytimes.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

oh wow, didn't know that of our american comrades! Nothing of the sort happens this side of the pond, they still carry on recruiting and play soldier all over the place

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Boogley

Is there any way this is tied to the recent threats by al qaeda for an October surprise. Maybe the Gov. knows something is coming they are unable to stop but hope to do there best to contain it. I.E. WOMD are in place hear in the U.S. and are going to be deployed but they cant locate all them. Maybe alot of people with small quantities.

Could be tied to the rush for 700 billion to try and stabilize short term prior to. Ops. centered in the south because the odds for attack would be centered on the left and right coast.

Call me crazy but that makes more sense than mass cival unrest do to banks failing.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Kind of odd that the places the military is to be stationed, theres gas shortages

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack
reply to post by sos37

Perhaps you should read my comment agian, seems as though you completely missed what i was saying.

-Jimmy

Oh I read all of your diatribe. I understand you think that the military is the right hand of one of the evil entities on this world known as the U.S. government. It doesn't give you the right to disrespect military men and women by saying "why should I shake their hand? what have they ever done for me or MY PEOPLE?". The text you wrote was clearly hostile towards the military.

And with all due respect that is deserved, you're flat out wrong on the rest of it.

The military does not "serve" the government. The military upholds the ideals on which this nation was founded, defending it from enemies both foreign and domestic. Are the military and the government connected? Of course, just as many other entities in this country are connected to our government.

That said, it DOES NOT mean that these entities, including the military, are evil entities. It does not mean that the U.S. Government is evil in any way. You're throwing out the baby with the bathwater when you make statements like that. You must know that not everyone in the government is corrupt. There are good men and women in the U.S. government, even in the legislative branch, that work hard every day to try and do the right thing. For example, check out this video on Marcy Kaptur that's posted here on ATS. That's an example of a fine senator because she is also tired of the BS of the ones in the government who ARE corrupt and she makes no bones about bringing out the whip. Even though she's a Democrat, I do hope she retains her seat for a long while.

So yeah, there are bad apples in every organization, but they don't necessarily spoil the bunch until we write off those organizations as being lost causes. This is why so many people want change in this country at the government level - because they aren't ready to declare a state of total anarchy.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
ok, I am at Fort McCoy (Wis) right now. I live here in a homeless veterans shelter (Temporarily). As near as I can tell nothing odd or strange has been going on post at all today. No unexplained sirens. Everything looks pretty cool here.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I'm not really sure of the significance of the appearance of troops.
Is there any way this could be tied to the recent gas shortage crisis in the south?

I'm in Nashville, things got a bit ugly here, but apparently the National Guard was deployed in west NC a couple of days ago to deal with the civil unrest during the crisis.

I personally would be happy that troops were at the home front protecting and helping citizens. That may be a naeive statement, but I'd rather they were here, than dying overseas for naught.

I can't keep up with what's really going on these days, actually there are too many possibilities to count, so I'll just take it as it comes.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Total anarchy (in it's truest meaning), would be great, but we all know that won't happen.

I was brought just as brainwashed as the rest of the people in America, i was brought up to believe that America was the greatest place on earth, that we were superior to all other countries, that pastors and presidents were basicly the same thing, infallible.

However, i was also brought up to question everything, to understand, learn, research for myself, not just take someones word for it.

Sadly, the soldiers are sorta like tools of the government, you don't believe me? what do you think bootcamp consists of, it's a brain washing tool, just like public schools and most religions including Christianity.

Christianity (main stream christianity tht is), is being used as a tool to brain wash the masses in "government worship", i know this for a fact because I'm a PK, a theologian and have talked to several pastor friends of mine who have encountered the goons that have been preparing pastors for martial law.

It's sad, the world we live in. I'm not saying that soldiers are being used as tools by the gov because i believe that violence does not solve problems, but makes them worse, or the fact that what they do is completly contrary to me faith, but because it's true, they are being brainwashed, I'm sorry if that upsets some of you, but it's true.

I propose a new way of dealing with the world, how about instead of an eye for an eye, we turn the other cheek, just as Yeshua said eh?
Sadly that will never happen.

I bet most of you who "support the troops" carrying out government orders believe that America was founded on Christianity, that's one of the many lies we've been told our whole lives, that this country is founded on Christianity, or Christian morals, which is simply not true.

Back on topic though.
Think about this. I believe that martial law will come into being with a bang, but slowly it will creep in, it works a lot better to do it over a large amount of time than a short one.

-Jimmy

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

I have no idea the world you live in but i do feel bad for you. Bootcamp is for brainwashing? been there done that, trained to be soldier not brainwashed big difference. I could go on and on with your comments but honestly i dont think your negative hate everyone and everything comments deserve my time.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr. Horrible

I've got 3 kits. Kit #1 & 3 should be in everyone's inventory. Think now on what you would include and build the kit while you are not faced with split second decision making, leaving important essentials behind.

1) Absolute essentials for survival, some comm gear & light hand weapons. Air gun & compound bow attached. This is used regularly for camping and stays in a ready state for anything in between. Everything is packed inside a water tight 40MM ammo box for the most part. Other items are also included lose in the medium sized sports equipment bag.

2) Optional add on secondary bag with heavier essentials and enough protection for a battle or two, heavier portable power items etc. This bag is for when/if you know you've got time and ability for heavy lifting. Enough to provide for the "household" for a week or two and enough protection to insist on no intruders for some time. This is about the size of a large sports equipment bag.

3) Consists of bare essentials non perish-food, temp shelter,clothing,camp gear. This stays in the vehicle and contains nothing that endangers the public should it be stolen but definitely enough to survive the immediate term.

I found the act of simply preparing for the worst very very easing on my mind. I then know I have done literally all I can. In the meantime the items get used regularly but what a great way to tidy up the place!!! Since, I have been at ease and can laugh at the current events as I know whatever happens, I have a shot and won't need to think about "what would you bring if you had 2 minutes to get out of dodge!?". No anxiety, no worries and a heck of a camping set!!!

If you worry at all or have even thought about "the moment" you should be sure to do the same. Saves a lot of time worrying and more time to enjoy things that may, one day, be the "good ol' times" as you might recall them.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by anotherdad

I have no idea the world you live in but i do feel bad for you. Bootcamp is for brainwashing? been there done that, trained to be soldier not brainwashed big difference. I could go on and on with your comments but honestly i dont think your negative hate everyone and everything comments deserve my time.

When did I ever say I hated everyone and everything?
How would you know that you are'nt brainwashed?
You need to notice the inconsistancies and rise above the mindset that you and I grew up in, notice I believe in loving everyone, i believe in feeding and helping my enemies, showing love to them (Romans 12 I believe talks about this). Think about it, if you show love to those who hate you, then they would be much more willing to change there mind about you and what you believe in.

Let's please stay on topic.

-Jimmy

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I honestly cannot imagine soldiers turning against their families and friends in the event the government turns on us in the way many here are probably sure they will. I do not believe in brainwashing to that degree, they know they are not sworn to protect or do the bidding of greedy bankers who infiltrated the government. In actuality, they should probably be turning on the government, since it is SO obvious it's been hijacked by those who not only wish to harm our nation, but are doing it as we speak. Either way, I just cannot see them rounding us up, they ARE us. The army is made up of OUR family and friends, they are being screwed just as badly as we are, probably even MORE SO. Even though they cannot come on here and express it, any thinking soldier has probably taken a few moments to figure out that 700 BILLION dollars can buy ALOT of armor. Not to mention, they are probably wondering why, if we are in as MUCH financial crap as they are trying to scare us into believing, are we NOT pulling our soldiers out of Iraq, RIGHT NOW!? That's a HUGE expense we can cut IMMEDIATELY. But no, they will continue to hold Haliburton's investment, with minimal resources, yet a HUGE cost to America. I can guarantee regardless of what the government mandates they say, they aren't happy.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
OH NO! I JUST saw some guys in fatigues walking around on United States soil. What are they thinking? Are they crazy? They should know better than to even dare take part in Homeland Security Operations, or even walk down the street in full gear. This is an OUTRAGE! I will get down to the bottom of this immediately.

Oh....wait.....there goes my neighbor from the 3rd Armored. Oops, there goes my acquaintance from the 3rd Inf. What is up with that? A USCG Helo just overflew my position. They keep popping up EVERYWHERE! Maybe I should perform a Citizen's Arrest Lol.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Due to the importance of this topic now just for today and the future i want to know if abovetopsecret has some irc channel??

Thanks and sorry if this not direct about the topic in question

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

It amazes me that you dont see how an ex military individual could be offended by your comments. And you claim i may still be brainwashed? why, i disagree with you? aka i dont "conform" to your beliefs. I understand the bible and love thy enemy/neighbor but notice it's not plural. world piece has a chance if we all convert to muslim? I'm not muslim. (no disrespect to non radical muslims intended) and i'm not converting.

Also everything i have read that you wrote has to do with anger towards everyone followed by back peddling and explanations. First reactions tell alot.

You are right i should be on topic sorry OP, i'll say ive seen nothing but curiuos to the fact that commercial and military(very frequent i.e. every couple minutes where i live.) is almost non excistent. Any one else seeing a decrease in commercial airliners?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I believe that if troops need to move they gonna do during night to strategic points and then deploy.

my 2 cents.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Judging by all the idiots (psy/ops) on this thread trying to downplay this obviously troubling situation, now is the time to take whatever precautions necessary to protect you and your families. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
I honestly cannot imagine soldiers turning against their families and friends in the event the government turns on us in the way many here are probably sure they will. I do not believe in brainwashing to that degree, they know they are not sworn to protect or do the bidding of greedy bankers who infiltrated the government. In actuality, they should probably be turning on the government, since it is SO obvious it's been hijacked by those who not only wish to harm our nation, but are doing it as we speak. Either way, I just cannot see them rounding us up, they ARE us. The army is made up of OUR family and friends, they are being screwed just as badly as we are, probably even MORE SO. Even though they cannot come on here and express it, any thinking soldier has probably taken a few moments to figure out that 700 BILLION dollars can buy ALOT of armor. Not to mention, they are probably wondering why, if we are in as MUCH financial crap as they are trying to scare us into believing, are we NOT pulling our soldiers out of Iraq, RIGHT NOW!? That's a HUGE expense we can cut IMMEDIATELY. But no, they will continue to hold Haliburton's investment, with minimal resources, yet a HUGE cost to America. I can guarantee regardless of what the government mandates they say, they aren't happy.

Hah, hah, ever here if the Civil War? i guess they don't teach the truth of that in schools anymore, i know times have changed, but not much.

Indeed, there will be some soldiers that break outta brainwashing they've been through and revolt agianst the government, but most will believe that they are doing the right thing, they will be fooled into think that they are doing the right thing, that is if Martial Law happens suddenly and not slowly ove a long period of time like i'm thinking it will. One real good example of how easly the brainwashed soldiers are being fooled into thinking that they are doing what's right is to look at what happened with katrina, they broke into houses (healthy houses in areas uneffected by the hurriane even) and took peoples guns and stuff, that's wrong folks, yet they believed they were doing what's right.
I also believe a lot of soldiers will be fear forced into do the martial law thing as well.

-Jimmy

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Saw one of them Navy guys here yesterday. Ill keep an eye on him as he looked as if he would break into a Village People song at any moment!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join