It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana Father Kills Sex Offender Who Broke Into Home

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox

I'll defend the sex offender to some degree. He might very well be the vicitm of complex social ills that are not easily explained which manifested in deviant criminal behavior. I feel bad for the guy to some extent. He probably didn't think he was evil. His family probably didn't think so either.

In my experience, those who defend these sexual predators either associate with them or already are one themselves.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I might have missed some info, so maybe you can elucidate me on a couple of stuff:

* As it been established, by the official police report, that he was naked and with a knife in his hand?
-If so, as I wrote in my post, he was rightly shot by the father...

* In the eye of the law everybody is "alleged" until convicted, even if you are caught firing an AK47 into a group of people, you are always "alleged" until convicted.

I am just saying, I don't know. I don't have all the facts...
If the story being told is true, then the father has nothing to fear, and should have nothing to answer for, in my opinion...
But, in my experience with crime, I have rarely seen a case that is "black and white". Most cases have many nuances on the "gray scale", otherwise there wouldn't be so many innocent people in jail...

[edit on 2-10-2008 by NorthWolfe CND]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Originally posted by NorthWolfe CND
There just isn't enough evidence for me to make an informed judgment...

Well thank god you won't be sitting on a jury deciding if this guy should go free! Thank god the father saved you some such a dilemna!

I can just hear it "well yes he was convicted before, but do we know if maybe those victims invited him in as well? and even if he was guilty before maybe this time this particular 17 year old just really had a thing for naked 54 year old sex offenders carrying knives crawling through her window, so she manipulated the poor man into this situation for her own selfish pleasure!" That happens more than we would think! Its the fault of television!

Hi there Sonya...

Like I wrote in my follow up post, I would just like to know how it has been established that he was naked, and armed. Is this what the official police report states, or just what the father says?

You should know that, specially in the USA, the definition of "sex offender" in, at minimal, questionable, and dependent, many times on the State you happen to live in.

As for 17 year olds, 15 and 16 also, I wont even go there. Just like to say that many of them will have sex with much older man, let's just leave it at that...

As for me being on the jury, I'm Canadian...

His prior record is unknown to me. Sex offense is a cultural established crime...

In my post I clearly state that if the investigation shows that everything the father alleges is true then he should be commended for his actions.

So what is the problem? Are you against having every fact available, before condemning a person to, what I think will be, a long prison sentence?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Like I wrote in my follow up post, I would just like to know how it has been established that he was naked, and armed. Is this what the official police report states, or just what the father says?

In many U.S. states it does NOT matter if he was naked and armed! A home intruder can be shot dead. Period. They do not even have t be in the house, if they are trying to get in a window their lives are forfeited without question.

That happens frequently here, and amazingly enough there are virtually no accidental shootings (I guess because family and friends have enough sense to announce their presence loudly if they think they could surprise the homeowner in the middle of the night).

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NorthWolfe CND

If he hadn't already been convicted of sex crimes times before, then I would be more inclined to follow the innocent until proven otherwise mantra. That's not the case, so I think there was enough circumstantial evidence + prior record, to make the informed decision to throw him off a skyscraper.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Indiana Father Kills Sex Offender Who Broke Into Home
Monday, September 29, 2008
INDIANAPOLIS — A convicted sex offender died Sunday during a struggle with a father who found the naked man in or near his 17-year-old daughter's bedroom, police said.

Police responding to a call from the city's northwest side about 3:20 a.m. found 64-year-old Robert McNally on the hallway floor with his arm around the neck of 52-year-old David T. Meyers, who was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police spokesman Sgt. Matthew Mount said Meyers had a heart condition and may have had a heart attack. An autopsy was planned.
Police said Meyers was nakednaked except for a mask and latex gloves and had entered the home through a window near the girl's bedroom with rope, condoms and a knife. He was familiar with the home's layout because it belonged to a relative, police said.
she did not invite the man in else why would she scream
The girl awoke and screamed when she saw the man in her room, police said. The father responded and struggled with the intruder while the girl's mother phoned 911.
Meyers had served 10 years in prison for ( like false inprisonment, felonious restraint, kidnapping) criminal confinement and sexual deviate conduct and was wanted in Boone County for failure to register as a sex offender. He was registered as a sex offender in Marion County.

He was not invited, he was naked, he was armed, he was sane enough to wear gloves so as not to leave evidence, sane enough to wear a mask to hide his identity, sane enough to take condons so as not to leave sperm. And we think he was going to rape her. I believe he would have killed her so she could not alarm her family, and left her dead for her parents to find in the morning. He had a history of false inprisonment/kidnapping/ so he may have been planning to remove her from the house quietly. Sane enough to have planned the caper and acted on it at 3:00 am, sneaky enough to have gotten into the home undetected, until thank God the girl woke and screamed. He knew full well what he was doing, knew it was wrong (the gloves and ski mask and condoms). Rope to tie or garrote, knife for threat of death or death. He might not be very smart but he is sane.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
This thread did 2 things for me.

1. It proved people are sick and twisted and half the reason why the US is a poophole these days. And NO I am not talking about the old man who got what he deserved, I am talking about the sick minded individuals making excuses, finding reason, and trying to understand this type of behavior. Its people like this that feed the fire and don't help extinguish it.

2. It proved people have a lack of understanding the police role in all of this. IF the father would be charged it would be done by the DA's office or another branch of the court, NOT the police. If the police WERE going to charge they would have done it that night...but unlike most people believe, we LEO's aren't out to arrest a father protecting his daughter...but a liberal DA or court just might....learn the difference and stop blaming the police for EVERYTHING!!!

All I can say is

Normal minded person: 1
Scumbags : 0

[edit on 10/2/2008 by rcwj75]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Finn1916

I would let myself be killed in that scenario, but only after making every effort (short of taking anyone's life) to preserve the lives and wellbeing of everyone in the room. I have been told before that allowing myself and my children to die rather than taking the life of the attacker in a similar hypothetical scenario is selfish, and I respect that view but feel that it is equally selfish of me to kill in order to protect my family. The attacker, too, is likely someone's child, father, brother, etc. The life of one human being is equal in value (in my mind) to that of the lives of three other human beings. There are no good options in such a scenario, and I don't judge those who instead kill the attacker.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Come on Sonya, in the summer my daughter's friends, both female and male, come into the house from all over the place. They know they can come throw the front door, but when coming from the beach they, like most teens, just enter throw one of the other doors, or a window...

When I was a teen, in Cambridge Ontario, I always entered throw the upstairs window of my best friend, and he throw mine...just to avoid constantly bothering each others parents...we where in and out all the time...

So, if you have a teen in the house are you just going to start shooting at anything that moves? It could just be a friend, or a boyfriend, or some kid that wants to be her boyfriend...

You must live in a very scary place...

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NorthWolfe CND

On that note, I almost exclusively used the window with my first girlfriend! Granted, I was dressed, and unarmed, usually.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Textoh and its illegal to be gay in kansas (fact #75763894 of the day) and you can be sent to prison for it.....

If this is true I sure havn't heard anyone being arrested because they're a 'gay' couple. lol The media would eat that up alive especially in Hollywood.

I know, as a brief stint as a casting assistant in a well known casting agency, my boss was always trying to get me to go a 'party' with him. It involved a role in a movie if I had a 'good' time at the little 'get' together. What the hell....that was odd...I won't mention the place but its still around today. Actually he's a good casting agent though likes to 'party' too much.

I was married at the time and my wife kind of freaked out at how this guy looked at me. It didn't really bother me since he knew I could body slam em if necessary. Just never understood why the fella would even suggest something like this to an employee. I grew up mainly in the South and if that happened in some places I knew he would have ended up in the hospital or worse.

You just have to try to accept others for how they are as long as they don't 'act' on their impulses or harm another in anyway. As one get older, they usually see more shades of gray in 'reason'.

Morrison was right about 'people'. Good poet too though he had a little 'help' or puff with that.

I soon quit anyhow. I guess I felt for the first time what some females experience in the workplace. Peculiar situation anyhow. Some people are just strange and act on impulse as a way of 'escaping' the complexities of life. Many, I've read were victims themselves somehow and want to lash out on society. Just have to use your 'instinct' when dealing with people of that persuasion.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   

21-3505. Criminal sodomy. (a) Criminal sodomy is:

(1) Sodomy between persons who are 16 or more years of age and members of the same sex or between a person and an animal;

(2) sodomy with a child who is 14 or more years of age but less than 16 years of age; or

(3) causing a child 14 or more years of age but less than 16 years of age to engage in sodomy with any person or animal.

(b) It shall be a defense to a prosecution of criminal sodomy as provided in subsection (a)(2) that the child was married to the accused at the time of the offense.

(c) Criminal sodomy as provided in subsection (a)(1) is a class B nonperson misdemeanor. Criminal sodomy as provided in subsections (a)(2) and (a)(3) is a severity level 3, person felony

taken from

www.kslegislature.org...

so im sorry to say but it is illegal to be `gay` in kansas - and in fact when you start looking through the laws of various states - the entire USA isn`t quite as liberal as you want to believe

thank you for sharing your story - its sad to see that people of all persuations try to bribe for advancement

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Come on Sonya, in the summer my daughter's friends, both female and male, come into the house from all over the place. They know they can come throw the front door, but when coming from the beach they, like most teens, just enter throw one of the other doors, or a window...

As I said, there are virtually no accidental shootings of family members (I mean I can't recall hearing of one in Atlanta in forever) so apparently people that have offspring or busy households adjust their behavior accordingly.

However keep in mind adults without children, especially those that live alone or are elderly would often not EVER have a situation where someone would come in through a window, or enter in the night without knocking first.

Unfortunately though once in a while a drunk will "break into his apartment through a window because he forgot his key" and that sort of scenario can end badly, but no charges are ever filed. And I have heard of a couple of cases where spouses were "accidentally" shot during a melee, but usually those shootings turn out to be not so accidental afterall.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

I agree,there`s no room in this society for the
defence of paedo`s and child abusers!EVER!!!
The guy should be given a medal for getting rid of
this piece of garbage!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
If you could see me you would see a girl standing and clapping for this father. Good for him. I hope they let him off easy.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04

I would let myself be killed in that scenario, but only after making every effort (short of taking anyone's life) to preserve the lives and wellbeing of everyone in the room.

You certainly reside in the appropriate state for such a mentality.

I'm sorry that you place such a low value on the lives of innocents while placing such a high value on the life of an attacker.

Even those precious few who share your weakness would normally consider the option of taking a life to save other lives, but you don't even appear to have that brief grasp on the reality of human existence.

It's very difficult for me to restrain my anger and cynicism in responding to you, not because you would allow yourself to die without a fight, but because you would let your own family die.

Normally I can see the other guy's point of view, even when I sometimes need a telescope, but in your case, your behavior leads me to conclude that you're not just in a different place from me, you're in a different reality. The only saving grace in your entire mindset is that you would not condemn others who are prepared to use lethal force in defence of their lives. I'm afraid I just can't extend you the same courtesy.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04
reply to post by Finn1916

The attacker, too, is likely someone's child, father, brother, etc. The life of one human being is equal in value (in my mind) to that of the lives of three other human beings. There are no good options in such a scenario, .

you mean to tell me if it came down to you or him you would rather he killed you

The attacker gave up his right to saftey and well being when he tried to take someone elses away if you can stop him without killing him thats fine but if he dies owell you have a devine right to protect your life and the lives of your loved ones

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

All I can say is that I respect your view, and that I understand it. I'm sorry that you can't find it within yourself to, as you said, extent me the same courtesy, but I can totally understand that and won't condemn or judge you for it.

I don't place a higher value on the life of the attacker. Indeed, the philosophical dilemma is that I place exactly the same value on all life. All we can do in life is do the best we can to do what we feel is right. None of us are perfect, and I hold myself to that as well. I could easily be wrong, and you could easily be right. All I can do is try my best to carry out my intention, which is to do what I feel is right, and as I said, I could easily be wrong. I admit that freely and will not condemn others for doing what they feel is right.

reply to post by WisdomInChains

I can totally understand what you're saying as well, and I respect it.

[edit on 10/3/2008 by AceWombat04]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Justice has been served in my own opinion, Monsters need to be dealt with, I dont care if its a sickness, It goes against everything that is sacred. Nobody will ever hurt my family or get close enough to harm them especially mosters like that. Im tolerant of many things except that, Rehabilitation does not work those freaks, Your in my house late at night and I dont know who you are and my family is asleep I can only think one thing, your there to do something to harm my family, I would have put him down as well....

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join