It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana Father Kills Sex Offender Who Broke Into Home

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Well, in the state I live in it's perfectly legal to kill an intruder in your home whether he's threatning you or not. And in this case, I doubt you'd even set foot in court. I'm not familiar with the laws in his state, but I think he probably would have gotten into more trouble had he NOT killed him.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I'm all for protecting your family first and this is exactly what this father did. If anyone breaks into my home they will not leave alive. If they were drunk and walked into the wrong home then that mistake would get them killed. Someone coming into your home, naked with gloves on in your daughters room is only asking for death in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthman4
I think death is too strong a punishment for the crime. I don't think the homeowner should be charged but he should be ashamed. I bet the sex offender got caught taking a leak in an alley. Maybe he was lost. Maybe he was going to rape. His crime was trespassing. You can't deal a death penalty until they commit the crime. I know it seems wrong but it is just.

Trespassing, in my home, would most certainly be by and of itself a reason for the death penalty, without trial or conviction as handed by my law as Ruler of my home.

I just would not be dumb enough to allow the police to be called and risk the charges

Sorry but... this WAS the way of America and the world for MOST of human history, only a deranged society in which our rights have been stripped so dearly would create a brainwashed mentality that says ..."hey...he was Only trespassing... in my 2nd floor hall by my kids bedroom"

I don't care if he was there to steal, or rape or just have a look... if he was mentally handicapped and wandered in by accident or just was drunk and needed to sleep...

The fence outside is MY perimiter of safety for my family... as some lunatic decided it... in order to make a profit... that degree of saftey has been reduced to 1/4 of an acre, or 1/8 of an acre for many Americans

For some it is now... a wall of brick with 8 inches to the next apartment

If you cross the line to my door, you had better ring that bell, it's Mine... a FREE Mans Land and I will exercise the right to dispose of any intruder I view as a threat.

and...

Latex gloves and a rope and codoms and being butt naked... is way, way, way, way above the amount of evidence I need... I'd have shot him just for being in there that time of night.

I am extremely liberal on social law... I am not a kook, but some thing are just so heinous that they need elimination from society

Breaking into HOMES, Street Rape, Molestation of children and Random Violence with intent to kill or maim

In all cases... a person should have the right to self defend or defend loved ones with murderous force.

people don't walk of cliffs because they know they will DIE... there is NO mental disorder in which people simply... walk off high objects and die... there never will be. YET there is a mental disorder in which people, get naked for nonconsentual sex with your children...

I am quite sure that behavior would eliminate itself from society ...Overnight... If it meant a certain death

Only 4 crimes I listed there (probably a few more if I thought about it) and it's not being harsh... protection of life and family from grievous potential harm or death only.

This guy violated 3 of 4 of the things I'd off the top of my head say... cut em down for doing it...

Not... for stealing bread from a store or being high lol... (I don't much believe in prison I believe in rehab, HELP...ordinary people with ordinary crimes)

But a Guy is in your home in the middle of the night, you shoot first ask questions later...

Me and mine have but One life to live... I didn't choose to spend it breaking into other peoples homes in order to ruin thier lives... I feel zero remorse for those that do.

How do you say... what IF it's the drunk neighbor? The drunk neighbor will... Make noise, announce himself by heading to the fridge or singing lol... and if worse drunk than that you will find him face down on your couch and Not end up shooting him... 99.9% of the time, I'll know if it's the drunk neighbor

and

if not

acidents do happen...

Not my fault "HIS FAULT" if He gets so soused he doesn't know where he is, get's in the door... quietly somehow drunk... (like that's common) makes it (without turning on a light) to a place unannounced where I see him comeing and... fail, even in shadows to Smell the booze, see the wooble in his walk and realize he's just a drunk... If all that manages to line up and he takes the bullet... His fault not mine...

Drunks wander in front of cars too... also wouldn't be, My Fault

It's not like despite tough talk, people will be... blaring out thier bedroom doors blazing bullets without looking to see if it's... the Dog LOL

You mostly know when it's a stranger slinking around your house, accidents can happen... but your talking ...

One in One Thousand? More? Odds that if someone is rummaging through your crap at 2:00 AM, it's not the neighbor with a shine on

How...this sort of argument Ever convinced American politicians to make it tougher to defend your home is senseless... or why people never reacted until thier rights were gone already

somethings are obvious my friend, intruders... need to be shot (I prefer an Aluminium bat myself, little forensic evidence, bludgeoning is much quieter )

[edit on 1-10-2008 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by earthman4

" I think death is too strong a punishment for the crime. I don't think the homeowner should be charged but he should be ashamed."

That has to be one of the most pathetic comments I've ever read.

Congratulations on being pretty brainwashed!..

You clearly have no idea, that a mans home, is his castle,

and you not only have the right to defend yourself or your family, it's your obligation! Or you are not a man!

The INTRUDER, crossed the line, not the homeowner!

The moment the INTRUDER decided to violate another mans home, is when he tossed out any concepts of remaining safe.

The INTRUDER brought about his own demise, by violating the sanctity of another mans home, not the other way around.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Leviatano

Not here in Kentucky.

We have legislation in place to protect the homeowners in cases where perpetrators are killed during home invasions. As it should be.

However, each case has to be looked at carefully. Currently, there's an ongoing investigation in which a gentleman was shot while at his ex-spouses house. She claimed he broke in. She shot him. But, how likely is it for the guy to break in when he has kids and is separated from the woman that shot him? Sounds more like a domestic dispute that went wrong and the woman is using this legislation as a cop-out. Either way, I think this is an exception for the law, rather than the rule.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Once convicted of raping a child that persons' life should be forfeited. Violent sex offenders; should be ended.

Violent sex offenders have shown consistently that they repeat their crimes, even after extensive prison time. Perhaps if we put all our smarts and resources together we could create a successful rehabilitative process for them. That's not the case. As of present these violent sex offenders repeat repeat and repeat. The only options right now is to put them in prison for life or end their life. Or.... they get out and rape your daughter, with a knife in hand.

Harsh truth.

I agree with your statement, what is known about sex offenders is that rape/assault is NOT about sex, it is about control, how do you "fix" that? I don't believe we can at this time, maybe in the future but not now.

Kudos to the man for stopping this rapist.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Trespassing with violent intent is grounds for you being killed by the property owner. I am all for a law stating that to be passed.

This father did what any father who cared would do.

Would you rather the sex offender be dead or the 17 year old girl's life be altered negatively forever? I don't know about some of you appeasers, but I'm glad it happened how it happened.

We don't know the father's intent. We don't know if he meant to subdue the man or kill the man. But lets assume he meant to kill the man. Without being politically correct, how many of you honestly give a *snip* that he's dead? I sure as hell don't.

Thats what a father's responsibility is: protect his family at ALL COSTS using what ever means necessary.

Good for him

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10/1/2008 by maria_stardust]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by amazed

I agree with your statement, what is known about sex offenders is that rape/assault is NOT about sex, it is about control, how do you "fix" that? I don't believe we can at this time, maybe in the future but not now.

Same way you "fix" a dog.....cut his balls off. Sorry for the one-liner, but it seem like an easy fix to me.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazedI agree with your statement, what is known about sex offenders is that rape/assault is NOT about sex, it is about control, how do you "fix" that?

Scroll back a couple of pages. Castration has been shown to cut the rates of re-offending from 50% to 3%.

Don't buy into the PC hype that "it has nothing to do with sex". If their balls are whacked off they are MUCH MUCH less likely to reoffend. It DOES work but it would not be politically correct to use it.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I would like to personally thank the father for removing this scumbag from our world. Now, we (the taxpayers) will no longer have to pay for his room and board (prison). We will no longer have to pay people to keep a watch on him (parole officers, etc.). We will no longer have to pay for "rehabilitation" that has no chance whatsoever of even remotely working. Sir, you have helped to relieve us of an immense burden AND to make the world a safer place in which to live.

Thank you, from the depths of my being, and may more of us follow in your example! Together, we can rid the world of these monsters, if they break into our houses!

(Can we put up a sign on our front door that says "free sex with kids" and then wait for them to come in, shoot them, then get rid of the sign and say they broke in?)

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
2 thumbs up to this dad

Worthless scum of the earth rapist deserved no less.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
www.wishtv.com...

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - The Marion County prosecutor will not file charges against a father who killed an intruder.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
The guy totally deserved it.

Good for the father.

I wonder how this case would have gone differently if the offender was an illegal alien?

You mean like what happened with Joe Horn? Well, what would happen is a bunch of people pretending that it is a race issue would show up and threaten the father's life saying he had no right to kill the rapist. I guess it's a good thing that the intruder happened to be an american citizen, otherwise the father's life would be in danger for protecting his home and family.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Don't buy into the PC hype that "it has nothing to do with sex". If their balls are whacked off they are MUCH MUCH less likely to reoffend. It DOES work but it would not be politically correct to use it.

Assuming that it's the aim of the offender to have intercourse. Whereas it's likely just to sexually abuse the child. Also, I should note, I was talking about repeated child rapists, and molesters specifically earlier, not rapists in general.

Chemical castration lowers the hormones, therefore affecting the sex drive. My points earlier, was that repeated violent sex offenders have a pathology that can transcend sex drive, hence the reason this 'treatment' works half the time at best. When I was saying it wasn't necessarily sexual in nature, I meant that the cause was not hormonal. Sometimes yes. In the case of the kinds of offenders I am speaking of, I think it less likely. It is full blown psychological disfunction.

As for PC talk. I already said shoot them, cut their balls off, and behead them. So I don't think I am being "PC".

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I have a 12 gage shotgun. If there was a naked man in my house in or near my kids room, I would have no difficulty using it on him. There is no reason for anyone who is not my family or invited, to be in my home. I would rather go to jail than have my child spend the rest of her life living with the memory of something like that. I do not know what makes people tick, I dont know why someone would want to hurt another person during sex, and I do not care. Your home is your little space, it should be a place of comfort and security, anyone who threatens that should be dealt with swiftly. I know some of you are sympathetic to the guy who died but just try to imagine yourself in the place of the dad before you decide to write something negative.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Some people simply don't believe in retribution, violence, or killing (even when seemingly justified.) I'm one of those people.

I respect the views of those who would do what this man did in this scenario, and I respect the man who killed the intruder as well, but I disagree with them. I simply don't believe in violence or killing, no matter how sick, twisted, or dangerous the potential target of said violence or killing may be.

That's just my belief, and I'm not the only person on the planet who holds it. I respect everyone's views, and I don't judge or blame those who do commit violence (even violence resulting in death) in these sorts of situations. I'm not them, and can't judge them for what they felt was right in an incredibly bad situation.

It's just not what I would do myself. I know that's not popular. So be it. I would like it if people could be respectful and tolerant of those who hold such views though.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04
Some people simply don't believe in retribution, violence, or killing (even when seemingly justified.) I'm one of those people.

I respect the views of those who would do what this man did in this scenario, and I respect the man who killed the intruder as well, but I disagree with them. I simply don't believe in violence or killing, no matter how sick, twisted, or dangerous the potential target of said violence or killing may be.

That's just my belief, and I'm not the only person on the planet who holds it. I respect everyone's views, and I don't judge or blame those who do commit violence (even violence resulting in death) in these sorts of situations. I'm not them, and can't judge them for what they felt was right in an incredibly bad situation.

It's just not what I would do myself. I know that's not popular. So be it. I would like it if people could be respectful and tolerant of those who hold such views though.

Though I disagree I completely respect that stance, until quite recently I was against the death penalty. I’ve always been sickened by the thought of in an imperfect system there will always be a margin of error and innocent people will face violent prisons or death row. I completely understand where you come from though my stance on such things has been swayed.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Accidental double post. Please delete mods.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I am not sure I would have killed the guy, but he certainly would not be leaving my house. They may end up finding the guy stashed in my basement tied to the wall and in severe pain if they ever searched my house though. Of course I would have a video of his confession of what is initial intentions were when he broke into my home and was naked with a knife and headed to my daughters room.

His screams would never be heard because he would not be able to physically make a sound any longer. The pain in his eyes and of course broken/severed limbs when the news cameras found him would be enough to deter someone else from entering my home again though. Preferably he would not be found in my home but dead in a ditch somewhere someday after I got tired of punishing him with sex offender carved months prior and scared into his chest.

Maybe a little over board but what are you going to do when someone like that wants to torture someone you love?

Raist

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I don't think the father meant to kill the person.

Reading the article, it seems like the intruder died from heart failure while the father was restraining him.

It isn't like the intruder was shot or beaten to death or mauled by a pack of hungry pit bulls (any of which, given the circumstances, would have been a fine way deal with the intruder in my mind).

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join