It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WARNING: Media NLP Danger! READ!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Welp, I guess it's time to fire up the ole radio again, then.
I'd hate for my opinion to be swayed by an obviously rude and overbearing commentator expressing an opinion I highly disagree with as he make magical hang genstures amongst single-frame subliminal messages flashing "obey" every now and then.

I would really hate to think that I'm that impressionable...
BUT, with all the talk of NLP and latest generation subliminal programing, I am curious to see if it really works.
I survived Battlefield Earth without becoming a scientologist and that was supposed to be all controversial. Maybe I've got some wires crossed?

Are there any online demonstrations of how effective this cra...stuff really is? An enquiring mind wants to know.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xilvius
You know, It's positive in the sense to alert people to their being manipulated by various forms of mind control.

However, I find it slightly hypocritical to say how bad it is for the media to use such techniques, then proceed to use those same techniques yourself.

Keep up the good work ATS.

Buddy I agree 100% with what you are saying and I knowingly and CONSCIOUSLY use NLP techniques myself, and rather blatant ones at that as you can clearly see from my original post the blatant and unapologetic use of CONSTANT CAPITALIZED WORDS or constant repititions of certain points to really hammer it home.
You've hit the nail on the head, and don't think I don't know this simple fact, that NLP is in fact not some 'advanced science' but rather a sort of sociological (not sure if that's the proper term) adapted way of communicating that ALL humans use on a constant day to day basis.
The fundamental inherent aspect of NLP is basically persuasion, all social animals will obviously attempt to turn any situation to their favor in any way possible, by subtle means or otherwise. We all use it on a daily basis but you must understand the fundamental INTENTION is different. I am using these 'techniques', if you can call them that, to try to RAISE the communicative and persuasive factor of my speech so as to have emotional impact on the reader, that is why I used such strong words as DISGUSTING media, and HEINOUS actions, it is all well calculated and thought out of course. But the difference is it is for a good cause, it is for me to try to incite RIGHTEOUS ANGER in the common man like all of you here, and it is because deep down I fully believe what I'm saying.

But do you think for a second that the evil puppet masters that are trying to program us are truly trying to help us and spread some sort of message of truth with these techniques? No of course not they are involved in an ongoing fraudulent and heinous crime the likes of which the annals of history have not yet recorded, and they are ravenously trying to secure their vast financial empires - they will do and say ANYTHING to amplify their powers of persuasion and hypnosis over us the 'feeble masses' so that they can continue plundering the riches we sow for them.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
i know its all true but it kind of made me laugh at the evangelical way it was ranted from a pulpit

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by THELONIO
i know its all true but it kind of made me laugh at the evangelical way it was ranted from a pulpit

Desperate times call for desperate measures my friend.
During times of war one must sometimes adapt the tactics of one's enemy, especially if said tactics have proven quite successful, much to your chagrin!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Excellent post OP. If only more Amercians truly knew and understood what is going on with the MSM.

S+F

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Ok so you guys wanted examples and proofs, here you go HOT OFF THE PRESSES, this just in folks more Neural Linguistic Programming courtesy of the NWO Media. As I write, this is the current front page headline of Yahoo.com which according to websiteoutlook.com is the most trafficked site on the net.

Ok so notice how they very subtlely do a 'setup' routine to get you panicked and regretful over your support over the bailout failure.
They are telling you very sternly not once but TWICE on the same page that "[YOU] will pay anyway" and on the lower left corner once again (as someone mentioned the NLP technique of repetition) "Analysis: Taxpayers will still pay for the crisis".

Then, they reinforce the new fear they've just implanted/programmed into your mind by underscoring it with "Bill's defeat could lead to recession".

And finally in a graceful mental programming job, as your eyes continue down the headline naturally you now reach the 'solution' which they secretly have been programming you up to now to believe will solve this crisis, and naturally it reads: "New bailout deal planned".

As you can clearly see they used very subtle techniques in first reinforcing your fear that the cancellation of the bailout was a MISTAKE by blasting 2 headlines one on top of the other (and even a 3rd on the bottom left) that tell you that YOU WILL SUFFER ANYWAY! And now as your mind is scrambling in panick for a solution, they CONVENIENTLY place at the conclusion "New bailout deal planned".

So what they just subtlely and secretly programmed you with is essentially this:

"You (taxpayer) will pay ANYWAY...resistance to bailout is FUTILE. There is a new bailout deal planned, DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE TWICE or you will PAY anyway" so they are very subtlely yet powerfully reinforcing you subliminally to SUPPORT THE NEW BAILOUT which is being planned so as you can clearly see they set up a nice little neural linguistic programming diagram there to brainwash you into supporting the new bail out that is planned so their puppet masters can stock their coffers and plunder the remaining wealth of our dying middle class.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by rufusdrak
EVERYONE ...
NUMEROUS major news .....YOU WILL CEASE RESISTANCE AND FACILITATE THEM IN THEIR HEINOUS THEFT.

Let me repeat it again....MORE and MORE .....NUMEROUS NEWS OUTLETS .......FURIOUS CONSTITUENTS that stymied their HEINOUS theft by BOMBING the living hell out of their representatives ......DISGUSTING media is attempting to do is force everyone to stop calling in by making them think they have a lost cause.....UTTERLY DESTROYING the other candidates ......EVERYONE MUST BE AWARE ...... OCCURING RIGHT NOW. .....STOP WATCHING THE MEDIA ...... AS I WRITE THIS for your minds and your souls by some of the most evil and sinister forces on this planet.
STOP WATCHING and LISTENING to this disgusting media ..in history upon all of humanity.

WE ARE NOW AT WAR people, .....prepare for ANYTHING. .......TO BRAINWASH YOU and program you using tried and true neural linguistic programming techniques.

I symphathize with your feelings....BUT...as you can see above YOU are NLP-ing to. It is in your syntax. Using caps and stressing the importance of the NOW and the personal character of the message is a NLP tactic.
ATS is becoming a spread panic and be paranoid forum IMHO. I notice that I am avoiding it, because it doesn't serve me. It fills me with fear and disgust while bringing no new information (since say a year ago).
Is is becoming a repetitive paranoid emotional sewer for scared people.

I think you have to relax and stay in your rational mode. OK terrible things happen, but do not panic. Most of the TV in the US that I have seen is crap. But here in Holland it is above standard with lots of intellectual discussions, although most will stay away from UFO's or NWO, but not all.
The scenario-like crisis in the US is openly discussed.

I notice that ATS is hopping on the financial and electorial topics like crazy. So most of you are already deep in the mainstream mode...elections and this finanicial crap is a logical consequence of the last decades of living on credit. It needs to be cleaned up, nothing more.

Try to focus on alternative topics, what is really going on in your live, treat you friends a good meal, walk in the sun, be nice to people, RELAX. If you succeed you will realize that you create your own reality.

Oh yeah, and not everything you see on a billboard or a website or a comercial is "secret government messages" , that just paranoid. You see a lot of the same messages in the media (and on ATS) because people are lazy and stupid and repeat the same lines the hear and see, when they think they can be used a s a tool to get attention or money.
Most organizations are to stupid for a conspiracy, really, and I have seen a lot of them. Most of them are hardly able to function properly as it is.

That's why they go bankrupt.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by Pjotr]

[edit on 30-9-2008 by Pjotr]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Did anyone else see the lady on Fox News with the black finger nails. She was on the Shepard Smith show right after the vote.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I noticed how several media outlets either pushed this bill as a necessity (CNN) or even reported it as past when it wasn't (Ian Punnett, Coast to Coast).

Yes, it was obvious how the media pushed this one, and further proof that they are compromised. I have stopped watching corporate media and get all my news off the web from independents. It has changed my world view and now I see just how manipulative and biased corporate mass media really is.

I think we have come to the point where the best thing to do is cancel tv subscriptions and stop buying newspapers, they cannot be trusted to do their jobs in general.

Another thing which should be done is a shill database, where journalistic missreporting is cataloged by author, so people can see just how often certain newscasters missreport. This will help seperate the trusted sources from the rest, if there are any of the former left. Youtube channels could be setup to do this, and if they were taken down youtube itself could be added to the list

Things are changing fast now, and it's time to adapt. While the internet's up it will replace corporate.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I find it amusing that someone complaining about NLP uses it in their thread.

Could you stop it please?

Its annoying.

Its not needed.

You can make your point without having to try and emphasise it and drive it home by capitalising words in an attempt to break through into peoples subconcious. You are obviously an intelligent person, so here, amongst peers there is no need for such things.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
None of this is new guys, I'm afraid to say. The American news service has been compromised for years. Mainly because of bad and lazy journalism.

The majority of news groups now get their stories from press groups such as the Press Association (PA News) and Reuters who, in turn, get fed press releases by various agencies (including government bodies). Hence, when you look at any internet news provider, newspaper or watch the news on your TV, anything up to 80% of the stories featured will have exactly the same structure, sentences and words used. It's not necessarily always a conspiracy, it is just cheaper.

The American news service is probably more untrustworthy than most, but that is because media groups there have allowed themselves to be put in the position where policitians will refuse to give them any more juicy press conferences if they get a bad write-up from those particular groups - end result...the politicians control the news. It's not as bad in the UK but it is slowly heading in that direction.

If you really want to know how and why your news service is the way it is today then read "Flat Earth News" by Nick Davies (who is himself a journalist). It even mentions how the CIA interferes with the news we read.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
NLP is easy to spot... and defend against..especially if you've ever had any sales classes. One of the tactics is called a tie down. You present a fact, and then phrase a question such that the person would sound stupid to themselves to say no.

Example: Terrorism killed thousands of Americans, and that's terrible. I certainly wouldn't mind giving the President more authority to keep us safe. Wouldn't you agree?

Its insidious...and if you are good at it, very powerful. I'm glad I was able to ingrain it into my speech patterns so well...I get a lot of people to do what I want by using that. I even used it to get laid a couple of times

[edit on 30-9-2008 by midnightbrigade]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by rufusdrak

So, if all news media are promoting/ showing one candidate over the other, then that's who they want the people to put into office? So we should vote the other way?

Roper

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I think alot of people try to use language to express their opinions on an emotional level and use alot of expressive words that we may think is NLP. Unfortunately I believe we have allowed ourselves to think with our emotions rather than our intelect, and I am the first to say I am guilty. You can detect in phrases like how does that make you feel. Or that feels like truth! We use how we feel to determine if what one is saying is true
This is in response to some who have noticed some responders using NLP loaded phrases but what I see interesting these phrases are loaded with emotion. I believe we have been trained to respond with our emotion and we have been using it now to determine what is true by how somethng makes us feel. Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
No way tpcollect taxes from water--solarenergy also anoption but no
taxes fromsolar.. we shall have toi go to bicycles- other nations
do so--the chinese. we are becoming a nation of minorities( Caucasians)

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Rufus is definitely my friend.
I agree with rufus 100 percent.

Welcome Rufus.

You are right. The media, just like the government, the police and corporations are the enemies of the American People.

It's time to start kicking ass, and I don't mean peaceful protest.
there will be no solution brought about by walking around with signs.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
NLP is in weverything you read, write or aquire through various sources.

Like the Disposable Sales Pitches, making you believe that throwing things aways is better than, something you buy once and use for years.

Or making you believe that giving up civil liberties makes the USA safe and unable to infiltrate if your a terrorist orginization, yet according to the USA they failed already at stopping this from happening, and that failure was so complete that the chances of another "perfect" failure is on the way.

Look at the Hollywood styme and the visualizations of denial that these individuals are so much "class" above others, the NLP has programmed all their psychies to such delusions they actually think they are falling in love with individuals that act scenes of movie with.....

The sentence for this type of warefare, shall be an everlasting singe upon the fabric of earth, just plan and simple, insanity.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by rufusdrak

Well, then what your saying is that this is an excellent time to catch up on some of those old TVland productions like I Love Lucy, The Beverly Hillbillies and Leave it to Beaver?

Just as long as Sponge Bob Square pants is safe family viewing we will be alright...

Seriously, I went to sleep with C2C and woke to one of the morning talk show hosts Freaking out. He was cutting off a caller who had some important information about the ongoing delema, and this host just started ranting and shouting Shut UP! Repetedly, he really cracked up shouting nothing more than its the democrats fault its the Democrats fault.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
As has been mentioned, NLP is nothing more than a sales tool. The key is to pay attention to what is said, how questions are phrased, and watch the body language. Then ask yourself if they have changed your mind.
Watch CNN, then watch MSNBC, then watch Fox. Depending on the time of day, and the broadcaster, you can see certain agendas pushed. If you are smart enough to walk and chew bubble gum at the same time, then you can decide what they are doing, and how YOU choose to respond. In other words, quit being lazy. Research the facts for yourself, reason it out, and make YOUR decision.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Down with the msm and the nwo!!!!!!!!!! everybody needs to stop watching television and tell others the same!!! TELEVISION is keeping us in slumber... dump it and just say NO!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join