It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reinhardt Thread - "Suggestions and Predictions"

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by justyc

I have been reading it and it scares the bejesus out of me.

I do not consider myself to be an economic expert and i may be gleaning information incorrectly but this sure is a damming read.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

well the more people that read it the better. that information has been in the wrong hands for far too long now - it's about time it was made to work for the benefit of the many rather than the few.

it also helps back up what r has been saying.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Martin Armstrong, former chairman of Princeton Economics International Ltd., and now prisoner #12518-050 at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in lower Manhattan. Known for his analytical models of market timing, Armstrong’s cycles-based models have had some spectacular successes.[1]

[edit] Career

Armstrong called the high of the Nikkei in 1989 months ahead of time—the Nikkei peaked the last week of December as he said it would, then crashed, casting off 40 percent of its value in a matter of weeks. More recently, and again months ahead of time, Armstrong predicted the July 20, 1998, high in the U.S. equities market—to the day. After that morsel of prognostication according to James Smith, a former Princeton Economics employee, the CIA called Princeton, wanting to know how the Institute’s proprietary models worked. Needless to say, Armstrong rebuffed them.[2] The court has since then been demanding that Armstrong hand over his proprietary computer code to them. According to Armstrong's daughter Victoria Armstrong, "It took nearly 30 years for my dad to develop this model and his refusing to turn over its source code to the government is a big reason why he has been held in jail for over 7 years without a trial." [3]

[edit] Criminal allegations

He was indicted in 1999 on criminal securities fraud by the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, and released on a $5 million bond. He has been accused not of theft, but of misleading clients about financial losses and using new funds to mask those losses. In January 2000, when he failed to hand over corporate files and assets to the court-appointed receiver for his companies, he was charged with civil contempt and incarcerated in the high-rise prison a few blocks from the World Financial Center. He and his two offshore companies, Princeton Economics International and Princeton Global Management Ltd., were also slapped with civil suits filed by the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission.

On April 27, 2007, Martin Armstrong's contempt of court imprisonment was lifted by the court and he started to serve the 5-year criminal sentence which he received a few weeks earlier. September 2, 2011 will be when he will be theoretically free again [4]

On October 10th 2008 Armstrong released the following treatise on his research of time cycles that enabled him to make accurate predictions regarding various market events.

and here's the pdf again. i recommend a print out!

www.contrahour.com...

www.contrahour.com...

www.topix.com...

princetoneconomics.blogspot.com...

[edit on 22-11-2008 by shermanium]

[edit on 22-11-2008 by shermanium]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
How much do you have to pay to become a member on r's site??

Wanna find out.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by forshow

that has still to be announced but it shouldn't be much longer. preliminary site starts tomorrow for approx 10 people and the subscriptions should follow not too long afterwards. be patient though as it takes a little time to arrange it all.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
What I find interesting is that there are these 'considered odd' people out there that point to various historical facts, and then combine them into today’s terms for others to think about.

These 'considered odd' people –incredibly-, seem to use the same history that leads their readers to very similar conclusions.

I vote; teach history & historical economics, -not modern day economics theory-, to those being educated, let them develop their own assessment.

History does repeat, -I have no doubt-, putting a modern-day mathematical model over it is more problematic, but R~ and Armstrong are certainly closer that I have ever seen before.

The common denominator is…history…read and educate ourselves rather than being ‘taught’ how it should be!

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Armstrong seems to imply that a period of hyperinflation will follow the deflationary period which will lead into a great depression.

I need to read the document again.

[edit on 22-11-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by phrig

I understand where you are coming from, but history does not repeat itself, per se.

What makes history ubiquitous, is the predictability of human nature. Time, it appears, does not serve predictability, only human outcomes to the time spent serving it!

Ever wonder why it is easier to control the many than the few?

(this is what alcohol does to braincells - don't drink and type people)!

Breifne

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Breifne

I can envision the sudden awareness of new ideas as a wave or cycle that is not included into his model.....other then that I believe the cycle Martin lays out to be a very good map.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Main Page

I am going to open up all of the past suggestion & predictions pages as well as the past reinhardt’s journal pages so you can use the material within them to make Thanksgiving Day family debates swing toward your side.

On Thanksgiving Day I am also going to open up the currently “protected” “reinhardt’s journal” for this week.

This would be a good year to talk politics at the dinner table;-)

sincerely,

reinhardt

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Yes I am knee deep into Martin's stuff right now...seems a little more tangible formula than what I have gotten from r so far...but very applicable to be able to apply to his information.

Someone has started an Armstrong thread already, not much there so far.

Seems the RoCath church has been in tune to this for years as well...

www.bloomberg.com...

"prophecy," interesting.

does the church know the pattern and ride the inevitable wave or can they actually control it?
def reinforces R's statements.
peace
-t

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The Somalia plot thickens...

'Toxic waste' behind Somali piracy

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Welcome to Amerika, Comrade...

First Obama:

Obama touts plan to create 2.5 million jobs

Then Bush against "protectionism" (because it's such a big problem!?!)

Bush's dire warnings of global protectionism

Notice that the economic failure is the impetus for both...

Late breaking: Just saw this, it's like a script (for disaster):

Fed Pledges Top $7.4 Trillion to Ease Frozen Credit (Update1)

The train whistle you hear in the distance is the HYPERINFLATION Express.

[edit on 24-11-2008 by ScaredStraight]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by justyc

Wow....how in the hell can a person keep up at ATS. I am reading three different books because of ATS, I watch CNBC, Bloomberg, BNC finance networks 24/7, ATS got first dibs for display on my Blackberry, and now I gotta read all of R's stuff.

No wonder the economy is going to crap, everybody has access to way to much info. lol

Not According to this Armstrong guy though, that was a good read....if I understood Armstrong he seems to imply that thier is not much that we can do with the coming future....it is part of a number of cycles all peaking close to each other.

Very good read.

[edit on 24-11-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I played a bit with the 8.6 year cycle, mapped it onto an excel graph then read in the ^DJI for the time period civered, and finally added Reinhardts Legatus meetings connections.

The result is this:

[edit on 24-11-2008 by phrig]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by phrig

It really drops off the grid near the end.

So are we off plan?

The meetings seem to hit at various odd times, I cannot see a pattern between the Catholic Church and the DJI.

Do you?
Armstrong seems close until the end.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by phrig

Very cool, phrig! Thanks for posting that chart. The Armstrong stuff is quite fascinating. I would be curious to hear R's take on it.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

legatus meetings coincide with the failure of a large company in the city the meeting was held - not with the dji. just to clear that up

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by justyc

Ok. Thanks.

Any idea why the sudden drop off after the 8 year cycle?

Set up for another wave?

Maybe acting like a Tsunami in which it sucks all the water off of the shore and then bammm...hyperinflation?

or....a period of intense deflation???

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
reply to post by justyc

Ok. Thanks.

Any idea why the sudden drop off after the 8 year cycle?

Set up for another wave?

Maybe acting like a Tsunami in which it sucks all the water off of the shore and then bammm...hyperinflation?

or....a period of intense deflation???

shouldn't be too long to find out either way.

i think this period seem to be an especially important one though compared to previous times - perhaps because of the type of technology there is nowadays. perhaps they're just getting desperate to move their plans up a notch or two. or maybe we are nearing their ultimate and final completion date for their long term plan

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join