It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi Declared Martial Law last night!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Because he suffers from the occasional foot-in-mouth disease.

Wait...what makes him different that any other politician. Asking, rhetorically.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

He would make a good candidate (except for the few times that he eats shoe leather). However, he would fall under the same scrutiny that the lame-stream media heaped onto Ron Paul. Since the MSM is nothing more than the propaganda arm of the fedgov, they will not give the time of day to him (or those like him). When they do, it's all negative. But I'm preaching to the choir.

In the end, until Americans get fed up enough to actually hold these traitors accountable: we will get more of the same. "Conservatives" are not the minority; however, we continue to lose. Why? Because we're too nice and mortified of being accused of being un-PC. Some of us "in the trenches" couldn't care less; however, certainly those elected are too worried about getting re-elected to actually stand up (except for the few RP types).

Reform the GOP? Tall order. Try to make Libertarians a viable alternative? Serious amounts of baggage to clean up. Start a new party that would attract a broad range of freedom loving individuals (CP is out on that one)? Good luck. No easy alternatives exist - and yet our posterity depends on us to do SOMETHING. I'm frustrated. Betrayed by those who've said they'd represent us and with no real alternatives.

Any suggestions other than running for office with $$ from CFL?

da

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Did you catch her Party's over rant ? Is she freaking kidding me? She runs her mouth about how they will not bailout wall street anymore... um... correct me if I am wrong but they are about to hand over 700 big ones... ???????? Why talk a big game at this point lmao oh my goodness.....

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I will be posting this entry into every thread related to this 'martial law' question.

Yes, the name is alarming, and no, it is not related to civilian day-to-day activities.

But don't breath a heart-felt sigh of relief just yet. There is a reason for the alarming nomenclature..., it is extraordinary that they should invoke this process with blanket immunity, especially since we have no idea what 'extras' will be riding on the final measure.

The 'enforcement' of the expediency is very telling of the intent. I hate to say it, because many of us here at ATS are in the unenviable position of being able to claim, 'We told you so." on the current financial crisis (I would much rather have been wrong); but it looks like some of us will be in that very same position in a matter of weeks, if not days. This 'blanket authority to depart from regular legislative process' can be applied to whatever measure they want, since the declaration of legislative martial law escaped the narrow definition of the bailout.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by onepissedoffsaint

Because she cares. Wild concept, I know.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
clipmarks.com...

It explains the type of martial law pelosi enacted.

It is simply a way of ramrodding this bill through witout the standard house procedure,

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Ok just popping in for the latest breaking news, I am still sick with chest congestion stuff, so with my swimmy head can someone explain what this all means in lamans terms?
I see from the posts above that some say move on nothing to look at here while others are freaking out.
Do I forgo the bills on the first to further stock up or do I just continue on as usual? Of course the morgage gets paid reguardless.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

Wasn't the first Patriot Act after 9/11 forced through under Martial Law of Congress? I thought that was the case. There were so many reps that didn't get a chance to read it and it was over a thousand pages. I remember hearing the Cheney gave them the speech of "if you delay this or don't vote for it then you too are terrorists".

This is a very shady act of congress that should NEVER be allowed regardless of the dire need be it souped up like this financial fiasco or not.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
BAILOUT DEFEATED!!!!

power to the people....screw wall street...screw trickle down economics...

let this corrupt bullstuff crash....federal reserve is illegal/corrupt

rise from the ashes with NESARA

[edit on 29-9-2008 by Skipper1975]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
ahhh I see what they are saying on the news now,... I shall retract my statement lolol....I thought she supported the bill to be passed... ahhh okays...

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Skipper1975

I can't the link to work .. seems dead or removed...???

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Yes, and you definitely were one of the few who told us so. Unfortunately there were many that were calling it BS and fear mongering. I saw the signs years ago and the writing was clearly on the wall. I told my wife last year that 2008 was going to be a VERY bad year for the economy and that we could seriously be facing another great depression. Of course she laughed at me and said she didn't want to talk about it.

She brought it up the other day and said, "I thought the world was supposed to end in 2008." I told her I never said that. I reiterated what I did say about the economy and she didn't laugh this time.

It's not a joke and for those that think it is, well, time to wake up. There are criminals about that are stealing everything that you think you own. If we don't stand up to them now then one day that will be a true statement. They WILL own everything and we'll be slave labor for their 'fabulous' lifestyles.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skipper1975
BAILOUT DEFEATED!!!!

power to the people....screw wall street...screw trickle down economics...

let this corrupt bullstuff crash....federal reserve is illegal/corrupt

rise from the ashes with NESARA

[edit on 29-9-2008 by Skipper1975]

YES!!!!!!!!!!

That is GREAT NEWS!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I hope she calls for impeachment when the holidays are over.

Does that mean Bush stays in for another term as the impeachment
wars continue.

Impeach the vice president and she is in brotha.

Pelosi is my kind of gal.

[edit on 9/30/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I can't find any statement from Nancy Pelosi saying that we are under Martial Law . Can you help me out here

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
There is one problem here. The Speaker of the House cannot declare Marshall Law. Isn't that correct constitutionlly>

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I can't find any statement from Nancy Pelosi saying that we are under Martial Law . Can you help me out here

It is a difficult proposition to respond to a question posted anonymously, I would rather encourage you to join the dialog.

It wasn't a declaration of martial law. per se. It was a provision allowing the current 'national' state of 'emergency' to be justification for the extraordinary process of legislature departing from the rules that require more time to debate and review legislation, as if an emergency of national security were in place, i.e. martial law. I will try to find the little snippet of audio where you hear them pass the resolution "under provisions of martial law"....

By that way... I'm impressed that you followed this old thread... everyone was so happy when the bill initially failed to pass..., so the Senate grabbed it, added hundreds of pages of pork and 'special provisions' like the legal unchallengability of the Treasury Secretary's mandates, and passed it anyway. So sad.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join