It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get Ready Folks.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by thrashee

Why are all of these suggestions for preparations left out of such threads,

I left it out of my response because this is not my thread.
That, and, I don’t want to get hit with being *off topic*.
I’ve started threads on how to prepare.
Survival techniques.
In fact even a thread yesterday concerning people educating themselves in Emergency Medical Training - going as far as taking a EMT class, or making sure someone in the *family* takes a class.
Most of what I see here is people thinking about their stomachs (Stock up on Food Now!!!) - or arming their household (guns, ammo, etc).
Though both concerns have their points - IMO Emergency Medical Training is far lower on the list (that I see on ATS) than it should be.
I agree with you though on your point about how so many threads cry out the fear, but don't include anything to combat fear with.
And not just *Be Prepared* - but HOW to be prepared.

...taps...

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I live near a track. I see these cars daily. In fact saw a line of them empty today.

When they go south they are empty, when they go north they have cars in them.

Since I live near Tuscon I believe that they get the shipments from cars made in Mexico, and bring them North, then return back south empty for a refill.

Ama

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
OK, judge for yourself. Here's a link showing the two level auto carrier rail cars.

Auto carriers

---Matty

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

You do realize the US is about to collapse financially and go into martial law?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I hate to be the one to break the news to you but these railroad cars were designed to carry new cars and vans. The metal mesh on the side of each is there to protect the vehicles from vandals(Kids throwing rocks).

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
It would be great to have a picture of the camp and the train along side of it.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cmongo4

lol i'm a white boy from a christian family and I'm still considered a threat because I "make numerous references to the constitution."

FBI pamphlet identifies defenders of the constitution as terrorist suspects.

Makes you think.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Have you ever had a party and there just wasn't enough places to park, so you friends had to park on the surrounding streets? Ever gone to a store and there was no parking because the lot was full, so you had to park a little distance away?

Same thing here folks. I have a friend in the Railroad business and I have studied that business as well as a hobby, and all that represents is that there was a Siding available to store the cars at that location until they are needed again. Here is the OPs original pic, with corrections.

These cars are built to be sturdy yet LITE, as in save weight because that would reduce the available load that the engines could haul. Put large openings in the sides that people should not be able to crawl through yet will secure the cargo. Make the ends of the cars Doorways that allow loading and unloading on two levels maximizing the number of automobiles that can be carried.

Wikipedia Autotrack

Of course if they were parked a few miles from a chemical plant someone would state that the cars were to be fitted with poison gas chemical warfare systems to kill NWO prisoners.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by cmongo4

or even better said by pink floyd
"quietly passing your time in the grasland away"
From sheep

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AHostileMe

That is all that these "prison cars" amount up to. These cars are nothing but mere bilevel and tri-level autoracks built by Thrall-Trinity Inudstries in the late 1970s into the early 1980s. The wires and cables that the rest of the members are talking about are for restraining the auotmobiles whille in transport. The straps and what have you are used to keep the automobiles from causing any load shift which could overturn the autorack or racks. This is due to the current class of autoracks not being able to handle any type of curve above 40 degrees in radius. These cars do fall under the AAR Plate C or C-1 due to the excess height and loading gauges.
However, there are still railroad lines in this country that cannot handle the cars either due to height restrictions, width restrictions, of a combination of both of these two factors.

The current class of autoracks are not restricted from growing longer. With the advent of the articualted autorack, it is now possible to run autoracks where it was not possible to run autoracks before. The new Auto-Max carriers have now doubled the capacity that the older versions could handle. With the advent of the AUTOMAX by Greenbrier Corporation of Lake Oswego, Oregon, it is now possible to carry either sixteen automobiles of eight full size SUVs on one car. However still, some railroad lines are not even able to handle the new AUTOMAX carriers due to the same restrictions as to what restricted the older model enclosed bi-level and triple level autoracks.

Even I myself have been able to grab a shot or two of the older model autoracks. This is of a FERROMEX autorack that I shot back in Janurary of this year. This autorack is of the bi-level type, which is the lowest height of the autoracks that are currently built. However, this does not include the now extinct open-air bi-levels that were popular with the railroads prior to 1975.

Just my "unbiased" railfan opinion on this topic. Now I shall leave this alone.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
As a long time lurker here I am finally going to respond to a thread. I consider myself a semi expert on railroads and I can state for a fact that the freight cars in question here are not going to be used for anything other than moving cars, trucks and the occasional farm tractor! There are literally tens of thousands of these freight cars in operation across the US (google "auto rack").

Right now, sales of vehicles are way down and the railroads do not need the entire fleet of these very specialized freight cars. The railroads have regular storage yards for excess equipment but it looks like they may be filling up and the extra cars are spilling out into other areas. The reason they are sitting where they are is nothing more sinister than it was a good place to get them out of the way. Nothing more nor less.

What really worries me about all of this is the fact that there are so many excess auto racks to begin with.......think about it.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The Train Cars in the OP are 'Auto-Rack' train cars.

They are used for hauling new automobiles cross country. European cars from Baltimore, Japanese Cars from Long Beach or Seattle. Here is a picture of an auto-rack I found on a site all the way in Alaska.

Don't be scared that these train cars are sitting empty. They are probably empty because the auto industry is getting beaten up.

They are not Prison cars, although I guess in dire circumstances could be used as such.

DocMoreau

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
It's true. By October 14, martial law will be a reality. You don't have to take my word for it...

Let's say if, and I say IF the supposed October 14 ufo event occurs, imagine the reaction of people. I'll leave it at that.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
These ARE automotive transport cars!! I operate a locomotive moving them everyday from Kansass City to LA. People haulers? Buddy you really need to get a grip on yourself.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
To the naysayers, remember, this is the facility that has the barbed wire fence tops tilted inward, as though they are expecting the cars or cows to attempt to jump the fence.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by Distractions4Nothing]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
People need to calm down and get a grip. There are plenty --- and I mean plenty --- of things to be worried about right now. The intent of the government to suddenly start seizing train-loads of citizens and cart them off to FEMA camps is unlikely in the extreme. Sure, there is a YouTube video. That means nothing. I've seen tons of YouTube videos that the poster THOUGHT was something and it was not. Be careful what you believe.

The last time a government attempted a mass round-up of the population was in the 30's. It was allowed to happen largely because mass, realtime communication wasn't possible. Nowadays there is no way the gov't could pull this off. It would be all over the net within minutes. Now, if the gov't pulls down the net and communications are disrupted be sure the SHTF is upon us.

Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha. Don't make me laugh. Seriously, there seems to be just the slightest problem here.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

If these were used for cattle one sniff would tell which kind.I see no manure in the crevices here and there always is some.Cattle cars also have movable ramps for load/unloading.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by thrashee

Who cares about all the different purposes they might serve? The question is, why are they there. That is what you are trying to answer in this thread, correct?

Furthermore, the biggest leap you're making here is in assuming that because they're parked near the FEMA camp, they must be for the FEMA camp. You have no proof of that either way, thus, you're assuming.

That rail line stops at the camp. It's not like the rail line passes the camp, it ENDS there.

I'll have quite a few more pictures to share tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SHNIPE

Thank you, I was going to point out that these are vehicle transport cars. www.madre-de-dios.org...

Not prison cars, however pointing that out. These would be the perfect containers for en masse movement of people to "happy fun time camps"

Anywho, as badly as FEMA is managed, do you honestly think they would be able to run a prison camp? I mean seriously?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

There are probably fifty of these cars parked on the southeast side of New Castle Indiana. No automobile factories around there.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join