It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voluntary sterilization of poor women proposed by Louisiana state legislator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Voluntary sterilization of poor women proposed by Louisiana state legislator

en.wikinews.org

A Louisiana representative has proposed a controversial solution to "generational welfare," which would pay women on welfare to get sterilization. Republican John LaBruzzo said he thought of the idea because of his constituents' outrage over paying for welfare.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
abcnews.go.com
blog.nola.com
thinkprogress.org
www.wjbo.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Eugenics Moves to the Twenty-First Century
Eugenics Anyone?
EUGENICS
eugenics is still alive and well within the united states??

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Can anyone say eugenics is still alive and well in the United States of America? It boggles my mind that eugenics incentives are still circling the political forum. I mean honestly how can a politician expect anyone to take him seriously after proposing such an idea.

It is like we are digressing back to the 1920's, I mean after all we are having similar economic troubles.

en.wikinews.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Posted
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and again
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Search is your freind.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I'd kill to have someone give me a free fix. You'd probably be surprised at how many people would LOVE to have this happen in their states. I just wish this would happen here!
And I can already tell you that my girlfriend would be in total support of something like this also, as well as at least 5 of my friends.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Someone might suggest to the good politician that it's a lot quicker, easier, cheaper and more efficient to line up the MALES for sterilization rather than the females.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
Someone might suggest to the good politician that it's a lot quicker, easier, cheaper and more efficient to line up the MALES for sterilization rather than the females.

Not ever close thats as sexist as it gets. Women make babies not men.
One man could impregnate a very large population of women.
Doing this to men would do absolutely nothing to stop poverty and crime.
Not to mention men do not get welfare, youve got to have kids to get it.
Men dont have kids, ever been to the welfare dpt?

All women and their babies. Those babies are who commit crimes.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Memysabu

Sorry. I forgot to put my sarcasm light on to show my state of irritated facetiousness.

Of course women make the babies. But not by themselves. As you mentioned, one man could impregnate a large population of women. Personally, I find it offensive that voluntary sterilization would be offered ONLY to women. Nice that they finally offer voluntary sterilization (if it's offered to all-rich or poor) but to offer it only to women so as to cut back on welfare is just offensive, insulting and incredibly sexist.

LOL about the babies who commit crimes. I read that and suddenly got a mental picture of an infant with a plastic water gun pointed at an older child, saying, "hand over the lollipop and nobody gets hurt". LOL

top topics

join