It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Obama- McCain debate thread

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by anyone

McCain is right about corporate taxes. Too high. Lot of companies going to Ireland. Obama raising this tax will send more companies overseas.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I promise you will see ads were Obama keeps saying MCCain is right. Obama is giving him credit.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Independents spiked on the comment by McCain on bringing a surge to Afghanistan....

Does the green line represent only those independents in the audiance in Mississippi or is it somehow connected to select persons chosen via CNN?

Anyways..i find that to be a interesting spike!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

maybe caused the surged helped to bring talks of exiting Iraq and there is hope it will do same to Afghanistan.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
My vote is still Obama but he just made it sound like Pakistan is has been attacking U.S.... We really have been crossing the line this last week. If we don't agree with our "friends" then we need to stop playing games. I guess Obama is saying he won't be playing these games.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Hmmm...

CNN just lost their feed.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by anyone

Obama made the absurb statement we should have attacked Pakistan way before these recent encounters. Once again showing his lack of experiance and understanding of the region

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
McCain says Iran is an existential threat...
I think he meant to say exponetial? Off topic, sort of.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
John McCain seems to be very smug to me while Obama is speaking. He also sounds like George Bush on the war...sorry....that's how he sounds to me.

McCain dishonors our troops by suggesting that losing under George Bush's mission brings dishonor to them. What a horrible comment in my opinion.

link   
Anyone care to voice their opinion of the winner of this debate this early before it ends?
I say McCain hands down//

link   
Obama once again has told McCain he is right. After tonight we will have a whole 60 second commercial of "you're rights".

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Obama couldn't remember the name of the SGT on his bracelet, had to look at it.

Why does he keep say McCain is right? I think if he wanted to win this he wouldn't give him credit. He would just put out his agenda.

link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Um....what honor is there in losing in a military campaing/operation/war?

I don't think any country's military sees much honor in defeat, no matter the Commander in Chief.

link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Weird so did msnbc, i was able to get it back but it just quit about the same time.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'm watching CNN now, and haven't noticed any problem with the feed. The only problem I see is with the rhetoric.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Um....what honor is there in losing in a military campaing/operation/war?

I don't think any country's military sees much honor in defeat, no matter the Commander in Chief.

The honor comes from serving not you successes and failures. Soldiers do what they are ordered to do and that is where the honor resides. It is honorable to serve, the results mute.

link   
reply to post by Hal9000

There's always a problem with rhetoric....it gets old after a while.

CNN lost their feed from 10:02 through 10:06....at least on my cable provider.

link   
Obama -"Direct Diplomacy" This is what I feel is the core of his Ideals.

-side note I believe Obama is much more explicit in what he will do versus McCain.

And Obama was agreeing with McCain in the beginning I feel because McCain was reiterating exactly what Obama said about the economy.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
McCain is playing stupid with the American people. Come on, isn't obvious. If this republican wins, it might look good for one year and then we fall hard-er. I seriously think McCain and Palin are just BS...Obama is real but i still think if America wants a revolution, vote for Nadar.

Let the democrats and republicans fix this crisis without being in power...how you like them apples?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I feel like I've heard all of this before. Maybe cause it is the same stuff we been hearing for the last few months.

I thought Obama said we needed to have this debate so America could see where they stood on this economic bailout. I didn't hear much from either. They went around the question.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join