It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Obama- McCain debate thread

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

McCain has a really bad temper. Refering to him as senetor "O" keeps his temper in check, Ive noticed this for a while now.
A democratic strategy for this debate is to make McCain lose his temper but it`s not gonna happen

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Dollar Bill

I've seen him were it many times before tonight

but

each channel chooses a side (fox,cnn,cartoon network etc)

mine happens to be the internet wheres there is more then 2 sides

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Okay yeah McCain was blinking away (so was Obama) and he sounds like a war monger...however...he made some very nice insinuations. Somal...Iraq war..the Russian Invasi...Conflict.

He was quick, and he was smooth. Other than the fact he came off as a war monger, he did pretty well!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
i first thought the meter on the bottom of the cnn's coverage of the debate was McCain's heart monitor lol

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I think McCain edged out a narrow victory in this debate.

Not a "knocked it out of the park" victory, but he edged out Obama....IMO.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Did anyone notice how Senator Obama kept interrupting Senator McCain? Yet I do not recall Senator McCain doing the same in return. Everyone kept focusing on Sen. McCain "losing his temper", yet he kept his composure EXTREMELY well, even more so than Sen. Obama this time around.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
I think McCain edged out a narrow victory in this debate.

Not a "knocked it out of the park" victory, but he edged out Obama....IMO.

what do you mean edged? out
i'm not knowing that term?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

I'd agree with that. Both looked calm and composed. Both slipped a bit here and there but no major gaffes.

Overall, McCain by a hair.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

I mean, he did slightly better than Obama in the debate.

Neither had a resounding victory, no great "gotcha" moments.

McCain kept his temper, but did look a tad smug and sound a bit smug on occasion.

Obama kept saying McCain was/is right, agreeing with McCain. Obama looked flustered at times, smirked at times, interrupted McCain on occasion.

McCain came out looking slightly better than Obama....overall, in this debate.

[edit on 9/26/2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
One thing I noticed was at first McCain made a comment that he supported the surge in Iraq and that it was working, and then later towards the end, he stated pretty much the opposite. Obama looked pushy, and McCain looked like a smooth talker who could probably lie his face off and none would be the wiser if he had to.

I'm not sure why I watched the debate, even. Blegh to it all.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Round 1 Winner = McCain

Obama was on his heels, reacting... reacting....

Barack was exposed on his lack of experience in this debate...

It is only Round 1, but if you look at the tape from an undecided view...

You can't help but see....

Well..

That is up to each individual to decide....

It will be interesting to see how this all pans out in the next debate

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
Did anyone notice how Senator Obama kept interrupting Senator McCain?

All about keeping it real and standing up to the man. If the reverse had happened it would be seen as "disrespect". But since Obama did it, it's all good!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I think that I could have heard a lot more on the economy. I wish in this circumstance to change the main debate to entirely economy would have been more important to the worried American viewer.

McCain's "spending freeze" doesn't sound plausible.

Obama sounds diplomatic while McCain seems ready to fight. -My opinion.

Wish it had been a longer debate... just when it was getting good.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by anyone]

link   
reply to post by Dollar Bill

Can you give your opinion without referring to one's appearance?

That's really uncalled for.

link   
McCain won this. little or by much, a win is a win.

With that said there are still two more left and could even include a few more crisis in between......who knows....

link   
I'd say Obama did ok for being off teleprompters.

Id say 60% McCain / 40% Obama

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Quite frankly, I'm fairly pleased with the results, even if the end decision was that McCain wins by a hair. Since supposedly, this is this strongest suit (foreign policy), only edging out his opposition by a hair should not really bode well for him.

Personally, I think the next term should be focused on our efforts at home. I expect the next two debates to swing in favor of Obama.

Finally, I think McCain is over-stressing his opinion that Obama is an ignorant whelp. It's going to come back to bite him, if he keeps trying to infer that Obama just isn't experienced enough to grasp the intricacies of foreign policy. I could really give a flying rats butt less if McCain personally visited some of these countries. He needs to lay off on this angle, if he wants to make headway. I thought less of him for this than anything.

Overall, Obama was more reserved. He could have probably taken more shots at McCain on some key points, but for myself, I was glad to see he didn't try to press home the commercials we keep seeing that we don't need more of the same. I was pleased he tried to stick to brass tacks as it were.

Overall, a solid debate.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Seriously, yes Obama appeared to be on the defensive. McCain appeared to be under a bit of pressure, but speaking his own truth and not basing his existence and his reactions on his opposition.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

The problem since McCain started is that people keep underestimating him. I think that is dangerous for Obama to do. Obama understands economics because of what is advisor tells him but he is not an expert either. If I was McCain and he start talking about corporate loopholes I would tell him to name them just to watch him stammer.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join