Official Obama- McCain debate thread

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
10 hours to go, might as well start the day as if the debate is happening. This thread is simply to analyze what is being said in the debate. NOT to push your own views on us, left or right. Simply a thread for those watching the debate who care to make comments on it.

This all of course depending on if it actually happens!!!

If there are any updates on the status, post them here

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
just heard on the news McCain will be attending the debate, Source is a "close aid of mcCain" - Reuters

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

Yea I heard that too. Looks like the debate is on!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Yes, debate is on and I am very happy. Economic questions will most likely be raised and discussed according to moderator Jim Lehrer. I have a feeling that this will be a very important debate. For those that want to avoid the MSM spin doctors, watch or listen to it on CSPAN. No TV? Watch online here.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Multiple Junkie
Yes, debate is on and I am very happy. Economic questions will most likely be raised and discussed according to moderator Jim Lehrer. I have a feeling that this will be a very important debate. For those that want to avoid the MSM spin doctors, watch or listen to it on CSPAN. No TV? Watch online here.

I have a dinner with my grandfather tonight, who absolutely hate politics..... LOL.

But that leaves me scrambling to catch the replay. So far, on the west coast Directv, I can only see that FOX news has a replay at 11:00pm... Are there any immediate replays?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Anyone heard if they are going to stick with the original premise of this being a foreign policy/national security debate? Or are they going to switch the focus to the economy.....meaning that we will have two debates focusing on economical issues?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Well I was looking forward to the debate but I guess McCain already won it.

McCain Wins Debate!

Original URL

In all honesty I'm really looking forward to it. The hype is building and I think the pressure is on Obama to deliver. Same thing applies to Biden and Palin.

Can't wait

[edit on 26-9-2008 by walkinghomer]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

My guess is the debate went fro m95% foreign policy to about 75%... The fine line, and perhaps humor( if there is such a thing in these days) will be to see how often the candidate tries to twist an obvious question on foreign policy into an economical issue. God how I wish for some sort of running ticker for that.

A ha! An idea. Since I can't do it live, I'll try to give a ticker of how often either candidate does the obvious politics of switching topics on a question to the economy.

Or someone can do it live.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The Latest Polls Show Obama Is Kicking McCain's Rear

The latest polls are out, and the news does NOT look good at all for John McCain. The numbers say McCain is fading, and fading fast:

thepoliticaljungle.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MandM
The Latest Polls Show Obama Is Kicking McCain's Rear

The latest polls are out, and the news does NOT look good at all for John McCain. The numbers say McCain is fading, and fading fast:

thepoliticaljungle.blogspot.com...

as much as i like to hear good news. this isnt a poll thread. keep it on the debate please.... thanks

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
Anyone heard if they are going to stick with the original premise of this being a foreign policy/national security debate? Or are they going to switch the focus to the economy.....meaning that we will have two debates focusing on economical issues?

IT is likely OBAMA and maybe Mccain will try to tie together the FINANCIAL crisis
and the original subject.

LIKE; being in a DEPRESSION is a matter of national security.

AND CHINA OWNING a TRILLION dollars of USA debt is both a national security issue, a foreign policy issue and an ECONOMIC issue.

WE will see.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
what channel is everyone watching on? looks like im stuck on fox for the replay...

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

It looks like Fox is the only one with a replay @ 2:00 am Eastern time.

I checked through the listings on Tivo, and neither CNN nor MSNBC are showing a replay.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

a little odd no replays. i remember in 04 there were replays a plenty... I even think there were replays of the primaries... A tad bit annoying.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I don't have cable anymore.
I'm going to watch this from the CSPAN link above.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I just double-checked for replays for the debate.

No one except Fox is showing a replay....not even CSPAN (CSPAN2 isn't even showing the debate).

But, the debate itself will air at 9:00 eastern time on:

ABC
CBS
NBC
CNN
CSPAN
FOX
FOX News
MSNBC

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Why on earth would you want to see a replay of two predictable people making predictable statements inciting predictable reactions?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes
Why on earth would you want to see a replay of two predictable people making predictable statements inciting predictable reactions?

I have my reasons... Im interested. And that's enough for me.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Is it just me, or does this feel like it is going to be the "Rumble In The Jungle"? Wow, I cannot wait to witness THIS debate.

BTW did everyone see the Teleprompter in front of Obama's Podium before the speaking began? It was there during the set-up, and then it was removed. Keep an eye out for any Earpieces as well lol.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
what channel is everyone watching on? looks like im stuck on fox for the replay...

Yep, same here. For the conventions I watched the local PBS type channels which displayed the entirety of both the DNC and the RNC. This time around however I am glued to Fox. Fox always has a good discussion panel as well, filled with a variety of views.

[edit on 9-26-2008 by TheAgentNineteen]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join