It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Obama- McCain debate thread

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
O is making a big mistake by saying repeatedly "when I`m president of the united States"..
You FIRST have to be elected by the people of the United States and he`s taking them for granted..
McCain on the other hand is more humble and sais If I`m elected the president of the United States..

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by anyone

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I think he meant in terms of a continual existing threat, which is one of the meanings of existential.

And what up with all the eyeball avatars in this thread?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

I work with Marines everyday.....

Yes, they are honored to serve. And, I am honored to work with them; but, they don't talk defeat. These guys (at least the ones I work with) want to prevail.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
reply to post by iamcamouflage

I work with Marines everyday.....

Yes, they are honored to serve. And, I am honored to work with them; but, they don't talk defeat. These guys (at least the ones I work with) want to prevail.

Every single troop I've met has been the same way. The VA isnt far from here. Every Vietnam vet there will tell you they felt spit on just by the fact of leaving.

To add to that. A lot of them were literally spit on when they got home.

[edit on 9/26/2008 by AndrewTB]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

I wish we could have finished this job the first time. If we would have got Saddam out in the first war we all would have been better off. I salute all of the ones that have been in this second war. They deserve to win.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I just heard the first laughs from the crowd when McCain was tearing into Obama's "No Pre-Conditions" idea behind meeting with Iran. I will say this as well though, both candidates really seem to be keeping their civility, even when the back-and-forth gets fairly heated.

LOL McCain just replied (in regards to Obama taking a jab at President Bush's comments about "Looking Into Putin's Eyes and Seeing His Soul"): "I also looked into Putin's eyes, and I saw three letters, a K, a G, and a B". Wow, that was a clever line.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Perfect stage for McCain to show his experience. McCain is making Obama look like a freshman Senator...oh wait......

Side note....McCain didn't lose his temper! That was a Democrat goal for tonights debate.

Both looked prepared, but McCain wins by showing off his experience.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
LOL McCain just replied (in regards to Obama taking a jab at President Bush's comments about "Looking Into Putin's Eyes and Seeing His Soul"): "I also looked into Putin's eyes, and I saw three letters, a K, a G, and a B". Wow, that was a clever line.

I forgot who attacked who first? I thought Georgia attacked Russia first? no?

I look in McCain's eyes and see two letters: a B and S

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Obama has me wondering about something. He has said a few times that he warned about certain things but yet never tried to pass legislation to fix the problem. Let's take corporate loopholes. If he know this is a problem why hasn't he tried with his power as a US Senator to close these loopholes?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
McCains advisore should have had him wear an American lapel pin here. Can anyone make out o`s pin?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

He's been running for President.....he hasn't had time to go do the job he was elected to do.

Of course, that can be said for both of them.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dollar Bill
McCains advisore should have had him wear an American lapel pin here. Can anyone make out o`s pin?

The Us flag

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
It's interesting how Obama keeps addressing him as John but McCain only refers to him as Senator Obama.

I think that's a curious side bar to the debate.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Dollar Bill

he has the tie...red white, and shirt blue.....patriotic doesn't mean they have to wear pins. Both are patriotic.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

I've heard him say Senator McCain is right several times. Seems to call him John when he directs something to him.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Um....what honor is there in losing in a military campaing/operation/war?

I don't think any country's military sees much honor in defeat, no matter the Commander in Chief.

After serving for four years there, yes I believe my son should be honored for his efforts.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

LOL,,, He finaly wore a US flag, This guy is so full of dung.
Thanks for that info I`m watching a small picture on the web I stopped watching left wing TV a long time ago.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

As have I. I haven't heard McCain say Barak anytime through out the debate. I've missed a few minutes though so he may have while I was a way from the room.

I think it is a good tactic for McCain. Keeps it more professional sounding.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Not only is it more professional, it is more respectful.

JMO...

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by adkchamp

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

I forgot who attacked who first? I thought Georgia attacked Russia first? no?

I look in McCain's eyes and see two letters: a B and S

Actually they did not. Russia has been actively undermining the governments of its former Soviet States, and provoked the Ossetian conflict. I have nothing against Russia in general, but Putin has truly set the Nation on a backward spiral into its darker days of mass oppression and state control. Yes, I am sure that you did see a B and an S, for Beating Soviets, which is what he helped accomplish years ago.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join