It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Obama- McCain debate thread

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
well at least this moderator wants them to go at it.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
not that this matters, but ive never heard this whistle s before.. or at least as amplified.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
This Main Street verbage drives me nutz. How many of us actually live on Main Street. Talk to us, the American people, not the big fish in the little pond Main Street businesses. Yes they matter. Do they represent us? No. What is wrong with us just being people? Why do they have to sound-bite us with a cute little name Both parties are guilty. Aaaargh. We are not a market segment. Good grief.

Rant number one....

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
They aren't going to go at it; hell they won't even look at each other. They have 5 minutes to talk to the other, and all either has done is look at the camera or at the moderator.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
McCain defiantly owns him on this pork barrel spending. If obama was smart, he'd try and change this topic asap

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
not that this matters, but ive never heard this whistle s before.. or at least as amplified.

What whistle would that be? Do you mean a random high-pitched noise during the Debate right now?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
McCain is scoring big point now and putting O on the ropes regarding his earmark spending.
O is on the defensive regarding his record saying he abanded any more earmarks but mcCain points out he only did that AFTER he ran for Prez,,
If Mccain keeps this up, showing O as a fraud, he will win this debait

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but $250.000.00 per year ain't rich. Obama needs to get that through his head. In some areas of this country, that amount, for a family of 4, is just barely middle class.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Obama said that 95% of All Americans make less than $250,000 a year, and thus 95% of Americans will never see their taxes raised, "Not a Dime" according to him. However, is that amount not extremely relative? In NYC $250,000 a Year is FAR from Rich. In the Washington, D.C. area $250,000 a Year is NOT Rich either. Also, what about Families and Couples who jointly declare taxes? I know plenty of Four Member households that declare over $250,000 for tax purposes, yet they are completely within the definition of Working Middle-Class. I simply cannot understand how only 5% of Americans make or declare this amount (or greater).

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Ding Ding Ding.

Obama is going to get me Broadband in this rural community! Finally! Now I might be able to load an ATS page in under one minute.

Ok...now back to Main Street.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

That is basically my point.

And, I still am waiting to hear one of them actually answer the question the moderator asks.......

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
hahahahahaha o is bumbling while McCain is putting forth REAl changes to goverment spending programs.
O has no changes that he can articulate, he keeps agreeing with John,, this is a great debate, the presidential marterial is clearly visible while the one with big ears looks for his scripts,,

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
95% is 95% i dont think it matters where you live. And those in rich areas like LA and NY vote democrat anyways. So I dont think Obama is gonna lose those votes.

And obama is not going to lose this debate on earmarks alone... if you think that. thats funny.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

I didn`t say he was goning to lose the debate on earmarks alone,,

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
talk about a wierd debate.... Obama keeps saying Senator McCain is right.....both ducking questions..staying on what they rehearsed...

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
I'm sorry, but $250.000.00 per year ain't rich. Obama needs to get that through his head. In some areas of this country, that amount, for a family of 4, is just barely middle class.

I have a family of four and we make $50,000. Come on, this statement is just wrong... unless they are living beyond their means.

-Not a personal attack just my opinion.

Does anyone really know what McCain will REALLY do with taxes... it's far more vague on his side.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
It looks to me like Obama is getting a little frustrated and agitated....facial expression wise.

Half-way through, I think McCain has a slight edge....

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Notice how mcCain lets O keep blabering without interupting? Giving him all the rope he wants,,
O is sounding desperate trying to make a point that he cant,,

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Dollar Bill

Nice... this is such bunk you actually have to attack Obama personally.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by anyone

It's a matter of where you live.

Where I live, yes, $250,000 per year is high middle-class.

3 hours north in Atlanta, I doubt that a family of 4, making that amount of money, would be considered high middle-class.

You can't just look at a dollar amount; you have to look at everything that is involved with living on that dollar amount (cost of living and location make a big difference).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join