It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man falls to death after police stun gun shock

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock6

Tazing him jerked him off the ledge. They effectively killed him. If they werent trying to save a suicidal from killing himself he would have just jump and died under his own volition or gotten tired and gone home as most of these fakie-suicidals do.

Nodoy has any right to go around killing people. Not you or I and not the cops. But people should have every right to kill themselves and save the taxpayer some money in the process.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Suicidal people are not idiots, they are people with emotional and/or mental problems. They need help, not condemnation. They most definitely don't need help in ending their lives.

That's the problem they didn't let him jump. or stab, or shoot himself, they did it for him.

You may be right, maybe we should be allowed to kill ourselves if we so choose, as long as we don't injure anyone else in the process.

However as it stands right now it is against the law to commit suicide. Since it is the job of the police force to uphold the law they must try to prevent suicides not help a suicidal person along by murdering him.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Murder plain and simple. You can look at these photos and see that the man is obviously mentally handicapped. I hope these cops fry in federal prison. Maybe there, they'll get a taste of their own medicine. No matter what they say, or how they say it happened, the photos speak for themselves. What they did was just WRONG! I think anyone who lives in this area should start flooding the DA with phone calls and letters to have the officers involved in this incident tried and convicted for first degree murder. Murder one, plain and simple, no way around it.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

As you say, he may have gone back inside if the police had kept their distance and/or handled it differently.

People's right to kill themselves isn't the issue here.

Taxpayers do not pay or empower common policemen to 'assist' potential/suspected suicides. The police are paid to maintain law and order. They're supposed to be taught how to most effectively do that. And they managed to deal adequately with emotionally disturbed members of the public for a few hundred years --- before they were handed tasers.

What if police came up behind someone standing on a roof or bridge ... and simply pushed that person over the edge ?

What if police walked up to someone threatening suicide with a gun ... and simply blew his brains out ?

Or, what if police entered a room where someone was contemplating taking an overdose ... and thrust the tablets down their throat ?

All three examples above are comparable to tasering an emotionally disturbed individual who was standing on a ledge, thus causing him to fall and die.

The public wouldn't tolerate those three examples.

Yet it appears police authorities are prepared to soft-peddle it when tasers are involved.

Many people who're functioning perfectly adequately today (and possibly respected posters in ATS) at one time were so emotionally distraught and/or depressed that they considered and may even have attempted, suicide. Suicide is a logical consideration in response to the stress of living. It doesn't mean an individual is irretrievable or permanently flawed. Many well-paid professionals for example, have considered and/or attempted suicide, then recovered their equilibrium and gone on to further success professionally and personally.

Suicide is not a contagious disease. And while some may feel 'impatience' or total lack of tolerance for the suicidally-inclined, this in no way justifies police or other authorities undertaking to 'assist' someone who may appear to be suicidally inclined by pre-empting the situation and killing the individual. Wasn't Doctor Death jailed for assisting terminally-ill people to end their lives ? Yet at the same time, thugs empowered with police-uniform and tasers take it upon themselves to blast someone off a ledge !

Today the guy on the ledge. Tomorrow could be your turn

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
This happened within a few blocks of where I live.
The man was obviously deranged at the time. He was naked and in a precarious position on a ledge for over an hour.
Anyone with common sense would have known the man would fall if they tazed him.
They had ample time to put up an air bag to catch him.

The police could have grabbed the lightbulb out of his hand.

Total Stupidity that cost a man his life.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock6

Christ man I never said cops should go do the suicidals job for them. In fact I said these cops murdered the guy. Quite the opposite. How many paragraphs to tell me why I shouldnt have said something I didnt say?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The taser was given to the police department as a non-lethal alternative they could turn to in certain situations.

The ESU (NYC equivalent of SWAT) which is the unit these officers are part of, are trained far more extensively than regular street cops are, including in the further use of non-lethal weapons like tasers, mace, and all sorts of other things.

The fact that trained ESU cops deployed a non-lethal weapon knowing that it would cause the perp to fall to his death is absolutely mindboggling. I can offer up absolutely no explanation as to how this group performed an action - and how their commanding officer authorized an action - that goes against their most basic training.

[edit on 9/25/2008 by Djarums]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

I'm not from that area, but i was just sitting here thinking that i was going to email the mayor's office telling him that i believe these cops should both be tried for murder. And a couple minutes later you posted the same thing.

Quite frankly i think even the people that don't live in the area should make their voices heard about this murder of an innocent man because police seem to be tazer crazy. Maybe if enough of us start speaking up they will finally put an end to this madness.

If you have access to the names and mailing addresses of the mayor and the DA could you U2U me that information please.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
King Country Brooklyn DA is Charles J. Hynes

Send an email to the attention of DA Charles J. Hynes at [email protected]

The DA's information is:

Kings County District Attorney's
Office 350 Jay St.
Brooklyn, New York, NY 11201
Phone: 718.250.2000

Mayor's information is:

Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg
City Hall
New York, NY 10007
PHONE 311 (or 212-NEW-YORK outside NYC)

FAX (212) 788-2460

E-MAIL:
www.nyc.gov...

NOW FLOOD THEM

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Let me just ring in here with a first impression before I give a read-through. Anyone who knows me here knows that I'm not a fan of the police or tasers, but if someone was trying to jab me with a broken glass tube I might tase them. Of course they might have been better off not trying to go after the guy so agressively too. Cops need to learn patience.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

It's not about you. Nor are my posts

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Aparently you haven't seen the photos.

www.nypost.com...

www.nypost.com...

www.nypost.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JimBeam

Aw man. Thanks

Dumb as pigs strike again it appears. They just didn't want to be bothered I guess. The guy must have been eating into their donut break.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
This is absolutely ridiculously pathetic.
How stupid would you have to be to shoot someone with a tazer standing on the edge of a building?
Why would you need to taze someone who wants to die and is only a danger to themselves?
There is just to many stupid people.
What ever happened to calling a shrink?
Negotiating?

www.cbsnews.com...
The lieutenant who directed the use of the stun gun was stripped of his gun and badge, and the officer who shocked Morales was placed on desk duty as the investigation continues, WCBS reported. Their names were not released.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by Interestinggg]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Here is the actual email address from the Mayors web site. Hit it hard folks.

[email protected]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
So the police was sent in to try to save this man from ending his life only to kill him instead. This is just sickening! Also, to see the photo of the mans skull bleeding on the ground and no one there to help him it was more important to the officer to block the view and harass the photographer capturing what happen. Oh nothing to see here move along move along give me your camera. These guys need to be behind bars everyone of them that was there.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by sean]

[edit on 26-9-2008 by sean]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

Yes I'm with you on everything you said.People need to understand that Yes there are rules and law's to be governed,but the real lack of concern with so many police officer's is just that.People are people and we have got to admit to ourselves that there are certain character's out in this world that want to do want they want to do.And to many times helpless and the innocent get hurt by these unthinkable act's.A psychological exam should be given to every person placed in charge of anyone,whether it be in business or a cop.Again there are certain psychological profiles that people will just fall right into,and I bet this officer would fall right into being insecure about himself.And to make himself feel better than other's he just does what his brain can compute at the time.(Very little),police training in this country has to consist in better effort's of dealing with the average citizen.If they can't past the test,then simple find another job.Don't put other's under they're psychological trouble's.The same as the greed going on with this bail-out.Other people again placed in top position's over the innocent and unknowing taking advantage of human trust.We need to stop judging each other on race,and deal with character of the individual.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
you know what could have prevented his death ... if the cops were really concerned about his well being then they would have put some sort of a padding for him to fall forward on just in case he did fall ... you can tell they didn't put much thought into like true 'enforcers of the law' and 'protectors of people' should ... sadly though those are laughable descriptions of the cops now-a-days

[edit on 26-9-2008 by baseball101]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
At the VERY least they need to be charged with ASSISTED SUICIDE !

They seemed to do everything in there power to kill this man . A simple call to the fire department and maybe a family member would have most likely got hte man down without incident . Now he is dead .

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Ill tell you how the so called Police are running things and you can laugh , but if you think about it , it makes perfect sense, they are treating people like prison guards treat prisoners, in other words the people are prisoners and the police are above the law and look at ALL people as perps, the gatekeepers are the people and this is why things will never change.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join