It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man falls to death after police stun gun shock

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I'm thinking they didn't help him because "dead" is where they wanted this person.

It appears perhaps they may have thought something akin to "one less loony the city needed to spend money on, just get it done and over with".

They knew he was going to take a dive when they tased him, and they just wanted it done and over with and put as little thought into it as possible, this is definitely clear by their response. That neighborhood surely had something laying around, a mattress or boxes, something that would have broken the guys fall.

It is this kind of blatant disrespect to the public that gives rise to the disrespect cops get back....betcha if the dude was on Park Ave, acting the same way, he most definitely would have been treated differently.

Holly

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
When will the damn police learn that they should be CAREFUL! It's there fault he is dead, Or that police officers fault for doing that at the edge of the building. Do you have any Sence?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Police will learn no such lessons until their powers are trimmed back substantially, and quite frankly in training they stop telling these idiot 18 year olds that officer safety is the MOST important thing.

NO it's NOT if you gotta die to do your job right die or find a new career. To Protect and Serve used to mean things. Also by calling them Law Enforcement Oficers rather than the old name of Peace Officer... well you'd be amazed how much titles and language affect attitudes.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Well if you want to commit suicide just call the police. They will make sure you get it right.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JimBeam

The officer shouting at the photographer in the third photo has the "Oh # someone's already caught me" look on his face. Burn the bastard.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Also, it's kind of sad that out of four or five human beings (the police), no one stopped the officer who tased that man. "The greatest evil occurs when good men do nothing in the face of injustice."

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Here's the video of this situation.

I guess the cops were endangered for their lives because a naked man pirched himself on a small ledge waving a large light bulb at them, felt he was an eniment danger to their safety.

Cop 1- " Holly crap! The naked guy is now on a ledge and might have the capability to hit us with that huge light bulb! What should we do captain?"

Captain-"TASER HIM! Qiuckly! Do it! He'll kill us all swinging that big ole light bulb!"

Cop 1- "But he'll fall with no resistance and it will cause serious physical, if not fatal damage to him sir "

Captain-"Do you want to die SON???!!!!"

Cop 1-" No, I don't want to die!"

Captain-"Then taser his ass!"

Cop 1-"Ok, should we put down cushions for the fall?"

Caption-"Do you see how large the light bulb is son?!!! He can javelin that thing into this crowd gathered here and cause some innocent non looking bystander to get a bump on the head or worst, cause a cut on the finger!!! TASER NOW, bro!!! It's too risky to let this situation go on!!!!"

Cop 1 tasers deranged man.

Cop 1- "Captain! He's falling head first!"

Captain-"Don't worry about it, It's not safe to try and catch this guy. After all, he was trying to kill us with that HUGE light bulb remember?!!!"

Cop 1-"Oh, ok!.

BAM!

Cop 1-" Captain? The guy's head's split open and is bleeding all over the sidewalk. Should we offer assistance?"

Captain-" No! It's just a ploy! That's fake blood and he's still a danger to us! Our biggest concern now are those out there taking pictures and videos of this situation! Backstabbin' public! Don't they know we just saved them from a terrorist LIGHT BULB ATTACK!!!!!!!!????

[edit on 27-9-2008 by JimBeam]

[edit on 27-9-2008 by JimBeam]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I am just glad there were photographers and someone taking video.

Because if there werent, you just know that the victim would have been "violently attacking the officers, and making a grab for their weapons" or some such crap.

I also loved the look on the cops face in the last picture as he makes the gesture at the photographer. He is totally busted.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The police lieutenant that gave the order to use a taser on that individual has committed suicide.

Cop involved in taser death kills self

I don't think that the police office thought that the individual would die from the taser. The cop felt so terrible that he killed himself.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
i hope every ignorant poster who claimed the cop wanted to do harm to the person apologizes.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

First off, it's not "ignorant", it's a FACT that he wanted to do harm, to think otherwise is ignorant. Second, he would have been charge likewise, criminal intent to do harm to an individual.

I do have respect for the guy however for "falling on his sword".

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I just hope that people remember a taser can kill just as quick as a 9mm if things go wrong. Things could not have gone more wrong this time for everyone. That stupid taser now has cost two lives. Better training needs to be done as to when to and when not to use such things.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join