It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone watching Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's speech at the UN?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I cant believe anyone would "buy" his "speech"

It was a calculated speech to make people think he is a warm and fuzzy teddy bear
and guess it might have worked.

Peace, Love and Beauty....
....does anyone really believe he believes this and lives this?

He was on American soil talking to an American audience (CNN). You better believe he is going to come across like he did so that people will think: oh what a beautiful, peaceful man he is. We have been told lies about this lovely man. Does anyone really think he would deliver his normal speaches that he spews in Iran, here? Of course not.

I suggest that if people here find him to be completely different then what we are told, then maybe go visit Iran and live there for awhile, come back and tell us who is right.

Mr. Ahmadinejad should get an Oscar

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Okay this is not his speech but it is part one and two of a letter addressed to Americans that he wrote in 2006.
Does make me go hmmm?
But as others have said I have never actually visited or lived in Iran, I do know that the media tells me he is quite the opposite of his letters and speech.
Who or what do all of you get your information from? Have you all visited or lived in Iran? Have relatives or friends there? Just curious...

To the American people
part 2

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I am suspicious if he is using his snake like charm. His idol Muhammad used the same tactics, once he had you in his grasp and did not submit, expect to have your throat cut.

Is he playing the poker game while he manipulates the American people to his favour so that when he goes back to his country he can go back a use his threatning language. Apparently he is not so popular at home by his own people, half would rather live in a free minded society and it shows, while the other half leads in a threating manor keeping everyone scared and contained.

I don't trust him, because his war manual allows him to lie to the enemy to gain what ever upper hand he feels in the same manor a convict denies his crimes to escape. After going by his missle trades and nuclear plans after his Isreal statements I wonder if he actually mentions and corrects what he has said in this new speech or speeches to come.

Please post a video link here use the Youtube tab if you are not sure how to do it, located on the right when you type.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

guess iran isnt the only with problems ......

*snip*

This thread began with some posters praising the "beautiful," and "inspiring," words from the little Iranian bitch/president. It had nothing to do with Bush. If you would like to start a thread to discuss human rights violations in the US have at it.

*snip*

I thought it would be enlightning to point out just how this man of peace and love governs his own country.

I would guess most would have to admit that his beautiful words and his actions at home do not quite match.

*snip*

[edit on 23-9-2008 by alien]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

Well unless all Americans were home watching CNN at 4:30 EST they will not be charmed. I cannot find any video or transcript of his speech anywhere.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
hey lets watch some nice video's

here he goes talking about the holocaust hey same message as the other video, wait what same message to iranian people as to the western press ???

www.youtube.com...

lets look at him wiping israel off the world

www.youtube.com...
hmmm ok guess he didnt

would you like a glimpse of how israel treat the palestinians on a daily baisis?
www.youtube.com...

of course iran is obviously trying to make nukes lets check what the U.N. atomic commission says shall we?
www.youtube.com...
wait what? they arnt breaking the law? they are allowed to do what theya re doing? they are helping the U.N. do thier job? tehn why is it they are pushing for war?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Finally some video...
Homemade CNN Video

American Empire to Collapse

[edit on 23-9-2008 by SEEWHATUDO]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

I just updated my post I did not realise your reply till later which kind of corrects me more. Like I say, if anyone has a video link, let us see, thanks for the thread maker in informing us.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
At the end of the day, people should be judged by their actions, not their words. In that respect Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is innocent, unlike Bush, Cheney, Blair and Brown, who are all criminals by comparison. Lets face it, even a parrot could probably give a decent enough speech. When it comes to politicians, all these words mean nothing. It's what they do with those words that matters and unfortunately most don't live up to their fancy speeches.
Morality, honor, integrity, truth and honesty are qualities that most politicians just don't have.
Then again, they are not really needed in a world full of subservient sheep.

Nice speech, lets see if he lives up to the hype!

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

hahahah not sure if you noticed the topic quickly fell into an iranian hatefest that has nothing to do with the U.N. message today which is what the topic was about

im guessing the message was about what he wanted iran and the world to be? so there fore what the world and iran is now has no relevance in which case neither did your many quotes

and if i may be so bold to quote a bit of jesus and buddha

let he who is without sin cast the first stone

*snip*

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsTheQuestion

Uh, check the date on the article. And how did "our lives were ending or that he was going to kill us" get into this discussion, exactly? You get it right.

And as far as "people change", and this hope that M. Ahmadinejad is suddenly some agent of Love...has G.W. Bush changed? Has Vladimir Putin changed? Has Benedict Benedict XVI changed? Who do you think these men are? And who do you think Iran's president is?

Qaddafi, if we're lucky.

And some of you want to pat the guy on the back.

The fact is this guy is made out to be some psychotic who wants to take over the world when this is not true. He is not even anti Jewish like the media makes him out to be. He is against the Zionist thugs who have hi jacked the Jewish religion. You know the same Jews that funded the massacre of millions of Jews during the holocaust. What he says is true the regime is coming to an end. For us here in the US the end of our ways is coming. Sucks but its the truth.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is Larry King's guest tonight on Larry King Live.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsTheQuestion
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is Larry King's guest tonight on Larry King Live.

Yup and Ill be watching in delight. Personally I want to see him debate McCain and Obama like he offered but it would be a cold day before they accept.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Be careful of the sources you trust. In the information age, there is a lot of crap flying true or not. Since we speak in different tongue, it is of utmost important to get an unbiased translation. We have to trust our Secretary of State to get the accurate translation and respond to our concerns accordingly. That is their damn job. An administration that leave us with ambiguous thought about the official statement is doing us a disservice. Why should we trust or believe there is an credibility in foreign news services that are obviously biased.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

I get that. It doesn't seem to me that Ahmadinejad wants to "take over the world." Does Bush? In a sense. Do Bush's handlers? Why, they already do.

Re: Wall Street

I don't "know" that Jews "funded the massacre of millions Jews during the holocaust." Apparently you think that you do. Perhaps you know more than I. Bottom-line, that is an exceptionally strong statement which has been argued on many ATS threads, for starters. And not the point of this thread.

I do understand that there is a difference between those labeled "Jew" and those labeled "Zionist", although of course they are not mutually exclusive.

You mention that Ahmadinejad's words, by your estimate, are "true [because] the regime is coming to an end".

Whose regime? Bush's? The Israel's? Bankers'?

"For us here in the US the end of our ways is coming." What does that mean? I mean, I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but what are you saying?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsTheQuestion

First, I apologize if I made false assumptions about your beliefs, but it was the conclusion I came to from reading your posts. I guess I should learn not to assume.

My point is that you need to 'step into the shoes' of others in order to make educated assumptions of their motives and possible future actions. My attitudes and opinions today are different from those I held two years ago. The same rhetoric that is used to demonize Ahmadinejad in western circles is used on Bush elsewhere. Both points are valid. The Iranians have a good reason to dislike the US, as we are the ones who put the Shah in power, which totally backfired on us. Establishing the State of Israel with the backing of the US was the second time that these people have been booted off this land by the Jewish people (see Exodus), so I can see why they are pissed off. Also remember that one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. From the British point of view, George Washington and the boys were terrorists. I just do not understand where we justify our mandate to be the world's police force. That is what has gotten us into this mess, and it's why people like him dislike us so. There is enough to worry about inside our borders. I don't buy the 'National Security' justification, and if we had learned to mind our own business twenty or thirty years ago, there would still be two towers standing in the Manhattan skyline. The problem is that we do not want to own this, and the world will now have to teach us this lesson.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
CUE STANDARD MOD INTERJECTION

Hi People,

Can we hold off on throwing personal comment at eachother please.

Attack the post, not the poster and all that.

Cheers muchly,
ALIEN

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I have an idea, All those who think that he is a flower sniffing, ever loving holy man, who really cares about the world and the little animals and butterflies who live in it is so gentle and caring, go live in Iran for a while under his rule then come back here and tell us how democratic and free his country is.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Once Iran changes these laws the leaders will always be intollerant regardless of what there is to say. If they live by the sword and die by the sword and so will you so don't expect the definition of love to be the same as the English speaking populations.

en.wikipedia.org...

After the election of the first Majles of the Islamic Republic, the Majles and the Guardian Council quickly codified important features of the sharia law by passing two landmark bills:

Qanon-e Ta'zir (Discretionary Punishment Law). Ta'zir laws dealth not only with criminal law[10] but this law gave judges the authority to execute and imprison those found guilty of crimes such as `declaring war on God` and `plotting with foreign powers.` It also gave them the power to sentnece as many as 74 lashes to those who "`insult government officials,` `convene unlawful meetings,` sell alcoholic beverages, fix prices, hoard goods, kiss illicitly, fail to wear the proper hejab, and last but not least, `lie to the authorities.`" [11]
Qanon-e Qesas (Retribution Law) This law codified other aspects of the sharia. It subdivided crimes into hadd - those against God - and those against fellow beings, especially other families. Some punishments are mandatory; others, discretionary. "Based on the notion of talion, the Qesas Law calls for `an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a life for a life` - but with the understanding that a Muslim is more valuable than a non-Muslim, and a Muslim man more valuable than a Muslim woman." [12]

[edit] Gender inequality
Human rights activist and Nobel Prize winner Shirin Ebadi complains that the section of the penal code "devoted to blood money, diyeh, holds that if a man suffers an injury that damages his testicles, he is entitled to compensation equal to a women's life," and this failure to make account for individual differences or cases is unfair. It means, according to Ebadi, that "if a professional woman with a PhD is run over in the street and killed, and an illiterate thug gets one of the testicles injured in a fight, the value of her life and his damaged testicle are equal." [26]

Ebadi has also protested that while the "the Islamic Revolution had anointed the Muslim family the centerpiece of its ideology of nation" and envisions a "restoration of traditional and authentic values" through women playing the role of "Muslim mother" staying home to care for "her mulitplying brood," at the same time its family law automatically grants fathers custody "in the event of divorce," and makes "polygamy as convenient as a second mortgage."

Death penalty
During the early, more tumultuous years of the Islamic Republic, a great many political prisoners were executed. Between 1981 and 1985, 7,900 people were executed. [19]

According to Amnesty International's 2004 report, at least 108 people were executed that year, most of whom having been political prisoners. [3] Amnesty has also described cases in which adolescent children were sentenced to the death penalty. [4] Though officially illegal, torture is often carried out in Iranian prisons, as in the widely publicized case of photojournalist Zahra Kazemi.

Homosexuality and adultery are legally criminal acts and punishable by life imprisonment or death for males, and the same sentences apply to convictions of treason and apostasy. Death sentences are always administered for those convicted of murder, rape, and child molestation. Those accused by the state of homosexual acts are routinely flogged and threatened with execution. [6]. Iran is one of seven countries in the world that carry the death penalty for homosexual acts: all of them justify this punishment with Islamic law. The Judiciary does not recognize the concept of sexual orientation, and thus from a legal standpoint there are no homosexuals or bisexuals - only heterosexuals "committing" homosexual acts.

Text

Iran's foreign relations are based on two strategic principles: eliminating outside influences in the region and pursuing extensive diplomatic contacts with developing and non-aligned countries. Iran maintains diplomatic relations with almost every member of the United Nations, except for Israel, which Iran does not recognize, and the United States since the Iranian Revolution.[83] Since 2005, Iran's Nuclear Program has become the subject of contention with the West because of suspicions regarding Iran's military intentions. This has led the UN Security Council to impose sanctions against Iran on select companies linked to this program, thus furthering its economic isolation on the international scene.
Text

[edit on 23-9-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I had a thought.
Hes in New York right?
Why don't they just arrest him on suspicion of terrorism?

I mean hes in the USA what better of an opportunity?
They could make up all sorts of hoohah about him providing weapons to al queda in Iraq and the Taliban in Afghanistan that have killed many Americans.
They just let him come for a holiday and let him go?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join