It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone watching Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's speech at the UN?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
"Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad… assured that the United States and the Zionist regime of Israel will soon come to the end of their lives," the Iranian president was quoted as saying.
Source

How inspiring. What an agent of Love.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsTheQuestion

First of all, it's apparent that you are lumping all Muslims into the Fundamentalist/Terrorist pile. Second, it's apparent that you believe everything the MSM, the PTB and the Bush Regime tell you without any independant verification. Third, it's apparent you are a fundamentalist Christian, which I feel is no better than a fundamentalist Muslim, and therefore feel that if an individual is not Christian, they are one of 'Satan's' warriors. So as to your opinion...

Nuf' said!

link   
Some of you people are plumb insane to think this guy is loving. I'm sure Hitler made some great speeches too, the tongue doesn't soften the blow of the sword...and actions speak much louder than words.

link   

Thank you. That was touching. Almost brought a tear to my eye.

I may be just naive, but I'm hoping his words today might represent a change in his thoughts. Perhaps he wants to live. I know I do. Today, I will experience hope. I don't think it's a realistic hope, but I'm riding on that today.

Selah

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsTheQuestion
"Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad… assured that the United States and the Zionist regime of Israel will soon come to the end of their lives," the Iranian president was quoted as saying.
Source

Which can be done without dropping a single bomb. We are about to implode economically, and without US money, Israel will soon follow.

ED. Also I notice that your 'source' is Israeli in origin, and is almost two years old. People do change.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by JaxonRoberts]

link   
Still looking for the video...
This thread doesn't need to turn into name calling and poo throwing, I was just asking for mature input. If it is too touchy of a subject for you to discuss then step away please.

link   
reply to post by vance

Then here are a few MUST SEE vids for you...

Money as Debt

Google Video Link

The Empire of the City (aka-The Empire of Three Cities, aka-The Ring of Power) Part I

Google Video Link

Part II

Google Video Link

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

People should not be labeling other people's religion, but rather on their general philosophy. If he speaks of Love, Peace, etc. he is okay by me. Love for the world, nature and humanity are the ties that bind.

If however, he is inciting people to make war or jihad... then we got something to worry about. If he is hypocritical of other races, religions, etc. and speaks to his own people in that way, he will be exposed and delt with accordingly.

Humans have to live together, and it is about time we come to terms with it. Same goes for China/Russia/North Korea, etc. There will be no bullies on this planet. Know what I mean?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Source

Umm no he didnt say that at all. Quit spouting false statements. He said that the imperialistic reign is coming to an end. He never said our lives were ending or that he was going to kill us. Get it right. I watched the speech live and he didnt say that.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Oh, and I almost forgot about this one. I think it's about ten YouTube parts, hosted in this thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Lest we forget:

AFP Article -
Jun 2, 2008

TEHRAN (AFP) — Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad predicted on Monday that Muslims would uproot "satanic powers" and repeated his controversial belief that Israel will soon disappear, the Mehr news agency reported.

"I must announce that the Zionist regime (Israel), with a 60-year record of genocide, plunder, invasion and betrayal is about to die and will soon be erased from the geographical scene," Ahmadinejad said.

"Today, the time for the fall of the satanic power of the United States has come and the countdown to the annihilation of the emperor of power and wealth has started."

Source
Ahmadinejad further stated that Israel "has reached the end like a dead rat after being slapped by the Lebanese" - referring to the Second Lebanon War in the summer of 2006.

Source

"I have heard some say the idea of Greater Israel has expired," Ahmadinejad said. "I say that the idea of lesser Israel has expired, too."

Source
"Accept that the life of Zionists will sooner or later come to an end," the Iranian president said in a televised speech.

He added, "What we have right now is the last chapter [of Israeli atrocities] which the Palestinians and regional nations will confront and eventually turn in Palestine's favor."

Source

"A movement has started for us to occupy ourselves with our global responsibilities. God willing, Iran will be the axis of the leadership of this movement," Ahmadinejad said.

Several clerics in the Iranian parliament accused Ahmadinejad of implying that Imam Mahdi or Imam Zaman (Imam of the Age), as the Shiite messiah is also called, supports his government. Since the 1979 revolution, Iran's government has been overseen by Shiite clerics, but religious leaders here have resisted Ahmadinejad's frequent hints that his government's actions are guided by the Mahdi.

Threats Watch
“From the beginning of time, humanity has longed for the day when justice, peace, equality and compassion envelop the world. All of us can contribute to the establishment of such a world. When that day comes, the ultimate promise of all Divine religions will be fulfilled with the emergence of a perfect human being [12th Imam] who is heir to all prophets and pious men. He will lead the world to justice and absolute peace. O mighty Lord, I pray to you to hasten the emergence of your last repository, the promised one, that perfect and pure human being, the one that will fill this world with justice and peace.”

“Our revolution’s main mission is to pave the way for the reappearance of the 12th Imam, the Mahdi,” Ahmadinejad said in the speech to Friday Prayers leaders from across the country."

“I do not doubt that the new wave which has begun in our dear Palestine and which today we are also witnessing in the Islamic world is a wave of morality which has spread all over the Islamic world. Very soon, this stain of disgrace [i.e. Israel ] will vanish from the center of the Islamic world – and this is attainable.”

Source
It is argued that "Presidential obsession" with 'mahdaviat' leads Mr. Ahmadinejad to "a conviction that leaves little room for compromise. He thinks that the Mahdi will come in near future as his knight in shining armour? The only missing link that in Presidents opinion delays Mahdi's arrival is that world is still far too peaceful, the degree of clash and disasters that will set the chain of celestial events of 'mahdaviat' have to gather speed. The recent mess in Lebanon by his proxies was a component of that uncompromising ideological fixation. The altercation with America and Israel and wish to empower Iran with nuclear programs are all designed to lay the foundation for the Mahdi's return."

The President does puts his money where his mind is, in 2004, as mayor of Tehran, Mr. Ahmadinejad clandestinely instructed the city council to construct a magnificent boulevard to orchestrate and prepare for the Mahdi arrival, as a President he has allocated $17 million for a blue-tiled mosque closely associated with mahdaviat in Jamkaran, south of the capital.

Middle East Media Research
...In order to achieve this goal, he proclaims that no Holocaust occurred, and that if Jews were indeed harmed in World War II - a claim that requires thorough and "objective" research - this was no different than the experience of others in World War II...

...In order for Ahmadinejad to bring his plans to fruition, however, he has to demonize the Jews and the State of Israel. Demonization is a necessary precondition for genocide. As we well know, Hitler first engaged in a major campaign of demonization of the Jews before actually murdering them en masse...

...Iranian state-controlled television produces various TV series dedicated to the demonization of Jews. These include classic blood libels, depicting Jews as using the blood of non-Jewish children to bake their Passover matzos, and as kidnapping non-Jewish children to steal their body parts. Jews are reduced to sub-human levels, depicted as pigs and apes. They are accused of persecuting the Prophet Muhammad in voodoo ritualistic scenes, and as tormenting a historic figure reminiscent of Jesus on the Cross...

Starting to see a pattern here?

Lest we also forget, he funds and lords over Iranian State Sponsored Terrorist Organization like Hezbollah. He supplies armaments and reinforcements to Insurgents in Iraq who not only killed Americans, but slaughtered Iraqi citizens.

No matter peoples opinions of the US or Irael, this is not a nice man.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard
Some of you people are plumb insane to think this guy is loving. I'm sure Hitler made some great speeches too, the tongue doesn't soften the blow of the sword...and actions speak much louder than words.

now go find a speech of his and lets test somthing

change every mention of USA and Israel to terrorist .... now does it start to sound familiar?

noticed anything else about his speeches? he tends not to say we are going to do anything ... yes the great aggressor says

if we are attacked, when we are attacked, the end of XX will come soon(he doesnt say how or by whom)

the great aggresor who isnt saying how he is gonna invade everyone ...... wait are yousure he is the great aggressor?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
You've got me rubbing my hands now, Mister.

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

First of all, it's apparent that you are lumping all Muslims into the Fundamentalist/Terrorist pile.

Wrong. I used neither "fundamentalist", nor "terrorist". The former is a judgment that was irrelevant to my argument. The latter, a judgment I'm simply not willing to make here.

Second, it's apparent that you believe everything the MSM, the PTB and the Bush Regime tell you without any independant verification.

Wrong. You obviously haven't the insight into what I "believe". Fortunately, this is a fine opportunity for me to elucidate, since it appears important to you. The "PTB" owns the "MSM" and "the Bush Regime." No crap.

And, quite possibly, you. Do you have a credit card? Watch television? Eat? Drink tap water? Work? Me too. I live in the world, every single day. Here we are, as a matter of fact. On-line. And Big Brother is watching. Always. I know that. I accept that this is the world I'm in.

Fortunately [...thank God?...], everything changes. That's just what things do. I read posts like this and disappointment with my fellow man sets deep into my heart. And then, I'm resolved to do what I can do to make this world a better place.

So excuse yourself the indulgence of assuming that you "know" anything about my beliefs. Please...

Third, it's apparent you are a fundamentalist Christian, which I feel is no better than a fundamentalist Muslim, and therefore feel that if an individual is not Christian, they are one of 'Satan's' warriors.

WRONG. Again. Nice try, though. I have a special disdain, learned through a lifetime of distasteful experience with the character-type you're referencing, for the "fundamentalist". In fact, that type of cowardly judgment, hidden behind self-seducing and wholly ignorant language, steeped in terror, brings a shudder to my heart on a daily basis.

So as to your opinion...

Nuf' said!

Okay, Stan Lee.

Maybe it's "apparent" that Ahmadinejad is on your side?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit

Source

Umm no he didnt say that at all. Quit spouting false statements. He said that the imperialistic reign is coming to an end. He never said our lives were ending or that he was going to kill us. Get it right. I watched the speech live and he didnt say that.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by mybigunit]

Uh, check the date on the article. And how did "our lives were ending or that he was going to kill us" get into this discussion, exactly? You get it right.

And as far as "people change", and this hope that M. Ahmadinejad is suddenly some agent of Love...has G.W. Bush changed? Has Vladimir Putin changed? Has Benedict Benedict XVI changed? Who do you think these men are? And who do you think Iran's president is?

Qaddafi, if we're lucky.

And some of you want to pat the guy on the back.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Middle East Media Research
...In order to achieve this goal, he proclaims that no Holocaust occurred, and that if Jews were indeed harmed in World War II - a claim that requires thorough and "objective" research - this was no different than the experience of others in World War II...

...In order for Ahmadinejad to bring his plans to fruition, however, he has to demonize the Jews and the State of Israel. Demonization is a necessary precondition for genocide. As we well know, Hitler first engaged in a major campaign of demonization of the Jews before actually murdering them en masse...

Starting to see a pattern here?

Lest we also forget, he funds and lords over Iranian State Sponsored Terrorist Organization like Hezbollah. He supplies armaments and reinforcements to Insurgents in Iraq who not only killed Americans, but slaughtered Iraqi citizens.

No matter peoples opinions of the US or Irael, this is not a nice man.

yes a pattern of not really paying attention, end of israel end of america ... where does it say he is bringing the end? israel is comming to an end is vastly different to say i am going to end israel

95% of those iraqi insurgents are dat dat da da da darrrrrrrrrr iraqi's, that would like to run thier own country. we are bieng told they are foriegn and bieng armed by iran. we are also being told the extra troops pilled in cut down the insurgent activity ... guess what all evidence points to it was sectarian violence a massive portion of the shia muslims have moved out of bagdad that lack of targets meant sectarian violence dropped dramatically, at the same time the sectarian violence dropped the surge began and now were told how the surge cut the insurgent *cough*sectarian*cough* violence down

there are massive stockpiles of muntions around without iran needing to arm them, every house has an ak again no need for iran to arm them . . more propganda? .... quite possibly

and you denies the holoucast source is laughable, did you watch the attacked video, the article finds massivley different results to the wording on the video

"is that 60 years ago-so you claim- during ww2, some jews were burnt in crematoriam, well we ask you if this is true who did this? if it was your goverments and your reigemis that did this,if you accept you did this why should the palestinian people pay for your crimes give them a piece of your land and the whole thing will be over"

so lets recap shall we

you say that jews died in the holocaust, who is responsible for that,(germany and europe/america for not acting sooner as we had chosen to ignore the stories about it happening) so if you people are responsible then why give them palestinian land to pay for your crimes

in another video about the holocaust he makes the statement if 60 million died and 6 million were jews and 6million military why should the jews be held as victims above anyone else, again he asks why should palestinian land be given for western decisions

he doesnt say it didnt happen the closest ive seen him come is pointing out how the figure of just how many jews died keeps changing hence why he think we should have independant histroians look at it and settle a figure once and for all

[edit on 23/9/08 by noobfun]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Here is a snapshot of life in the country of this man of Peace and Love:

civilliberty.about.com...

he State of Human Rights in Iran: Iran is ruled by religious fundamentalists who recognize no secular rule of law or traditional concept of natural rights. Although Iran technically holds elections (from a slate of candidates chosen by the Ayatollah), they wield only as much power as the Ayatollah chooses to grant at the time.

Speech, Press, and Assembly: Free speech, as such, does not exist in Iran. Human rights activists and other perceived agitators are subject to beatings, arrests, torture, and disappearance.

Religious Expression: The Islamic Republic of Iran is a religious institution with no secular concept of law. Those who convert from Islam to another faith may face execution for apostasy. Religious minorities are routinely subject to widespread persecution.

Women's Rights: In Iran, women can vote and run for Parliament and are not prohibited from traveling freely, but they are also subject to police beatings and torture for violating perceived social norms, are not protected from domestic violence, and are discriminated against in other subtle ways (such as inheritance law).

Racism: Arabs (who make up 3%) of the population), Azeris (who make up 24%), and Kurds (who make up 7%) are frequently subject to racial profiling and mass arrests at cultural functions. Although there are very few Jews in Iran, vicious antisemitism is also a serious problem.

Beatings, Arrests, Torture, and Executions: Iranian police tend to respond to peaceful political demonstrations by viciously beating and arresting protesters, who are then subject to further beatings, torture, sexual assault, and denial of medical treatment in prison. Iran formally executed 94 prisoners in 2005, and many more died in prison under mysterious circumstances.

Yet, some of you accept his empty words filled with beautiful inspiring images without critical thought. Don't you see that he counts on the naivete of people like you?

Please think people before I give up all hope for the human race. It's as if some of us have become unthinking robots.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Okay here is the only video I can find from todays speech, it talks about Iraq.
Still looking for more...
You Tube IRAQ

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Why isn't the full speech anywhere? usually this type of stuff is up within minutes of broadcast. Curious...

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I "lump all Muslims" into the "Muslim" category. And I wouldn't refer to it as a "pile", for what it's worth. That's disrespectful.

I maintain, firmly, that this "Global War on Terror" that my country is leading is, in fact, a religious war. Now, is it really about "God", at least according to my hotly-debated and dearly-held beliefs? Hardly.

On the contrary, this "religious" war is about power. What else? Not only the power, however ephemeral, to claim God's favor [whatever that means], but, on a larger scale, the forsaken power to act in His stead.

We are born and bred to bow down. To anything and, these days, almost everything, as long as I see it as better than me. The churches preach it. The Man teaches it. The macromedia colors it. And we eat its body and drink its blood.

For eternal life. In this body! Such ego...

So what. What a fantastic day this is. I've spent many months poring over boards like this, absorbing the terrifying, if ultimately invigorating reality of my world. In spite of all this, I am alive. And the only real part of me is free.

The world is being slammed by storms. Structures are crumbling. Few can argue that this is potentially the biggest financial crisis any of us have experienced in the West. Two of our planet's big and hotshots advanced Agenda in front of the global government's consent. At home, from Houston to Detroit to Manhattan to Columbia, this industry and that corporation need Uncle Sam's helping hand-out. Free lunches notwithstanding.

It is happening. Maybe the one calling the shots is way above top-secret. Who knows, really? The rest is a combination of speculation and intuition. Good luck sorting those out.

So I say, again, pull close to your loved ones. Clean up your mind. Empty your heart, somehow. And, for the love of all, be present. Trust yourself.

[edit on 9.23.2008 by ItsTheQuestion]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

U.S.: End Beating of Children in Public Schools
In a new report, the ACLU and Human Rights Watch found that more than 200,000 U.S. public school students were punished by beatings during the 2006–2007 school year. In the 13 states that corporally punished more than 1,000 students per year, African-American girls were twice as likely to be beaten as their white counterparts

racism sexism and physical abuse all rolled into one

The subjects of the special rapporteur's visit and investigation included due process violations in the administration of the death penalty, especially in Texas and Alabama; deaths in immigration detention; deaths in U.S. custody in Guantánamo,

The United States is shirking its commitments under an international agreement and failing to protect the rights of vulnerable young people. In a report to the U.N. Committee on the Rights of the Child, the ACLU charges that the U.S. isn't upholding its obligations under the Optional Protocol on the Involvement of Children in Armed Conflict that it ratified in 2002.

The government report failed to level with the international community about the U.S.'s human rights record when it comes to racial injustice. The ACLU's report details police brutality and racial profiling, voter disfranchisement and skyrocketing rates of incarceration, and wide, corrosive effects of racial discrimination.

can all be found here www.aclu.org...

guess iran isnt the only with problems ......

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join