It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Difficult Question? (USA citizens)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
If the government comes to your door asking for your guns then there is no more constitution or bill of rights anymore anyway. I honestly think the majority of Americans would just shrug their shoulders, give in and hope for the best without actually doing what is best. If that happens, there will be no mass uprising in the major cities.
In this day and age most Americans don't even know their neighbors 1st names so what makes people think that they would join them or even try to defend them if they were being rounded up and taken away.

The government has us right where it wants us: fat, lazy and disconnected from reality.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The same people that have been profiting from the drug trade also are responsible for the high number of illegal guns that are being carried by the criminal element. The only logic that I can see in this dual roll that is being carried out is to create a cause to incarcerate or disarm anyone that owns a firearm. The medical records of anyone that has ever taken drugs that were prescribed for a psychiatric disorder of any nature would be reasoned as cause for suspension of the right to keep and bear firearms. Even a person that has been prescribed anti depressants or anti anxiety medications for non psychiatric reasons can fall into this category. That will effect a great number of veterans that are still in the military as well those that aren't. Any acts of civil protest that results in violence or even threats of will be labeled as acts of terrorism and utilized as justification to disarm everyone as gun ownership won't be challenged on a nation wide scale unless it does become a threat that has to be addressed. I would be more concerned about food, shelter, medical needs and transportation. Our military people that have served or are serving are sworn to oath to protect the constitution and if they are honorable they will be the ones to do what is needed for the rights that are provided in the Constitution to be restored to all.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anjin
If the government comes to your door asking for your guns then there is no more constitution or bill of rights anymore anyway.

If there is no more constitution or bill of rights, why would you even care what blackwater or law enforcement or military tried to do....they no longer have any authority what so ever. So if they come to your house demanding your guns, just say excuse me, and go back to the door and fire away!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Violation of the Second Amendment......

They can take thier Presidential decree and shove it up thier a**

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I work for FEMA, and to put it quite simply, under a declared national emergency, and under the order of martial law, then each and every citizen must give up their firearms, and as far as the private market and sale of firearms is concerned, if you sell a firearm to a private individual, then that person must inform the ATF of the sale and purchase and the registered PIN number associated with said firearm, similiar to a transfer of a vehicle, failure to report to the ATF of the transfer of the firearm is technically illegal, although I am not sure just how illegal it is. Resistance would be futile, for example, everyone wtih their handguns, shotguns, and semi-auto/bolt action hunting rifles, would be outgunned by M16 A4's, Abrahms Tanks, heavy machine guns, etc. By the way, if martial law is declared, under FEMA operations status, each and every citizen would be located to FEMA detainment camps, in scheduled zones, as well as the restriction of public access on any major highway or state routes. Using the exuse , "someone stole my guns," wouldn't work, as a lawfull firearm dealer must report to the authorities of the theft of each weapon, and failure to do so is a felony level criminal negligence concerning a firearm(s). Hope this clarifies the issue!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
A couple people said it already, but assuming I owned guns, I'd keep one or two 'extras' around to give up when the Blackwater boys came knocking. The good ones would be stashed somewhere. If you were convincing enough, they might buy that they were your only ones, if there weren't any records saying you had more.

I wonder what the laws in Canada are about this. The right to bear arms isn't in any of our constitutional documents that I can remember like it is for you Americans. If I understand the text of the Emergencies Act correctly (basically our version of martial law) then they can take away ANY property from Canadians that they want, if they think doing so will help abate the emergency. I'm going to have to read that Act in more detail. What little I looked at just now is really scary, if the wrong person got into power.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by LynUK
If Blackwater, your Army, whatever form of enforcement, arrives at your door under presidential decree, and demands you hand over all your firearms,

Will you?

Have you discussed with trusted friends what you would do if this starts happening?

prove that we have firearms.....

sorry but that would be my answer....
we don't have any guns, but well....there are other weapons out there, ones you really don't need a registraton for that can be just as deadly.
there's also some very ordinary household items that can be quite useful. heck, some you can sit down and make in an evening.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Thats assuming that the US military just happily accepts to be shooting on fellow citizens which I doubt very much in the kind of circumstances described.

Also considering that the US military cant control Iraq properly how do you think they will control a population that is at least 10 20 times larger in nr's then Iraq ( anyone know the nr of people in Iraq)

It would require repression and brutality that is of the scale and then I come back to the first point would the Military be happy to execute that kind of orders with out mass desertion and the possibility of units siding with the people . It would mean a blood bath and a second civil war

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
i live in texas, and there is no way that everybody if not anybody would give up their guns. if they came to my door i would say no i didn't own any, and if they try to search my house try and get in they'll get their fair share of a fight on their hands...

also if it ever came down to that i'm pretty sure that texas and montana would secede from the union, especially since montana already threatened to do so when the hand gun bill went to the supreme court

[edit on 9/25/2008 by Soup or Fly]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
You'll get my guns when you pry them from my cold dead hands! The U.S military has a saying in cases like this, KILL THEM ALL AND LET GOD SORT THEM OUT

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
i think it's strange that so many americans missed all the signs in the past (Ruby Ridge, 9/11 TWA100 etc etc) and now really believe something big and bad is going to happen.

Timothy McVeigh said about watching Waco on TV and seeing American armor being used
against civilians and what for ?? Denying their right to bear arms?

I think the gun owners of the US will succumb to a similar fate to those insurgents in Iraq. Bringing a pea shooter to a heavy artillery exchange. Will juts be liike Fallujha.

Apache gun ships and cluster bombs.... they'll have no fears or using the complete arsenal
against the very people who bought and paid for these munitions if they dare rise up.

How many Americans know how to make an EFP ?? Not many... I don't think the skills and hardware are there never mind the will, primarily and the training.

As for Europe, vast swaths like the UK are completely gunless... what the hell are they going to do ??? This Facist crackdown will be global and co-ordinated

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by deputydawg611
I refuse to hand over any of my guns to anyone, period. Also, as a law enforcement officer, I would refuse to go around confiscating guns from law abiding citizens.

I am ex-USAF and served as Security Police as a mobility function for a couple years.

I have weapons, and it is my GOD-derived right to own and use them against tyrannical or threatening force. I would NEVER give up my gun, and I wouldn't hesitate to use it against any force trying to take it from me.

I advice EVERYONE to buy a gun and chemgear. www.NBCgasmask.com Because, if they can't take your gun, they'll just gas you.

Be advised; you have the RIGHT to fight against tyranny!

And, I hope that all of you Service-members take a tip from us, and CHALLENGE the Lawfulness of the Orders you're being given.

(BTW, this is why they are using foreign U.N. troops.)

Liberty, U.A.F.F., A.R.M. yourself,

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by LynUK
Will you?

I'd have no choice. At this point - YES.
If I didn't have a family to take care of - I'd say no.
But I do - so the answer is yes.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Perpetrator
i think it's strange that so many americans missed all the signs in the past (Ruby Ridge, 9/11 TWA100 etc etc) and now really believe something big and bad is going to happen.

Timothy McVeigh said about watching Waco on TV and seeing American armor being used
against civilians and what for ?? Denying their right to bear arms?

I think the gun owners of the US will succumb to a similar fate to those insurgents in Iraq. Bringing a pea shooter to a heavy artillery exchange. Will juts be liike Fallujha.

Apache gun ships and cluster bombs.... they'll have no fears or using the complete arsenal
against the very people who bought and paid for these munitions if they dare rise up.

How many Americans know how to make an EFP ?? Not many... I don't think the skills and hardware are there never mind the will, primarily and the training.

As for Europe, vast swaths like the UK are completely gunless... what the hell are they going to do ??? This Facist crackdown will be global and co-ordinated

RIGHT! We need to start recruiting the MILITARY members who they'll use against us to our side! They are OUR family and friends. We NEED to get them back from overseas, NOW!!!!

Obama and Ron Paul know this crap, and are trying to tell you all, without getting themselves assassinated.

WAKE UP, AMERICA!!! WAKE UP, SERVICE-MEMBERS!!!

We need them here, now, more than EVER!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Obama is part of the NWO and I have no doubt he supports this. He already wants to take away assault rifles.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
In fact, if you want to be real paranoid about it, maybe THAT's a good reason to keep them there.

If they came back we might have some highly trained experts capable of resisting them quite effectively.

But that is just silly, isn't it? [/sarcasm]

Those who have registered weapons had best give them up willingly, it will not do to play into a well-laid plan.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Yeah id give them up BULLETS FIRST!, the only way I'd give them us is if they get them from my cold dead hands. The reason the 2nd amendment is in the constitution is exactly for this situation, when government is out of control.

If the come asking, I will deny them my firearms, if they insist, they will get them bullets first.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join