It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Difficult Question? (USA citizens)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
If Blackwater, your Army, whatever form of enforcement, arrives at your door under presidential decree, and demands you hand over all your firearms,

Will you?

Have you discussed with trusted friends what you would do if this starts happening?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I personally do not own any firearms....but my question is going to be..What choice do I have? Do I think its worth dying for my right to own a gun..err not really. Do I think its worth going to jail for a long time, only to have them take the gun from my home once I am in there? I don't know, but my gut would tell me to hand it over.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by Jeff Riff]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
"What choice do I have?"

None of course. But millions of 'I' is the majority, and would have a choice.

That's why I asked also about spreading the word, discussing with friends while you still can...

If there really is a fascist police state coming, will you be happy bowing down the rest of your life? Would you not, once in a while, wonder what might have happened if you said hell no and chose to fight back, like those guys from 1776?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
that's simple. As long as you dont have any registered ones, say you have none. You can buy them on the private market all over and you do not need to register them. This also means you (may have) sold yours even if it was registered to you, it could be elsewhere now.

So basically it comes down to your word if you have one or not. Do not give them up, they are the last thing protecting us from tyranny. Listen to T. Jefferson.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I refuse to hand over any of my guns to anyone, period. Also, as a law enforcement officer, I would refuse to go around confiscating guns from law abiding citizens.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The first real question is whether they will already KNOW that you do, or don't have firearms.

Also, considering how powerful the written word is, will they want to examine the contents of your computer as well? And assuming they would do this, will any refusal be accepted?

What options would there be for the American citizen who knows that the Constitution, at that point, will have been suspended ...

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I love my friends, bless their hearts, but at least 2 of them didn't know it was a Constitutional Right for them to bear arms. I wouldn't assume that many people would even question it

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Firearms that are registered will be on a list. There will be no getting past it.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CeltAngel

Unfortunately, I think you're correct that many people wouldn't question the confiscation. I hope that this scenario never happens, but if it does, I hope that we're both wrong.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Maxmars it's a good thing I know you a little or else this would seem like a perfect thread to start if one was working with Blackwater ops.

The only way to resist such an aggression is in a modified "Jericho" strategy.
Don't laugh. You have to have made plans for this with your community and neighbors.
A simple circuit that goes around the hood and when Blackwater shows up you push a little silent alarm button. Next thing you know those Blackwater punks are faced with 50 to 100 AKs or whatever.
The only downside you have to wash the pavement after they pooed themselves.
That's it, Bob's your uncle.
Keep in mind they might come back, just upgrade defences within the already established network.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
never in a million years haul me off and execute me hopefully my death will help spark a revolution, but i would never give up my last right so easily.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
To answer the OP, I don't care if they suspend the Constitution. It'll be a cold day in Hades before anyone gets a hand on my weapons. I purchased them legally and have done nothing illegal with them. Just let 'em try.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
As soon as I run out of bullets.

I have much better things to use for clubbing.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
They can't take what they can't find.. hidey holes people...
if you didn't know they were coming.....
if you did.... keep em clean and ready.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
OH I "lost" all my federally registered guns....YEahhhhh They were stolen and I didn't bother to report them because I have no faith cops and their ability to recover my property.

So I have no guns to confiscate Mr. Blackwater. So enjoy your day AND WATCH YOUR BACK!

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
good thread and good question

i think most americans will give their ammo up first

remember what Yamamoto said back before ww2?

"You cant invade america there is a gun behind every blade of grass"

I personally do not believe the govt has the Logistical capabilities to accomplish a gun confiscation program. Its just not feasable imo. They dont have enough soldiers to be effective.

They would take too many losses.

The only possible way to have any remote success in gun confiscation is to convince you to give up your gun willingly. That way they dont have to expend barely any resources and no one gets hurt.

Thats what ppl should watch out for. Dont let them convince you.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
lots of peeps with registered guns also have those other kind....
And things we also don't know they have.
Watch your own back dude.

People have to let "their" people know where the hidey holes are.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LynUK

This would end in disaster for them and most likely me as well as no one will ever walk into my home and demand I give up the only protection I have for my family.

I grew up around guns and know how to use them.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Ah.. what happens here is that they give you bogus charge, convict you of a felony and take away the "Right" to own a gun thru legal means. Or establish a constitutional amendment to ban all guns. Then the knife wielding felons become perceived "jack the ripper" or "axe-murderers". Just because the Government can take away ones "Right" does not mean "bad people" cannot find alternate ways to be destructive. This has been proven thru history, and the MAN needs to understand they dont really have control. I think that 911 is the big wake up call for everybody. Who would have thunk it, a plane is a potential bomb or WMD?

What was that slogan "When Guns are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will Have Guns". Haha
This is a True, but ridiculous slogan. an Outlaw will do whatever he wants til he gets caught or dies.

If they take away guns from people, that would have to be applied to law enforcement as well. There has been a long term experiment taking place between this philosophy (the US way, and the UK way). One have to look no further than the crime statistics in the US vs UK to determine who is right on the issue.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by mapsurfer_]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

Just to clarify My watch you back comment was directed to the hypothetical blackwater dudes and not at anyone in particular in this thread.

I am with the people not the government that would desire to disarm the people like what happened post Katrina.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join