It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Difficult Question? (USA citizens)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LynUK
If Blackwater, your Army, whatever form of enforcement, arrives at your door under presidential decree, and demands you hand over all your firearms,

Will you?

No, I will not.

That will be the day that I, and the weapon-confiscaters, will engage in a gun-battle, providing they do not leave my residence at my request.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by FewWorldOrder]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
reply to post by seagrass

Just to clarify My watch you back comment was directed to the hypothetical blackwater dudes and not at anyone in particular in this thread.

I am with the people not the government that would desire to disarm the people like what happened post Katrina.

I knew what you meant. I am saying look out for yourself in that scenario. If such a thing came to pass, it would be very ugly. At least in these parts it would be.

I see some giving in, especially in the cities, but not the kinds of people I know. You would have to have a pretty good lay of the land to get around here.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
In my opinion it is not feasible for any government agency to go into every home in the USA and confiscate weapons and ammunition. It would behove the PTB to convince legal gun owners to assist them in keeping order in the communities. Otherwise I imagine our streets will be a bloody mess.

In south Georgia there truly is a gun behind every tree. And we have a hell of a lot of trees in these swamps.

I am a life member of the NRA and will never surrender my weapons. They will have to be pried from my cold, dead hands.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Would I have to turn over my bow and arrows?

There are way too many guns in the US for this to happen without incident. You may be able to get the guns from many people but pretty soon others would identify who was doing this and start taking pot shots at them.

Have a great day.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
They can't take what they can't find.. hidey holes people...
if you didn't know they were coming.....
if you did.... keep em clean and ready.

Absolutely no offense, but, keep em clean and ready for what? Isn't a police state removing your only means of protection just the kind of thing to be ready to fight? Kind of circular argument waiting any longer from that point, what could be worse?

The solution seems clear: Real Constitutional Americans have to network about this imminent danger (gun confiscation) NOW. One-on-one you indeed stand no chance in the towns and cities, but networked together, you will be an unassailable force, just like your Minutemen of yesteryear.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Absolutely no offense, but, keep em clean and ready for what? Isn't a police state removing your only means of protection just the kind of thing to be ready to fight? Kind of circular argument waiting any longer from that point, what could be worse?

The solution seems clear: Real Constitutional Americans have to network about this imminent danger (gun confiscation) NOW. One-on-one you indeed stand no chance in the towns and cities, but networked together, you will be an unassailable force, just like your Minutemen of yesteryear.

guns fire better when they are clean. what's your point? of course we would fight, and of course we have "talked" about it. If you didn't know they were coming you hide them... some of them. If you knew they were coming, you pull them out already clean.. nothing circular about that.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Excellent question and thread. I'm a U.S. citizen, but not living in the U.S., so I have no longer have any firearms.

Had this happened while we still lived in the States, I would have refused. If we were overpowered and searched, two firearms would've been found; others would not have. Yes, even back then we were ummmmm.... leery of the PTB.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
How many gun owners are there in the United States of America?
In: Statistical Information and Demographics

Answer:

Number of guns and gun owners in USA.
Most estimates range between 39% and 50% of US households having at least one gun(thats about 43-55 million households). The estimates for the number of privately owned guns range from 190 million to 300 million. Removed those that skew the stats for thier own purposes the best estimates are about 45% or 52 million of american households owning 260 million guns).
WikiAnswers

That's a lot of guns. Just thought I would throw this info in the discussion.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I would give them my shotgun... It's not really good for anything other than shooting trap. Make a big deal about it and hopefully they would be convinced that's my only one... as my other two I sold when I needed money...

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

guns fire better when they are clean. what's your point? of course we would fight, and of course we have "talked" about it. If you didn't know they were coming you hide them... some of them. If you knew they were coming, you pull them out already clean.. nothing circular about that.

Sorry, I just read your post wrong. Keeping some hardware cleverly hidden is good for surprise visits... spot on.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
They can have all my registered guns if they want them.
A smart man will have a stash of weapons that nobody knows about just in case this was to happen.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Dude....es long es my hummer got ges...I jes run over your es! Who need a gun cep maybe Mabus. Then again...who is Mabus? That guy!

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Ok, think about this. How dangerous would it be to actually go door to door trying to get all weapons. Sooner than later, someone WILL shoot back. I was born and raised in a hunting family in Wisconsin (currently in college out of state, and dont own any guns) but I know my dad would be furious if he had to give up all of his guns (I think he owns around 8)...he wouldn't shoot anyone, but he sure as hell would make a big stink out of it. He knows the rights he is supposed to have...

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
As LynUK alluded to, if/when it comes to the point of nation-wide government-mandated weapon confiscation, the end-game can be considered to have arrived.
Anyone still looking to appease the criminal authorities by willfully conceding their 2nd Amendment rights and turning over their weapons must accept the fate the PTB has decided for them.

Good luck with that!

I choose to stand up for my beliefs, damn the consequences.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
So what do you do when you run out of bullets? Ok, ok I know someone will reply with the answer of 'stockpile bullets too', but they will eventually run out. Shouldn't we be focusing more on what we can do to truly defeat the enemies inside ourselves and elevate ourselves to a new consciousness? Isn't that how it works? That this, in the end is only a temporary situation and that the only way to TRULY be free is to raise our awareness and spirituality? Screw legal rights, I am talking about universal laws here, learning about things that REALLY matter rather than stockpiling finite weapons? And doesn't violence (even in self defense) defeat the purpose anyway? Doesn't it hinder spiritual development? It's a bit like cutting your nose off to spite your face.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Perhaps it's time to start talking to others who live nearby?

If everyone is looking out for each other, it won't be so easy to take anything from anyone, even the most efficient force can't cover all angles, i know i'm British, but believe it or not i do own several weapons in AZ, and they are kindly being cared for by friends, knowing them as i do, they wont give their own weapons up freely, one friend in particular i know for sure would die first being a wildman from Texas.

However Im certain others will agree here, the western states are a different kettle of fish from the east, were weapons are still worn on the hip in the vast majority of towns by a lot of people, maybe its time i transfered ownership? or just allow them to be lost, either way i'm not so worried about losing them, im more worried about losing my friends and work colleagues.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I am not concerned with defending having a gun for self defense.

I would like to insure having various wild game roasting on the bonfire if the infrastructure gridlocks.

Hope they don't try for my fishing tackle as well.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
First of all America is already Fascist.
Second - If I was still in the States would I hand over my guns?
Absolutely not.
Would I die for it?
It’s easy to say Yes - but - do I know for sure?
No.
Would I like to think so?
Yes.

...taps...

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Maquilladora

Originally posted by Maquilladora

So what do you do when you run out of bullets?

I'm certain I'll run out of life or they will run out of confiscaters before I run out of ammo.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

No, the government wouldnt have the ability to start a massive nation-wide confiscation. They would, however, have the ability to change the RICO statutes to thereby seize your house, cars, etc., if you were in possession of said firearms.

Multiple things solved in one fell swoop, just by changing one law. Take guns and property of people whom the government doesnt like.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join