It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistani troops attack US choppers

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by manson_322
which unit/regiment under you served ??? please give some details , my uncle has also served in the indian army too...

U2U me if you need some details. I can't divulge too much info due to security reasons!

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I didnt really want to comment but being NRI living in the UK myself I feel you guys need to calm down a bit.....everyone has their personal grievances about what happened with the partition......dont forget we Indians, Pakistanis, muslim, sikh and hindus once lived very happily together until we got divided.....stuff like this is what keeps everyone apart....

sorry, my 2 rupees worth....

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

Dont be obnoxious manson. You know nothing about me.

The borders are not porous. Otherwise infiltrators would be seeping in across the borders of gujarat and punjab too. Instead they only infiltrate under covering fire from the pakistani northern infantry divisions around the LoC.

And no I dont need to read any newspapers to know what is going on on the ground. I have an uncle and aunt in the BSF. They dont let infiltrators through... my uncle has personally shot dead 4 infiltrators.

Your insults of ignorance are nothing but hypocrisy. "East Pakistan" was a totally different situation. The Bangladeshis did not landgrab portions of Kashmir from India; and India was supporting the Mukti Bahini at the time. Ie Bangladeshis were allies.

You are so entrenched in your CPI brainwashed views that you dont even have the common courtesy to post without injecting anger and intolerance...

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
We live and rule the border land....this is why the Paki's went to China. They needed help....weapons.

The fact that you do not read about this in the MSM is not surprising, is it?

PS...Afghanistan borders China as well. China rules the part of the Heroin trade.

When I say we a refer to the coilition and US forces. (clear up any question of the meaning of the first sentance)

[edit on 25-9-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben420

He is from India, which is why he isn't a fan of Pakistan.

thanks mate i didn't notice that

@mikesingh, mate i have got very good sense of humor, but still that was very ill-humored post... i have a feeling like you got busted
you even had not thought in your dreams that a paki would get you here

[edit on 25-9-2008 by LOYAL]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by manson_322
reply to post by ben420

no, hes not .... hes lives in USA and is a non resident indian (NRI) ,if i believe i am correct

by the way, dont take him seriously, hes too much into UFO mania blah blah

[edit on 25-9-2008 by manson_322]

Ah, my mistake. I remember reading one or two of his threads detailing India and their technological acievements, so I guess I assumed he was Indian.

Originally posted by LOYAL

Originally posted by ben420

thanks mate i didn't notice that

@mikesingh, mate i have got very good sense of humor, but still that was very ill-humored post... i have a feeling like you got busted

[edit on 25-9-2008 by LOYAL]

Don't listen to me

[edit on 25-9-2008 by ben420]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
So yeah, they're at it again.

news.sky.com

Nato forces in Afghanistan say their helicopters have come under fire from soldiers at a Pakistan military checkpoint.

There were no immediate reports on casualties.

In a statement, Nato says its helicopters did not cross into Pakistan's airspace.

The International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) said: "Our helicopters received small arms fire from a Pakistan military checkpoint along the border near Tanai district, Khost, while conducting routine operations in Afghanistan.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
They were OH-58D armed recon helicopters on a routine patrol near the Afghan/Pakistan border. I suspect the Pakistani Army outpost got a little nervous and fired warning shots. I think the US crew might have returned some warning fire, and backed off the border line.
It's not really that big of a deal, just two militaries professionally handling a complex battlefield reality. Both sides are cooperating with one another, at some level, so it will not get out of hand. But in the mean time be prepared for more of these 'controlled/accidental' incidents.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

The borders are not porous.

borders are much more porous than you imagine ......
ISI frequently uses regions in gujarat and Rajasthan to smuggle fake currency and drugs....

Otherwise infiltrators would be seeping in across the borders of gujarat and punjab too. Instead they only infiltrate under covering fire from the pakistani northern infantry divisions around the LoC.

kashmir is a totally different ballgame firstly , and has a lot of muslims who want seccession from india and are sympathizers of the muslim insurgency and ISI , thereby these kind of people form a logistics and support base for , while this is not so in gujarat and punjab and rajasthan

FYI, while khalistan insurgency was at the height in 80's there were a lot of infiltration in punjab border too , though officer KPS Gill was pretty successful in taking countermeasures to avert this

And no I dont need to read any newspapers to know what is going on on the ground. I have an uncle and aunt in the BSF. They dont let infiltrators through... my uncle has personally shot dead 4 infiltrators.

which BSF unit and which zone , date on which your uncle executed the infiltrators ??

Your insults of ignorance are nothing but hypocrisy. "East Pakistan" was a totally different situation. The Bangladeshis did not landgrab portions of Kashmir from India; and India was supporting the Mukti Bahini at the time. Ie Bangladeshis were allies.

initally , the mukti bahini was no ally , it was only after the millions of banglas crossing the borders into india and due to genocide and ethnic cleansing by pakistani army , that India decided to support mukti bahini to avoid a humanitarian crisis and majority of support received was after indosoviet friendship treaty

As the violence spread in East Pakistan the flood of refugees fleeing from that violence took on such vast proportions that it created a formidable problem for India. In face of this invasion of refugees, the Indian Government adopted a policy whose impact on events in East Pakistan was decisive. During a first phase, from the end of March to the end of November 1971, various measures were taken of direct or indirect assistance to the insurgents, including an increasingly active military assistance which finally led to frontier incidents and engagements between Indian and Pakistani troops
www.globalwebpost.com...

The massive crackdown by West Pakistan forces[5] became an important factor in precipitating the civil war as a sea of refugees (estimated at the time to be about 10million)[6][7] came flooding to the eastern provinces of India.[6] Facing a mounting humanitarian crisis, India started actively aiding and re-organising what was by this time already the nucleus of the Mukti Bahini.
en.wikipedia.org...

You are so entrenched in your CPI brainwashed views that you dont even have the common courtesy to post without injecting anger and intolerance...

silly statement ...you live in uk and are ignorant about indian affairs , please go read the tabloid The Sun ,

[edit on 26-9-2008 by manson_322]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by LOYAL

Ahh..! A Pakistani friend! Nice to meet you!
I have many by the way. And please don't degrade yourself by using the derogatory word,"Paki". It's "Pakistani", for chrissake!
Now if you cut your own foot with a machete, I have nothing to say!

Cheers!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join