It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistani troops attack US choppers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
NICE ONE Pakistan
!

I also heard they shot down a drone yesterday and will be the showing the wreckage soon.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Originally posted by stikkinikki
Myself, I'm tired of hearing about war. Surely we had enough of it throughout our history. Now with global communications and mixing of cultures we should be able to work most anything out without weapons.

Sadly stikkinikki, you're living in a world of make-believe. The Utopian world of Eden is millenia away. Try reasoning with the fundamentalists/terrorists, the Taliban, Al Qaeda and the ISI. We're all tired of war, but they'll not stop till they achieve their ultimate aim of establishing a world Muslim caliphate. And to that end they'll do anything including killing thousands of innocents in suicide bombings.

A conservative blog called Hard Astarboard warns against the desire of Islamists for regional domination and has this to say regarding a letter from Ayman al-Zawahiri, considered Osama bin Laden's lieutenant, to al-Qaeda's Iraq commander, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, whose contents were recently released:

"Zawahiri makes it quite clear that al Qaeda's ambitions extend well beyond the borders of any one country. The goal is a fundamentalist Islamic regime that begins in Iraq, extends into the neighboring secular nations of the region, assaults Israel and moves on from there. And yes, he uses the word 'caliphate.' "

And by the way, the one who's been in war only understands the value of peace.

hardastarboard.mu.nu...

I understand your point but again, but I'm for withdrawing from the habit of being the worlds policeman. I think we should withdraw to our own borders, strengthen them and examine closely people who are already here that might have ideas like the fundamentalist leaders.

If and when we need to fight we will be ready, and by expelling those with fundament beliefs we will ensure the safety of our own citizens. The open border policy is no longer a viable policy.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3
I understand your point but again, but I'm for withdrawing from the habit of being the worlds policeman. I think we should withdraw to our own borders, strengthen them and examine closely people who are already here that might have ideas like the fundamentalist leaders.

Withdrawing to your own borders isn't an option, at least at present. The Bush doctrine is quite clear. This whole ball game is about not only the control of the world's energy resources, but establishing a world order according to the Western agenda. Hemming in Russia, is one of the main objectives in order to achieve this and therefore the imperative to bring Georgia within the ambit of NATO and hem the Russians in.

They failed with a bloody nose which instigated Bush to lambaste the Russians during his latest speech at the UN General Assembly for 'attacking' Georgia. The bottom line is, what the West does is within the law. What others do, even to defend their national interests, is illegal.

Oh, for the greed of a few dollars more and the power that comes with it!!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3

The bottom line is, what the West does is within the law. What others do, even to defend their national interests, is illegal.
Oh, for the greed of a few dollars more and the power that comes with it!!

You really think ISlamic nations eventually gona be absorbed into the Western ideoligy? Their leaders might have fallen for the million $ bait but the people still haven't sold their faiths yet.These extremists have a non-stop flow of all the resources they need to fight and this flow doesn't come from anywhere else but the muslims themselves who keep funding their activities.You can arrest one or two supporters but you can't bang millions of them in prison or freeze their accs/assets.That's why US is trying its best to get the majority of muslims on their side but its not working,the moderates might pretend to be on the 'West's' side but its a BIG illusion that the West is falling for.

IF the Islamic nations get a few more leaders like Ahmadinejad or Mullah Omar (Taliban leader) than the West is really gona have a big big problem.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Pakistan seems to be waking up, at last, to the grave threat the US empire poses to peace and justice in the world...

well done!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ergoli
Pakistan seems to be waking up, at last, to the grave threat the US empire poses to peace and justice in the world...

well done!

Yeah the country would be much better off with an Islamic Fundamentalist Govt.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Hope they do it the next time they run into those pea shooters!
You wouldn't like those Pakistani soldiers to thumb their noses at the mighty US Forces again, would you?

this goes to show what kind of mentality people like you in US have got.. why are you friggin proud of your military power and mocking at smaller nations shame on you bro and grow up... seriously your above remarks are pretty pathetic

@ OP, it is pretty old news, and it did happen and apology was made by US for mistakenly entering pakistani airspace this is what press told us here.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by LOYAL]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

Originally posted by ergoli

well done!

Yeah the country would be much better off with an Islamic Fundamentalist Govt.

At least they would be masters of their own land, don't underestimate the value freedom and sovereignty has to other people.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by LOYAL
This goes to show what kind of mentality people like you in US have got.. why are you friggin proud of your military power and mocking at smaller nations seriously your above remarks are pretty pathetic

Huh? You haven't even bothered to read through the thread before posting this, have you? C'mon man, I know it's a pain in the ass to do so, but if you needed to post a reply such as this, then you should have got your facts straight in the first place. Thanx!

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   

This is pretty old news!

But why did the US choppers run for cover? They should have blasted the heck out of those fellas with a couple of Hellfire missiles!

You wouldn't like those Pakistani soldiers to thumb their noses at the mighty US Forces again, would you?

not a funny statement , mikesingh , your name has a 'Singh' and it suggests that you are a sikh punjabi .....

by the way , doing something like that would be a declaration of war ....

India is not interested in a destabilised Pakistan as it could easily lead to a humanitarian refugee crisis, i.e. thousands of pakistani civilians crossing over to indian border

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by LOYAL

this goes to show what kind of mentality people like you in US have got.. why are you friggin proud of your military power and mocking at smaller nations shame on you bro and grow up... seriously your above remarks are pretty pathetic

He is from India, which is why he isn't a fan of Pakistan.

@ OP, it is pretty old news

Am I missing something here? I think old news is news that is over a week old. A news story that is barely 36 hours old is far from old. Incident happened on Sunday evening, I posted story on Tuesday morning.

I think you made the same mistake mikesingh made and thought I was talking about the incident over a week ago when Pakistani troops fired warning shots at U.S. choppers.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ben420

He is from India, which is why he isn't a fan of Pakistan.

no, hes not .... hes lives in USA and is a non resident indian (NRI) ,if i believe i am correct

by the way, dont take him seriously, hes too much into UFO mania blah blah

[edit on 25-9-2008 by manson_322]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by manson_322

This is pretty old news!

But why did the US choppers run for cover? They should have blasted the heck out of those fellas with a couple of Hellfire missiles!

not a funny statement , mikesingh , your name has a 'Singh' and it suggests that you are a sikh punjabi .....

by the way , doing something like that would be a declaration of war ....

India is not interested in a destabilised Pakistan as it could easily lead to a humanitarian refugee crisis, i.e. thousands of pakistani civilians crossing over to indian border

Oh darn!! Whatever happened to humor on ATS?
I see some a posters have taken umbrage to this! Ok, if a sense of humor is lacking up here then apologies to those who's feelings are hurt!

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Double post! What the....?

[edit on 25-9-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   

by the way, dont take him seriously, hes too much into UFO mania blah blah

Hmmm...So UFO aficionados aren't to be taken seriously?
That made my day!

[edit on 25-9-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

look here , my family has SEEN WHAT HAPPENS in CIVIL WARS....

remember the partition of india .... my family ran from Pakistan as refugees ...

do you what was responsible for this ??? the imperialist anglo saxon british s c u m 'divide and rule' policy and yes, the british egging on the two nation policy ......

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Oh how you continually show your ignorance Manson.

I thought you lived in India? Surely you know that never in a million years would the Indian government allow Pakistanis to cross the border en-masse, not even for a humanitarian reason. To do so would basically be handing over Kashmir, Gujarat and Punjab to Pakistan (since their population would squat on the land from there onwards).

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer

Oh how you continually show your ignorance Manson.

I thought you lived in India? Surely you know that never in a million years would the Indian government allow Pakistanis to cross the border en-masse, not even for a humanitarian reason. To do so would basically be handing over Kashmir, Gujarat and Punjab to Pakistan (since their population would squat on the land from there onwards).

get your facts straight , firstly , pakistani govt will lose control over the land in event of civil war to islamist forces , and be engaged in battles with them

lol, firstly, god you are so ignorant as you live in UK please don't comment about indian affairs.....

firslty , a lot of zones in Rajasthan and gujarat are no properly guarded and are porous

do you even read renowned indian newspapers like centre-left 'The Hindu' and the right wing 'Indian Express' , have you???

To do so would basically be handing over Kashmir, Gujarat and Punjab to Pakistan (since their population would squat on the land from there onwards)

this was the same thing as said for bangladeshi refuggees who were fleeing the civil war and ongoing genocide by pakistani army , but nothing happened as such happened , was the land on which bangla refugees came handed to bangladesh like west bengal, assam etc, no its part of india

more stupid statements , once pakistan is destablised and civil war breaks out , millions are going to be fleeing from this mayhem and will cross the border , this has been stated by several independent analysts in regional hindi newspapers and even hindi newspapers like navbharat times , as several regions on the border are not even properly guarded

some months , one of former ministers in erstwhile BJP govt , i believe , it was Arun Shourie , said that Pakistan is heading for civil war , in one of editorials in indian express

and yes, people believed that in 1971 war and bangla crisis , indian govt would not let east pakistani refugees in , but it allowed them to enter

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

remember the partition of india .... my family ran from Pakistan as refugees ...

Your family has experienced the effects of civil wars? How about you? Have you ever even handled a gun? Have you been in war? Have you fought against insurgents? Have you ever been ambushed by large groups of heavily armed terrorists with bullets and grenades flying all around you?

In other words, do YOU know what its like? I do. 32 years in spec ops and most of it in active operations. So I know what it's like. And thus I know the value of peace. Perhaps more than you do?

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Your family has experienced the effects of civil wars? How about you? Have you ever even handled a gun? Have you been in war? Have you fought against insurgents? Have you ever been ambushed by large groups of heavily armed terrorists with bullets and grenades flying all around you?

In other words, do YOU know what its like? I do. 32 years in spec ops and most of it in active operations. So I know what it's like. And thus I know the value of peace. Perhaps more than you do?

Cheers!

yes, i have handled a colt pistol , and yes I am a owner of one ....

by the way, theres a difference , when you have no money, no weapons and are fleeing mobs armed with guns ,swords yelling 'allah hu akbar' and murdering ,pillaging and raping people

and when you have a gun to defend yourself

which unit/regiment under you served ??? please give some details , my uncle has also served in the indian army too...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join