It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Wicked Dwells Within.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

I wasn't aware that there were different "Kingdom's of Heaven". As I understand it, we are the Kingdom. You are a King and a Priest. As I understand it, Jesus was always speaking of the temple of the body, yet everyone else was awaiting the "fictitious" Kingdom from out of the sky. Most "Christians" are on this boat...waiting for the Kingdom Come.

The Britannia Encyclopedia gives a good description,

the Kingdom of God is within (or among) people,is approached through understanding and entered through acceptance like a child,spiritual rebirth and doing the will of God.t is a kingdom peopled by the righteous and is not the only kingdom.

It goes on to say,

When Jesus speaks of the Kingdom of God he speaks of the time of the fulfillment of the Abrahamic and Davidic covenants.A time of a restored earth where the faithful will worship and serve their God forever under the rulership of a righteous leader of the Davidic line....

Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance,God is now declaring to the world that all people everywhere should repent,because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a Man whom He has appointed,having furnished proof to all people by raising Him from the dead).When they spoke of Jesus coming to judge the living and the dead they were saying the same thing as the Kingdom coming because he was in fact appointed to be the King of the Kingdom.

So,the way i see it is,the Kingdom is both spiritual and physical.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The one thing that I think most are missing about the bible .

Is that it is by INSPIRATION of the HOLY SPIRIT that it was written .
And can only be interpreted by the same INSPIRATION of the HOLY SPIRIT (which should be in you if you really did for sure give your heart mind and soul to the Lord Jesus Christ) ....

If it could just be read like a book (Which is why I hate new versions ) ...and understood then no one would need the Holy Spirit of God in them would they ?

Also do you think that God would just set us off on this quest (To be in this world) without some directions ?I consider his word a history book,a direction book and a map ....
There are many paths one can take when going on a trip ..not all roads lead to your destination ....only one road literally takes you to that driveway of your desitination......So as some believe that all paths lead to God ..is just not true .In fact you can take many roads and crossroads and end up in never never land ..or going in circles ..never coming to the right road that leads to where your going ..
That one road that leads to God is through Jesus Christ ..and that map to the destination with Christ is to be found in those directions (THE BIBLE).........

I am a KJV only fan myself ..it allows for the Holy Spirit to show me what it means ..all others are just someones interpretation (more than likely not even Holy Spirit inspired at all) ....not to mention so many words taken away and so many others added to those new versions (which is a no no ) ..I do not like them at all ...
Also the KJV is so poetic I find it rather soothing (reads better and sinks in better than a plainly written book would) (talking about the easy versions here) ...

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

[So,the way i see it is,the Kingdom is both spiritual and physical.]

Yes at least I believe that to be true.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This may be abject paranoia or mental illness. But about three years ago I felt like something was unleashed upon the planet. I don't scare easy. But this iced me. I could go on, but you get the point.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

This may be abject paranoia or mental illness. But about three years ago I felt like something was unleashed upon the planet. I don't scare easy. But this iced me. I could go on, but you get the point.

Abject Paranoia.
Mental Illness.

The only qualifications needed when talking about religion

Seriously though,go on with your story....

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I have been having some fairly major health issues. I was woken from sleep and heard what sounded like an am band slightly off in my head. I was running a high fever.
I know. Insane in my brain. I would think no different.

[edit on 9/26/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

I have been having some fairly major health issues. I was woken from sleep and heard what sounded like an am band slightly off in my head. I was running a high fever.

Right about now,yes,you sound insane

But thats only because you haven't really explained anything.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

First, your OP was very well thought out and written.
I can't stand it when someone posts someone else's work, or just a newspaper clip as their OP and adds very little commentary...just expects people to gather around and post their thoughts on the subject when the Original Poster gave so very little of their own...
Then have the nerve to turn around and tell people to stay on topic, now that cracks me up.

Anyway, that said, if you're going to nit-pick the translations, there are so many options for studying on the internet, as I'm sure you know. My favorite one for accuracy is bible.org. As you can see, it gives the meaning of each and every word in every verse. Someone really did their homework on that site.

You have to keep in mind, the ones who wrote the original texts were not sitting there with note books and pens, copying everything Jesus said while he was saying it. If they did, everything in the four gospels would match a lot better than it does. Also, take into consideration some of the reasons there might be contradictions, like, some of the apostles were under the pressure from the people who surrounded Jesus and pressured him. Jesus was a lot stronger than his men. I believe his men buckled under said pressure and altered some of the teachings, but this is just my observation based on the contradictions in the gospels and the dysrhythmic flow of the message. I know people in the "faith" are taught not to question the "inerrant sacred texts"...or else!

[edit on 27-9-2008 by mmariebored]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mmariebored

First, your OP was very well thought out and written.

Thank you.

You have to keep in mind, the ones who wrote the original texts were not sitting there with note books and pens, copying everything Jesus said while he was saying it. If they did, everything in the four gospels would match a lot better than it does.

I am aware of that.I also understand that even eye witnesses can give different accounts of the same event.Its a popular argument used by those who want to discredit the bible.Good example to give them is this;there's a car crash,there are 6 witnesses who give a statement to the police,those 6 statements will differ from each other.

...some of the apostles were under the pressure from the people who surrounded Jesus and pressured him...I believe his men buckled under said pressure and altered some of the teachings, but this is just my observation based on the contradictions in the gospels and the dysrhythmic flow of the message.

Interesting theory.But each apostle died for his faith,they refused to stop preaching Jesus' message.If they did that then i can't imagine them giving into the pressure.

I know people in the "faith" are taught not to question the "inerrant sacred texts"...or else!

I'm the total opposite.Question everything,i say.

Never stop questioning,curiosity has its own reason for existing.

Albert Einstein.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll
Interesting theory.But each apostle died for his faith,they refused to stop preaching Jesus' message.If they did that then i can't imagine them giving into the pressure.

1)Manson's women followers are still filled with the steam from his engine and will no doubt die in prison for following him.
2)Suicide bombers...need I say more?

I know people in the "faith" are taught not to question the "inerrant sacred texts"...or else!

I'm the total opposite.Question everything,i say.

Never stop questioning,curiosity has its own reason for existing.

Albert Einstein.

His spirit lives on.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by mmariebored]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

hello There

yes the problem with the NIV is that you can see the agenda from those that worked on it.

this is one of my favourite subjects, many people say a bible is a bible etc etc

but there is a clear attempt to remove the deity of Christ from this version.

I think the King James is great, but as someone has already pointed out a concordance is required.

second to that there are many KJV 1611 study versions, you may think they are all the same but they are not. They all have a certain angle such as futurist etc

I want mad when i first discovered that the margin notes and references were different. So it good to have a few KJV to get a good load of cross referencing going, and a pencil helps i find.

just on a secular note that the KJV has no copyright and others do. copy right law states that something has to be significantly different from another. mmm!

ahhh

come quickly Lord

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Francis bacon was a Rosicrucian Francis and his lot alegedly had the manuscripts for a short time and launched an altered KJV in around 1619 with altered and added symbolism

the original KJV was altered to turn believers away from this version. the text was not changed

the symbols were removed after his death and the the leaders her served.

the translation comittee finished circa 1610 and then, for whatever reason it is believed aledged that King James passed the manuscripts to Bacon.

most of the sites that state Bacon did the translating editing etc are new age sites. Bacon did not alter anything of the actual translation. Its on of many myths about Bacon as he is also said to be shakespear.

Manly Palmer Hall is a leader in propagating this myth and why wouldn't he as he is an enemy of God.

david

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
mmariebored

1)Manson's women followers are still filled with the steam from his engine and will no doubt die in prison for following him.
2)Suicide bombers...need I say more?

Well,if they don't crack under the pressure and follow their teachings,however twisted they may be,the Apostles would've held their nerve in the face of opposition.

drevill

this is one of my favourite subjects, many people say a bible is a bible etc etc

When it so obviously isn't.One quote in the OP shows the danger of such changes.Joesph is referred to as Jesus' father.Children at school learning about this will either believe it,or be confused by it.

but there is a clear attempt to remove the deity of Christ from this version.

Yes!
And so many people don't see it!
I feel like banging my head against the wall.....well,i actually feel like banging their head against the wall.

just on a secular note that the KJV has no copyright and others do. copy right law states that something has to be significantly different from another. mmm!

If the KJV/Latin Vulgate/Douay-Rheims etc are in the public domain,(no copyright)and there are no siginficant changes,how can they copyright modern versions.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

The Britannia Encyclopedia gives a good description,

the Kingdom of God is within (or among) people,is approached through understanding and entered through acceptance like a child,spiritual rebirth and doing the will of God.t is a kingdom peopled by the righteous and is not the only kingdom.

It goes on to say,

When Jesus speaks of the Kingdom of God he speaks of the time of the fulfillment of the Abrahamic and Davidic covenants.A time of a restored earth where the faithful will worship and serve their God forever under the rulership of a righteous leader of the Davidic line....

Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance,God is now declaring to the world that all people everywhere should repent,because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a Man whom He has appointed,having furnished proof to all people by raising Him from the dead).When they spoke of Jesus coming to judge the living and the dead they were saying the same thing as the Kingdom coming because he was in fact appointed to be the King of the Kingdom.

So,the way i see it is,the Kingdom is both spiritual and physical.

Hello Jakyll and peace to you.

Thank you for your quotes.

I see them the same way also, for what ever is bound in earth is bound in heaven and whatsoever is Loosed in the earth is loosed in heaven. The vessel is physical, yet the life spirit and both occur together. "My reward is with me"...

In your scripture, does it not say, "God does not change nor grow weary"?
How then is there different covenants? God does not change, only mans ideas of God.

Again, does your scripture not say, "Nothing has been hidden since the beginning of the world"? His salvation is Generation to Generation as it always has been, yet "The poor you always have, but me you do not" As he was "poured out on all flesh" from the cross, till the consummation is completed.

Again, does it not say, "Repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand"?
"God does not Change nor, grow weary", "Is my arm to short to save, or my ear to deaf to hear, yet you have forgotten your maker"

Again, does it not say, "In the day a man sins, then all of the good he has done is forgotten and that man shall die in his sin, yet if a sinner turns away from sin and does what is right, then that man shall live"?

Again, does it not say, "Let the dead bury the dead, but you follow me"?

Again, does it not say concerning the resurrection of the dead, "He is the God of Abraham(Father of many Nations), The God of Issac(Laughter), and the God of Jacob(Heel Catcher)" "He is not the God of the Dead, but of the living."

Again, "Forbid not the children to come unto me, for such does the kingdom of heaven belong too"

Again, "Woe to him who betrays the son of man, for it would be better that a millstone be hung around his neck and he cast himself in to the sea", even so, "Woe unto them who causes one of these little ones who believes in me to stumble, for it would be better that a millstone be hung around his neck and he cast himself to the bottom of the sea"

Recognize what is Caesar's and what is Gods, and give accordingly. The things of God are the fruit of the spirit, not the fruit of the Bible. The bible is the fruit of a Caesar, yet to God is his Living Word...Let those with ears to hear, hear what he is saying...A night fast approaches in which, no man will be able to work...

Peace

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by joesomebody

Lexicons corrupt the word of God, read Chapter 26 specifically:

"The Greek and Hebrew Lexicons and dictionaries are written by men,

The original Hebrew scriptures, and the Aramaic, and the Greek were written by men. Are they corrupt, too?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join